Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 31st, 2007, 11:38 PM

daevablacc has disabled reputation
"The 300" July 21st Skirmish Tourney in Tulsa, OK

Match wits against other Heroscapers in quick and brutal skirmishes to become tournament champion!

I am announcing a tournament that is coming up this summer. Here are the details that have been determined so far:

Date: July 21, 2007.

Time: Doors open at 1pm, tournament starts at 2pm and lasts until 10pm at latest.

Where:
Wesley Foundation at the University of Tulsa (in the basement)
3019 East 5th Street
Tulsa, OK 74104
(Mapquest is our friend)

Requirments: One 300 point army per player. No customs. Repaints to represent EOV, Nerak or Sir Hawthorn are allowed if the figures are identical to those repainted by Hasbro.

Fee: Free.

Prizes: Bragging rights and HS related prizes.

Format: A pool stage followed by a bracket tournament (that will include complete consolation matches) Victory conditions for battles will be the player with units still on the map (so hope the AE drop in time).

Tournament map:

Please Bring: Your 300 point army, a set of Heroscape dice, wound markers, any specialty markers required by the units in your 300 point army (i.e. the Airborne Elite grenade marker, etc), and if possible an attack glyph & enough terrain to build one of the tournament maps.

Volunteers (post here to volunteer):
Judges: Anyone who knows the rules well enough to be a judge. That way there will be someone besides just me to judge so at least someone objective can rule in the games I am in.
Set up/Clean up: Anyone who would be willing to help w/ either would be welcome to do so.

How to register: Post in this thread and indicate if you will be able to bring 1 or more map's worth of terrain (w/ an attack glyph for each). Each map will take 1 Master Set (actually less) to build.

List of Combatants so far:
01: daevablacc - 1 Maps
02: Nassus - 1 Maps
03: m elite - ? Maps
04: razor003 - ? Maps
05: aslanu2 - 0 Maps
06: Su-Bak-Na - 0 Maps

"X Maps" indicates the combatant is bringing material to build X maps.

This will be updated as more details are confirmed. 300 point games typicly take about 30 mins to play so this format will allow for lots of games to be played by all.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 01:08 PM

Updates made:

Victory conditions for battles in the 1-on-1 tournament will be the player with units still on the map (so hope the AE drop in time)

The 300 point army fielded by a player in the 1-on-1 tournament must be the same army they field in the free-for-all.

The map used will probably have an 11x14 space neutral zone w/ 2x14 space deployment zones. Two mirrored horeshoe-shaped water zones will block straight access to an attack glyph in the dead center of the map (7 moves will be necessary for a non-flyer to reach the glyph from the deployment zone). Two hills will provide the map's only elevation on either side of the map in between the two deployment zones. The hills will have peaks of only 4 elevation over the rest of the map and will have 3 tiers. A photo of the final map will be posted here once it is finalized.
Old April 4th, 2007, 09:45 AM

Updates made:

Probable date switched: from July 28, 2007 to July 21, 2007

Location added: The University of Tulsa Wesley Foundation (in the basement)
3019 East 5th Street
Tulsa, OK 74104
(Mapquest is our friend)

Fee changed from: Probably $5 to cover prizes (though if enough people want to we might just make it free w/ only donated prizes) To: Probably free so maybe prizes, maybe not...

Added: Please Bring: Your 300 point army, a set of Heroscape dice, wound markers, any specialty markers required by the units in your 300 point army (i.e. the Airborne Elite grenade marker, etc).

Volunteers (post here to volunteer): Judges: Anyone who knows the rule well enough to be a judge. That way there will be someone besides just me to judge so at least someone objective can rule in the games I am in. Terrain: Anyone who can bring one or more Master Sets or enough terrain to build one or more of the tournament map & attack glyphs would be greatly appreciated. Set up/Clean up: Anyone who would be willing to help w/ either would be welcome to do so.
Old April 5th, 2007, 10:53 AM

Updates made:

Date set to July 21st

No customs allowed in armies

Fee set to free

Prizes are bragging rights at least

List of combatants added
Old April 6th, 2007, 02:17 PM

Added: Repaints to represent EOV, Nerak or Sir Hawthorn are allowed if the figures are identical to those repainted by Hasbro.

Added: How to register
Old April 7th, 2007, 12:36 AM

Removed from event:

free-for-all and all associated info.[/b]
Old April 7th, 2007, 12:36 AM

Removed from event:

free-for-all and all associated info.
Old April 7th, 2007, 08:09 PM

Time set: Doors open at 1pm, tournament starts at 2pm and lasts until 10pm
Old April 8th, 2007, 01:05 AM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
Well, since I'm missing all the normal get togethers I think I'll come to this one. If I do, I won't be able to bring map pieces. Go ahead and add me to the list!!!

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old April 8th, 2007, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-Bak-Na
Well, since I'm missing all the normal get togethers I think I'll come to this one. If I do, I won't be able to bring map pieces. Go ahead and add me to the list!!!
Done!
Old April 8th, 2007, 09:51 PM

Map has been added so you can start practicing!
Old May 1st, 2007, 02:38 PM

There are two others who are possible participants for the tourney, but they don't know yet if they will be in town.

Only 2 1/2 months til the tourney!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events