Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old July 11th, 2008, 07:51 AM
...Huzzah!

EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby!
The Carr Chronicles - Parts 1-3

I started writing a story about Agent Carr a little while back and thought I'd start posting my finished pieces. I know that Agent Carr stories have been done, especially the one posted by Pumpkin_King, but the Agent Carr figure was the first one that got me interested in the game, so I went for it.
I tried to stay within the information that was given in Thormun's Journal and the official Bio's.

Please let me know what you think: Good, Bad, or otherwise.

Enjoy.

Part 1:
The time to act had finally come. We had been tracking the Krizman Gang for the last three years and had finally gathered enough information to move. Guns, prostitution, drugs, gambling, extortion, bribery, you name it… these guys were involved in some way. They were involved in just about every illegal and legal activity in the area. The problem was proving how they had been involved. When we did catch someone they wouldn’t talk. A few tried but they wound up dead, ruled a “suicide”. At least that’s how the coroner ruled. But we finally caught a few of the thugs red handed and they spilled their guts. They gave us all the info we needed. Now all we needed was the go from the government.
My name is Carr. I work for the government and am the agent in charge of the secret, elite agency known as Krav Maga. The Krav Maga Agents are the best spec-ops team in the world, and one of the best kept secrets of our government. I’m in complete control of every aspect of the Krav Maga, I hand pick the men and women I want on my team from every military organization in the free world. I offer them a chance to find out what they are made of and those that try, we test them beyond the breaking point. If anyone that is left standing, we offer them a slot in the Krav Maga training school. There are only a handful of candidates that ever make it into training, let alone our graduate and become a Krav Maga Agent.
I usually didn’t lead in the field but this was a special case. Three years ago I was put in charge of the task force to bring down the Krizman Gang. The local authorities had been trying to bring down this particular gang long before I showed up, but their efforts were disorganized and had received little help. The Kriz had stayed local for years but had started to branch out into the rest of the country. That’s when the Kriz made their fatal mistake. They raided a military facility near the capital and stole enough munitions to start a small war. The raid received a lot of media attention and made the government look inept. The people started blaming the President for the incident. The President didn't like being blamed and wanted those responsible brought to justice. That’s when I was brought in.
“Agent Carr.” came a familiar voice from behind me.
“What is it, Agent Jones?”
“Phone call from Secretary Brizek. Line 2.”
Secretary Brizek was my former boss and former head of Krav Maga. He was about 20 years older than I was and was old school. He was good at what he did and had been nominated to be the Secretary of Law about 6 years ago and had taken the job. He was our man in the government and had spent the last few days cutting red tape to help us get the go ahead to raid the home of Christopher Mannt, Mastermind of the Krizman Gang. I crossed my fingers as I picked up the phone.
“This is Carr.”
“Carr, you have a go. The President just signed the order.”
“That’s good news, sir. I’ll bring him in: dead or alive.”
“Be careful up there. Something isn’t sitting right with this. It almost seems too easy.”
“I know what you mean, sir. I just think they finally made a mistake, the first in 3 years, but a mistake none the less. I’ll contact you after we have this guy and his thugs bagged.”
“Good Luck.”
“Thanks.”
I knew what Brizek was saying. I had this feeling that we were walking into a trap. The Krizman Gang was so good at hiding their illegal activities that this slip up almost seemed on purpose. I hoped I was right about it being a mistake. I had no choice but to act.

Last edited by EagleOne; July 28th, 2008 at 12:49 PM. Reason: To correct the fact that Pumpkin_King only posted the other Agent Carr story.
Old July 11th, 2008, 12:23 PM

Akralon has disabled reputation
Re: The Carr Chronicles - Part 1

Good stuff. Fast paced, dark and well narrated. Keep up the good work.
Old July 11th, 2008, 09:28 PM
...Huzzah!

EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks. I'm trying to be serious with it and include enough detail that the pictures in my mind can been seen by other 'Scapers.

EagleOne is Syvarris...
in the WYNN KEEP...
Old July 13th, 2008, 12:05 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

This is a great start, EagleOne. I'm looking forward to what comes next.

Oh, and just to clear things up:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
I know that Agent Carr stories have been done, especially the one by Pumpkin_King, but the Agent Carr figure was the first one that got me interested in the game, so I went for it.
I've mentioned this several times. The Agent Carr stories are not mine. They are a friend's, who gave me permission to post them. Just stating that again for the record.
Old July 13th, 2008, 05:50 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
This is a great start, EagleOne. I'm looking forward to what comes next.

Oh, and just to clear things up:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
I know that Agent Carr stories have been done, especially the one by Pumpkin_King, but the Agent Carr figure was the first one that got me interested in the game, so I went for it.
I've mentioned this several times. The Agent Carr stories are not mine. They are a friend's, who gave me permission to post them. Just stating that again for the record.
Ahh, so that's why those stories are so well written and enjoyable!

And good story, EagleOne!

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old July 14th, 2008, 11:42 AM
...Huzzah!

The Carr Chronicles - Part 2

Part 2:

I sent word out that we were a go and to meet for the final briefing at 19:00 hours. I thought I’d go back over the Mannt files to make sure we hadn’t missed something. Chris Mannt, born Kerkoff Makopski, was born into a middle class family. He was good in school and showed leadership skills in being elected class president all four years of High School. Once he graduated something changed, his parents said that he fell into a bad crowd. He was 19 when he had his first run in with the law. He was picked up for cyber-stalking a woman in his neighborhood and served a year in prison. After his release, he fell off the map for the next 10 years. There are no records on him anywhere. All I know is that he began building the foundation for his empire of legitimate businesses and criminal activities.

15 years ago his name pops up again, changing his name to Christopher Mannt, an innocent little blip on the radar that no one noticed. Again there was nothing on him for another 5 years. 10 years ago his name came up as the head of a new company, Mannt Technologies, which began bidding on military contracts. The whole company seemed to spring up overnight and started winning major contracts. About the same time agencies across the country, including the Krav Maga, started hearing murmurs of a new group that was pushing its way into the underworld. It took another two years before people at the local level started putting the pieces together and realizing that Mannt Technologies wasn’t the only business that Christopher Mannt was running. Though no one could prove he was involved in the Krizman Gang, everyone knew it.

He lived up on a large private estate, on a hill just outside the city limits, where he ran his legal and illegal empires. We knew he protected his property with the technologies that he developed for the military and he had his own private guard of well trained thugs. I just hoped that we could take the place peacefully, though I doubted that would happen.

EagleOne is Syvarris...
in the WYNN KEEP...

Last edited by EagleOne; July 15th, 2008 at 10:01 AM.
Old July 19th, 2008, 10:52 AM
...Huzzah!

Re: The Carr Chronicles - Parts 1-3

Part 3:

19:00 hours came quickly and I began my briefing. Thirty-two of the thirty-six Krav Maga Agents were in that room. I divided the group into teams of four, with two teams on each of the four sides. A local SWAT team would be stationed at the command post, and about twenty local police officers set up a perimeter to make sure that no one came in to help Mr. Mannt escape. I showed everyone the aerial views of the Mannt estate. The grounds had a lot of trees and gardens. We needed all the cover we could find to make the attack as quick and clean as possible. I headed up Eagle Team and came in the East Entrance. Our objective was to take the front door and storm the house. Agent Staudt was to lead White Team and cover our rear. Agents Carter and Brown led Red and Blue Teams, and took the north side. Agents Schmidt and Poon led Green and Gold Teams and took the south side. Agents Morris and Dinion led Black and Orange Teams and took the west side. We’d be dropped off about 0.5km from the estate; we’d make our way to the gates and wait. We would all go in at 22:00 hours. I knew we’d raise fewer questions if we remained inconspicuous, so we left the uniforms behind. I instructed everyone to not fire unless fired upon. Everyone was told to bring the maximum ammunition and to wear their Reflax glasses. The Reflax glasses were a pair of high-tech glasses inlaid with a device that identified threats and gave us the warning we needed to avoid harm. Those glasses are the lifeline of the Krav Maga’s and the reason we appeared to react before the bullet was even fired. I wasn’t going to let anyone be a cowboy and go without their glasses.
We broke from the briefing and headed to the locker room to gear up and get everything set. Everyone checked their standard issue M-349, and loaded up on ammo. The M-349 is the best handgun on earth. It has a range like a rifle and the punch of a .30 cal machine gun, the trick being that it is only a 10mm shell. Even though it’s the best sidearm, I always carried one extra weapon, a sword. The sword was a gift from my father, on my graduation from the academy. It had been his grandfather’s and it had been through many wars. As my dad always said, “When you run out of bullets, you can’t beat a sword.” I had spent many years mastering the art of sword fighting, the styles of both Europe and of the Samurai. Those skills had aided me a number of times when I had spent my ammo or a gun wasn’t an option. I also told everyone to grab an EMP grenade, Mannt Tech was especially skilled at robots, so I figured it couldn’t hurt. The EMP grenades were small black cylinders about the size of a 12 ounce soda can and weighed about 1 pound. Their range was limited, and they were usually used to knock out communications. Everyone had their gear so we loaded up the vans and headed out for the Mannt house. We’d be there in about twenty minutes and then it would be go time.

EagleOne is Syvarris...
in the WYNN KEEP...
Old July 19th, 2008, 11:13 AM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Carr Chronicles - Parts 1-3

I like it. I think I can see where it's going, but it's still good.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction