Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 29th, 2018, 12:47 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Man-Thing (Breathing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Like I inferred earlier, Vegetative Muck needs to be split into two powers.
Johnny and I already addressed this. I’m currently trying to figure out what the best course of action is. The LEA bit can be combined with Emotional Provocation pretty naturally as it’s already addressing LEAs and is part of the same theme. The issue is the defensive bit as-is would be a re-use or Blob’s power so it would need modified to be its own power.
Old June 29th, 2018, 12:51 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Actually Blob is against normal attacks and Man-Thing is all attacks.
Though it would be cool to add extra in to keep that mechanic a little more open.
Old June 29th, 2018, 12:53 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Should there be a Fearless immunity to Emotional Provocation? His shtick is "Whoever knows fear burns at the touch of the Man-Thing" (paraphrase from memory), after all.
Old June 29th, 2018, 12:59 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Hmm... is that just a badass boast or literal? Has he ever fought Daredevil? If it's leteral, then that sounds awesome!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 29th, 2018, 01:29 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

The acid secretion is enough for me to justify the LEAs thematically. Normal attacks vs. all attacks could be enough to differentiate it from Blob's power, but moving around some of the abilities on the card might not be bad for rearranging.

In terms of factions and using the X, there are many instances where multiple characters within a faction have uses for the X, so it wouldn't be uncharted territory. Also, I'm not sure what, who, or when, but I would like to design a unit that allows you to have multiple X Order Markers at some point.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 29th, 2018, 01:46 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Loki.
Old June 29th, 2018, 01:49 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think I would just add something to the double shields power, but then let SA's be a counter to the double shields. Many of the SA's we have would have thematic justification for being more harmful than normal sword/punch attacks. Fire based attacks for one would be significant, mental attacks is another area that the muck shouldn't have any additional ability to block. Plus most SA's are only rolling 3 or 4 die anyway so his 5/6 base defense is still going to be pretty good. Maybe an auto-shield vs. SA's and double shields vs. normal attacks? The auto-shield doesn't really make sense vs. mental attacks but it would be justifiable vs. fire, machine guns, missiles, etc.

I don't really like the idea of a bunch of civilians surrounding him being the go to counter move. I'd like to increase the acid protection to a straight 1W, so you know you are taking 1W for the 50/50 chance of doing a W back. That should prove as an effective deterrence for surrounding him with 1 life squad figures as you know you are losing your figure for that 50/50 chance but a multi-life hero (especially one that can be healed) could take the damage in exchange for the chance at doing 1W in return.
Old June 29th, 2018, 02:07 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Not against a split approach on special vs normal attacks, but I don’t think logic is much of a concern for me in regards to it making 100% sense. Cap’s shield works for all attacks, including mental stuff. Superman’s defense fails to work on shotgun special attacks etc. So it’s been pretty inconsistent on both sides.
Old June 29th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

How about something like all blanks count as two additional shields vs. normal attacks? Make it a bit different.
Logic has been pretty inconsistent when it comes to SAs, though I do like the idea of trying to play up their ability to act as a counter more in cases where it wouldn't cripple the character to have that weakness. It also helps Dredd out a bit to have those sorts of things to counter.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 29th, 2018, 03:41 PM

So the proposed changes thus far:
Quote:
LIFE = 5

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ~280

EMOTIONAL PROVOCATION
After Man-Thing or any figure within 5 spaces of Man-Thing rolls defense dice, you must move Man-Thing as close to the attacking figure as possible. If you end this move adjacent to the attacking figure, you may roll an unblockable attack die against the attacking figure. When moving with Emotional Provocation, Man-Thing will take any leaving engagement attacks. If a figure makes a leaving engagement attack against Man-Thing, you may roll an unblockable attack die against that figure.

PLANT VITALITY
Man-Thing rolls 1 additional attack and defense die while on a grass, swamp, or swamp water space. Once per round, after taking a turn with Man-Thing, if he is adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or a Jungle Piece, or on a grass, swamp, or swamp water space, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to remove a Wound Marker from this card.

VEGETATIVE MUCK
When defending against a normal attack, each blank rolled counts as 2 additional shields.

SUPERSTRENGTH
I'd say if we're making his defense bonus only against normal attacks, he'll either need a better healing, better defense, or better life, because there's a lot of good special attacks out there that will rip right through him. That added on with the constant leaving engagements he'll be taking, he won't seem like much of a tank like he should.
Old June 29th, 2018, 04:09 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I think that defense nerf went too far. This is what I thought we were talking about.

VEGETATIVE MUCK
When defending against a normal attack, each shield rolled counts for one additional block. When defending against a special attack, each blank rolled counts as 2 additional shields.
Old June 29th, 2018, 04:13 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Yeah, I think that defense nerf went too far. This is what I thought we were talking about.

VEGETATIVE MUCK
When defending against a normal attack, each shield rolled counts for one additional block. When defending against a special attack, each blank rolled counts as 2 additional shields.
Feels a bit disjointed. What about:

VEGETATIVE MUCK
When defending against an attack, each blank rolled counts as an additional shield, or two additional shields against a normal attack.

...and then bump his Life a bit.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library