Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 22nd, 2015, 06:36 PM
His sweat is highly explosive

Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Jason Voorhees - Public Playtesting

B is my preference.
Old December 28th, 2015, 03:53 PM
The Opposite of Pants

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun

Playtesting has stalled a bit, hopefully my promotion will draw in some attention. In the meantime, here's some figure pics I took. Let me know if they'll work:

Edit: a better pic of the figure:

Last edited by Arkham; January 11th, 2016 at 01:52 PM.
Old December 28th, 2015, 04:13 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That was a cool idea.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 28th, 2015, 10:34 PM
The Opposite of Pants

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Jason Voorhees

Army Test 1
Map: Alkali Lake
Units:
Jason, Obsidian, Solomon Grundy, Mr. Mxyzptlk(990)
vs.
Star-Lord, Gamora, Rocket Raccoon, Groot(1010)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Units:
Jason, Martian Manhunter I, Archangel, Obsidian(1020)
vs.
Fantastic Four(1000)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Overall Jason felt much more threatening, and overall more effective. Getting him adjacent to key figures is nice, because it forces them to spend a couple turns killing him, leave engagement, or risk taking a wound at the end of each turn. His combo with Obsidian isn't as strong as it was before, since he can keep moving on his own now, and the wound isn't right away. However, a new great combo has formed with him and Mr. Mxyzptlk. Mr. M could put a wound on the figure and end their turn, allowing Jason to potentially get a follow up wound immediately.Overall he plays well, if not slightly overcosted. We'll see what other's results are, but so far ~170 feels about right, and he's a nice lockdown/annoyance unit to make your opponent have to run or fight. He excels best when there's more powerful figures that the opponent needs to worry about, but they can't just ignore Jason either. So if at the very least, he's a nice distraction and intimidation unit to make your opponent have to choose what to focus on.
Old January 7th, 2016, 05:12 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Jason Voorhees

Army Test
Units: Destiny (55), Diablo (140), Fire Ant Swarm x8 (80), Jason (180), Jean Grey (180), Magento (375), Sage (190) (1200) vs Comedian (160), Doctor Manhattan (470), Nite Owl (130), Ozymandias (200), Rorschach (140), Silk Spectre (100) (1200)

Powers Used:
KI KI KI, MA MA MA: 3 times
Unstoppable Resilience: 4 times
Relentless Assault: Success: 3 Fail: 2
Friday the 13th: Success: 2 Fail: 0

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Destiny (55), Diablo (140), Fire Ant Swarm x8 (80), Jason (180), Jean Grey (180), Magento (375), Sage (190) (1200) vs Human Torch (225), Invisible Woman (215), Mr. Fantastic (235), Silver Surfer (400), The Thing (325) (1400)

Powers Used:
KI KI KI, MA MA MA: 6 times
Unstoppable Resilience: 2 times
Relentless Assault: Success: 6 Fail: 3
Friday the 13th: Success: 2 Fail: 0

Wounds from a normal attack: 2
Wounds from leaving engagement: 1

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Destiny (55), Diablo (140), Fire Ant Swarm x8 (80), Jason (180), Jean Grey (180), Magento (375), Sage (190) (1200) vs Human Torch (225), Invisible Woman (215), Mr. Fantastic (235), She-Hulk (310), Silver Surfer (400), The Thing (325) (1710)

Powers Used:
KI KI KI, MA MA MA: 5 times
Unstoppable Resilience: 8 times
Relentless Assault: Success: 5 Fail: 2
Friday the 13th: Success: 2 Fail: 2

Wounds from a normal attack: 1
Wounds from leaving engagement: 1

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Honestly think he is very under cost or over powered. He does need a few support figures to gain his full potential. I went with the option of throw and paralyze, but others do come to mind. I also considered defensive units to prevent Jason from being destroyed quickly, such as GL with energy shields and/or Invisible Woman so that he would actually have a Defense number. Another path would be undead returning powers including Dracula and Judge Death.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: He requires absolutely no OM to move about the board (sometimes even with a very limited teleport), a good base Attack coupled with that nasty Relentless Assault and a return from the grave power. Perhaps in a smaller point cost army, he couldn’t get the support he does require, but clearly with at least 1200 points this team was very strong.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points

Last edited by fret_gurglo; January 7th, 2016 at 06:06 PM. Reason: clarifying results in test 1
Old January 7th, 2016, 05:28 PM
The Opposite of Pants

Thanks for the playtest! I'm curious, reading through your results, it is stated that Jason returned several times in one round. Friday the 13th states that you can only roll for it at the end of the round, not during the round. So I'm curious if I'm misinterpreting this in your breakdown or if you might have misread the power.

Having him come back several times in a round would certainly make him feel much more powerful and undercosted, so I wouldn't be surprised if this altered your experience with him if that's the case. Especially with the success rate you had with his roll of 13 or higher, which I struggled with in my games.

Thanks again for the playtest @fret_gurglo , much appreciated. I'll mark you down for the figure.
Old January 7th, 2016, 06:00 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
Thanks for the playtest! I'm curious, reading through your results, it is stated that Jason returned several times in one round. Friday the 13th states that you can only roll for it at the end of the round, not during the round. So I'm curious if I'm misinterpreting this in your breakdown or if you might have misread the power.

Having him come back several times in a round would certainly make him feel much more powerful and undercosted, so I wouldn't be surprised if this altered your experience with him if that's the case. Especially with the success rate you had with his roll of 13 or higher, which I struggled with in my games.

Thanks again for the playtest @fret_gurglo , much appreciated. I'll mark you down for the figure.
Sorry my description was not clear. In the first test he was destroyed and returned at the end of the round. During the first turn of the following round he was destroyed again, but was able to return at the end of that round.

My current reward points
Old January 7th, 2016, 06:07 PM
Ninja Playtester

Edited playtest for clarity

My current reward points
Old January 7th, 2016, 06:17 PM
The Opposite of Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_gurglo View Post
Edited playtest for clarity
Gotcha, thanks for the response.

Some follow up questions, if you don't mind elaborating a bit further:

1. Would you say luck played a part in any of the games, specifically in favor of Jason's team, that led to the dominant wins, and even a close loss, especially seeing as the 2nd game was at a 200 point disadvantage and the 3rd was at a 510 point disadvantage(and only narrowly being defeated)?

2. How much do you feel Jason's contributions were what led to those wins? Or do you feel it was just a powerful team and Jason played a more minor role? It looks like he caused 3 wounds in the first game, 9 wounds in the 2nd game(including LEA), and 7 wounds in the 3rd game(including LEA).
Old January 7th, 2016, 06:26 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Fwiw, the Fantastic Four really hate both throwers and auto wounders like Magneto II and (boosted) Jean Grey, as they get around the Invisible Woman/Mister Fantastic defensive strategy (lock attackers down with Mr. F., back him with Invisible Woman's aura so he's hard to hurt and she's untouchable). Taking that out of their arsenal and enabling yourself to cut the head off the snake with 5 good rolls really takes a lot of bite out of the Fan Four, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 7th, 2016, 06:37 PM
Ninja Playtester

Quote:
Gotcha, thanks for the response.

Some follow up questions, if you don't mind elaborating a bit further:

1. Would you say luck played a part in any of the games, specifically in favor of Jason's team, that led to the dominant wins, and even a close loss, especially seeing as the 2nd game was at a 200 point disadvantage and the 3rd was at a 510 point disadvantage?
Yes and no. Being a big 20-sided die team they definitely needed luck. However Sage gave everyone a +1 bonus (not for Jason's Friday the 13th) and Destiny gave a +3 to Magneto and Jean Grey. So yes luck, but enhanced luck.

Quote:
2. How much do you feel Jason's contributions were what led to those wins? Or do you feel it was just a powerful team and Jason played a more minor role? It looks like he caused 3 wounds in the first game, 9 wounds in the 2nd game(including LEA), and 7 wounds in the 3rd game(including LEA).
It was indeed a very strong team, but it was a team effort. Jason definitely played his part. Even 7 wounds against the Thing, She-hulk and Mr. Fantastic is worth more than 180 points.

In short each game was strategized the same way. Anytime initiative is won the ants would swarm a ground based single attacking unit (such as the Thing). This would effectively immobilize them as it is not really worth an OM to attempt to leave or destroy a single ant. Jean grey would start with tossing Diablo forward and Sage would follow to boost either Jean Grey or Magento. At the same time Jason would move forward on the other players team. This brings out and set ups 4 figures (excluding ants). With the 2 paralyzing figures (Diablo and Jean Grey up front) Jason would start to work on the enemy with Relentless Assault. Magneto would then follow to start tossing enemies at Diablo and Jean Grey for the trap. Ants would swarm around anyone else to slow them down. Magneto usually did 2 wounds (as he only needs a 5 on the 20-sided) so he did the most damage. Diablo needed a modified 13 to paralyze and Jean Grey needed a modified 8 to prevent movement. Using both of them usually guaranteed that nobody could move. Jason only needed an 8 to use Relentless Assault. It did not matter what Defense number the enemy had or special power (other than Invisible Woman, which needed adjacency) as tossing and Relentless Assault bypasses this. And with Diablo, the enemies couldn't set themselves for a proper attack.

So yes I think it was this combination of a team that became so devastating, but he was part of that team and did contribute. I'm thinking of running it again with another 180 point figure in place of Jason to determine if his absence would be noticed.

My current reward points
Old January 7th, 2016, 06:48 PM
The Opposite of Pants

Thanks again for the response.

I'm likely going to test that myself with Daredevil in his place here in a few, and see what happens. His Friday the 13th for me though has never been greatly successful. There's several rounds he sits out, failing the 40% chance each time. He's also never been a big damage dealer in any of my games, only managing 2-3 wounds usually. However, I never played him with as many lockdown units as you have here, so I'm curious if that's going to be an issue. Bats also makes a decent point that the FF struggle against this type of army.

At any rate, a natural change to be made would be to add in the Super Strength roll subtraction as was considered prior. Upping the roll required to be a 10 or higher, and subtracting 3 from the roll if the figure has Super Strength would certainly tone things down a bit.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library