Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old May 27th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!
Re: High School Graduation

Congrats Nite! One more year for me, being a senior still makes me a little uneasy. I had no idea that you were graduating this year and I feel like I should have . The SAT thing threw me off as well.

You don't seem worried about them, you shouldn't be. They're really no big deal, as far as getting scared goes. That doesn't mean you don't need to prepare, though. I'll be taking them for the second time on June 7.

Anyway, good luck with all that you're doing!

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old May 27th, 2008, 01:13 AM

Aquaryan is surprisingly tart

Congratulations on graduation from high school... good luck with the college years.

Scary to think that my 20th High School Reunion is coming up in 2010.
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:15 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilliDog View Post
Congrats Nite! One more year for me, being a senior still makes me a little uneasy. I had no idea that you were graduating this year and I feel like I should have . The SAT thing threw me off as well.

You don't seem worried about them, you shouldn't be. They're really no big deal, as far as getting scared goes. That doesn't mean you don't need to prepare, though. I'll be taking them for the second time on June 7.

Anyway, good luck with all that you're doing!
They're really not hard at all, it's just the challenge of having inane questions thrown at you for SIX HOURS STRAIGHT. I, for one, do not do so well under such circumstances and could only pull off 1830 points. I hope all you guys do better.
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Congrats NiteRaider. I didn't go to ASU, but I've been to Arizona. I remember that I took the SATs, but I don't remember the test itself at all. Two more years until my 25 year reunion...

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old May 27th, 2008, 11:19 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!

Congraduations!

I graduated in June 2007, and am now attending a local community college for my associates degree in automotive part time. I'm working a full time job at Merchant's Tire, and want to pick up a second job working part time, just for the extra cash. The only problem is the school; Since I'm doing a degree program, I have to do it at a certain pace, and my schedule at work isn't consistent enough to pick up another part time job. I'm thinking about dropping the degree program, and taking just the classes that I need to get my ASE certifications one at a time every other semester, that way I still get the education I need to progress in my chosen field, and I have more time to handle another job. If I do it this way, in theory I could be pulling probably around $70,000 a year by 25 years old.

Good luck with you SAT's and your time in college! It's a hell of a lot different than high school is. Don't screw it up!
Old May 27th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog View Post
They're really not hard at all, it's just the challenge of having inane questions thrown at you for SIX HOURS STRAIGHT. I, for one, do not do so well under such circumstances and could only pull off 1830 points. I hope all you guys do better.
Wow!! When I took the SATs in the mid-1960s the highest possible score was 1600; so I am very impressed. (I only scored a combined 1473.)
Old May 27th, 2008, 12:07 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Quote:
Wow!! When I took the SATs in the mid-1960s the highest possible score was 1600; so I am very impressed. (I only scored a combined 1473.)
In one test Rev or was that combined SAT scores?
Old May 27th, 2008, 12:13 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
The new SAT's add up to 2400. It takes literally six hours to complete.
Old May 27th, 2008, 12:23 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

Congrats Nite.

Quote:
Quote:
Only. Ha! 1473 must be top 5 percentile.

When I took it (the last year before the 2400 point structure came), our scores were always rounded to the nearest 10.
Old May 27th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

724 Math, 649 Verbal, was the way mine bounced out in 1965...back when people thought those things mattered. Now I'm convinced what they measured was my ability to take tests and nothing much more.
Old May 27th, 2008, 01:08 PM
GW Bush's

Quote:
724 Math, 649 Verbal, was the way mine bounced out in 1965...back when people thought those things mattered. Now I'm convinced what they measured was my ability to take tests and nothing much more.
That's exactly what it is. That's why the questions are so easy and repetitive. It's starting to be that universities (or my university, anyway) doesn't even look at SAT scores any more.
Old May 29th, 2008, 11:04 AM

Imbackkids *glass shatters*

724+649 is only 1373 leading me to have some doubts about that 724 mathematical, no offense intended.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General