Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old July 19th, 2020, 02:45 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Gen Con 2021 Roll Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Someone should update the thread to read Gencon 2021 roll call then
Not until the fat lady sings. (Then and only then will I update)

GAME ON!
That ***** is finally done singing.

(Place Holder)

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old February 19th, 2021, 04:49 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker
Re: Gen Con 2021 Roll Call

What are the odds this is going to happen?

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old February 19th, 2021, 07:12 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Unlikely. I don't think GenCon will happen this year either.
Old February 19th, 2021, 08:58 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
My Current Estimate

I was 50/50 earlier in the year. I'm much lower now. I don't expect Gencon to happen until we are at 80% vaccination. I put that at somewhere in the 20-30% range to happen by Gencon with a major question of whether or not we'll know that with enough time for things like event submission. My brain is already kinda expecting there not to be one this year.

~Dysole, paying attention to many things
Old February 19th, 2021, 09:07 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For what it's worth, I've taken a few surveys that GenCon sent out asking what participants would/wouldn't do, and one of the questions those surveys asked was 'would you attend if GenCon happened later in the year', so it appears that is at least a theoretical possibility. I have no idea how hard that would be to change the dates, but someone involved at least has asked the question. Obviously if that is possible then it increases the probability.
Old February 19th, 2021, 11:17 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

If it gets pushed back to the fall, I get to miss a week of school... I'm not saying my fingers are crossed, but...
Old February 20th, 2021, 09:57 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

pushed back would be tough since I am a teacher. I have already booked the house rental for the set dates (which can be dropped at no cost). Hoping it happens, but thinking that unless things and mentalities change quickly, we will be virtual again.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old February 20th, 2021, 10:37 AM

corbell is surprisingly tart

I haven't even looked into tickets this year. Maybe depending on what it looks like after my fishing trip this summer, I'll look at getting some tickets.. But I typically go to Winter War in January in Champaign Illinois.
Old February 20th, 2021, 11:13 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
For what it's worth, I've taken a few surveys that GenCon sent out asking what participants would/wouldn't do, and one of the questions those surveys asked was 'would you attend if GenCon happened later in the year', so it appears that is at least a theoretical possibility. I have no idea how hard that would be to change the dates, but someone involved at least has asked the question. Obviously if that is possible then it increases the probability.
I also got one of those surveys from GenCon. I notice one of the questions was basically about not having gaming tables (obviously pretty hard to keep 6 foot distance when playing games). I'd rather have it delayed until fall than have it in August, but with no gaming tables.
Old February 20th, 2021, 12:51 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

The big thing to remember is we usually submit events in Jan for an August event. They have not opened event submission yet. It’s hard to know what things will look like in 6 months. I’m not sure how that works for Gencon. It would be extremely difficult, if not impossible to plan and organize everything in April for August. There was an article in the WSJ the other day talking about herd immunity by this Spring. But people are so divided on masks, vaccines, etc. it’s hard to gauge everything. People do mostly seem to all agree on social distancing being pretty important. That’s extremely difficult, if not impossible to do when playing board games. Also the dealer hall would need a huge facelift. At any given time there’s probably a dozen people within 6 feet of you in there. The survey also asked about more events (seminars, etc) and less gaming as @Retlaw mentioned. That’s not a thing that I would personally be interested in. Ken Con 3.0 is on standby at this point...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old February 20th, 2021, 02:19 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sounds shakey. I agree with MM about the planning aspect. That alone makes a normal GC in August unlikely.
Old February 21st, 2021, 12:12 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Would anyone go to Origins in Columbus, OH from September 30-October 3 as an alternative to Gencon? If we registered Heroscapers as a GAMA Club tickets would be almost half price and it might be the biggest game convention that happens in 2021, so a good alternative. Closer to some people, farther for others but still fairly central Midwest.

I’d also be open to alternate locations and dates if people have a suggestion that we can collectively agree on as THE Heroscape Gencon alternative. It doesn’t even have to be a regular game con, if Ken or someone can book a place that holds 80 people for 2 1/2 days of scape that might do, although some Gencon regulars like the mix of Scape and other games and events.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con