Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old April 10th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Goblin Cutters x4
Raelin RotV
Nakita Agents
Gurei-Oni
Axegrinders x6
Raelin
500/25 (sit a dwarf)

I can speak from personal experience that masses of ABF own masses GCs-once the dwarves start to engage the goblins, the goblins just can't Scurry fast enough. Raelin keeps them alive through the fire the Nakitas lay down, and with 23 dwarves I'm not afraid to lose a few to Engagement Strike. GO falls victim to the bonuses the ABF get aginst large units, and, without any range, Evil Eye never comes into play.

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old April 10th, 2011, 09:04 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
Goblin Cutters x4
Raelin RotV
Nakita Agents
Gurei-Oni
Axegrinders x6
Raelin
500/25 (sit a dwarf)

I can speak from personal experience that masses of ABF own masses GCs-once the dwarves start to engage the goblins, the goblins just can't Scurry fast enough. Raelin keeps them alive through the fire the Nakitas lay down, and with 23 dwarves I'm not afraid to lose a few to Engagement Strike. GO falls victim to the bonuses the ABF get aginst large units, and, without any range, Evil Eye never comes into play.
KURROK THE ELEMENTALIST-120
EARTH ELEMENTALx4-260
WATER ELEMENTALx4-380
AIR ELEMENTALx4-500

Water's go for Raelin. Airs keep Raelin from getting help Earths punch out Dwarves.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old April 11th, 2011, 01:34 AM

Lucky is surprisingly tart
Wink Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Goblin Cutters x4
Raelin RotV
Nakita Agents
Gurei-Oni[/quote]

Axegrinders x6
Raelin
500/25 (sit a dwarf)

I can speak from personal experience that masses of ABF own masses GCs-once the dwarves start to engage the goblins, the goblins just can't Scurry fast enough. Raelin keeps them alive through the fire the Nakitas lay down, and with 23 dwarves I'm not afraid to lose a few to Engagement Strike. GO falls victim to the bonuses the ABF get aginst large units, and, without any range, Evil Eye never comes into play.[/quote]
KURROK THE ELEMENTALIST-120
EARTH ELEMENTALx4-260
WATER ELEMENTALx4-380
AIR ELEMENTALx4-500

Water's go for Raelin. Airs keep Raelin from getting help Earths punch out Dwarves.[/quote]

185-Nelfhiem
110-Airborn Elite
110-Sentenals
80-Raelin

I would just slowly progress forward killing any elements I could until the AE drop and kill the Elementalist and it's all down hill from there. I doubt you would have many elements by the time Kurrok died; with three attack of 4 die per turn I doubt they would last long. The only bad thing about the elemental army is they have a very weak leader. You have about a 50% chance of spawning another element every time you roll. That is two turns to get one character back. All I have to do to beat a completely Kurrok based army is kill more than one every two turns. Start with the water since they are the only ones with range, kill the air second since they are powerful against flying critters, and finish off with the earth which shouldn't be to bad with the Sentenals.

He is not just a devastating opponent, he is the bait; hence the name Master of the Hunt.
Old April 18th, 2011, 04:55 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
185-Nelfhiem
110-Airborn Elite
110-Sentenals
80-Raelin
150 Cyprien
45 Sonya
270 Marro Hounds x 3
20 Marcu
10 Isamu

Cyprien should be able to rip through the AE or Sentinels. The Marro Hounds should be able to infect the opposing team. Marcu and Isamu are fillers.
Old April 18th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

This was too easy,

Q9 -180
Q10 -150
Reavers x4 -160
Isamu -10

Immune (virtually) to everything (except Isamu).
(Here come the Quasatchs)

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old April 18th, 2011, 06:46 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Omnicron Snipers x3 300
Omnicron Repulsors x5 500

You just ASKED for that one by posting all-borgs.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old April 18th, 2011, 06:51 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthflagbearer View Post
This was too easy,

Q9 -180
Q10 -150
Reavers x4 -160
Isamu -10

Immune (virtually) to everything (except Isamu).
(Here come the Quasatchs)
Actually, I've found that the Quasatch aren't exactly ideal for taking on rats; the little buggers just scatter away whenever you attack them, mitigating the monkeys' multi-attack advantage. And they're OK against Q9, but that's it.

EDIT: Ninja'd!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!

Last edited by nate the dawg; April 18th, 2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: ninja
Old April 18th, 2011, 07:33 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Omnicron Snipers x3 300

Sentinels x2
Raelin RotV
Krav
Gurei Oni
Old April 18th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Omnicron Snipers x3 300

I did, didn't I

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old April 19th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Sentinels x2
Raelin RotV
Krav
Gurei Oni
Nakitas
Black Wyrmlings x7
Drake II
500/11

BWs cluster around the Nakitas relying on Smoke Powder to keep them safe from the Krav while FPABing the Sentinels. Thorian Speed keeps Drake alive while he cleans up whatever the Wyrmlings and Agents don't get.

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old April 21st, 2011, 06:06 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Sentinels x2
Raelin RotV
Krav
Gurei Oni
Nakitas
Black Wyrmlings x7
Drake II
500/11

BWs cluster around the Nakitas relying on Smoke Powder to keep them safe from the Krav while FPABing the Sentinels. Thorian Speed keeps Drake alive while he cleans up whatever the Wyrmlings and Agents don't get.
Q9- 180
Raelin- 80
x4 stingers- 240

That could beat anything. If not just drop two stinger squads and throw in RoTV drake or Kaemon Awa (Whom i have never played ut really want).
Old April 21st, 2011, 06:07 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Sentinels x2
Raelin RotV
Krav
Gurei Oni
Nakitas
Black Wyrmlings x7
Drake II
500/11

Q9- 180
Raelin- 80
x4 stingers- 240

That could beat anything. If not just drop two stinger squads and throw in RoTV drake or Kaemon Awa (Whom i have never played ut really want).
I mean but not ut.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion