Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old December 19th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
500 pt. Einar VS. Vydar/Jandar. Who wins?

So in the same vain as the predict the victor, I'd like to submit my own battle report, and have you guys guess at who won. I'll post results in a few days.

PLAYER: Aerindane
ARMY: Blastatrons x3
Gladiatrons x3
Raelin (rotv)

PLAYER: Clancampbell
ARMY: Kato Katsuro
Ashigaru Harq. x2
Ashigaru Yari x2
Kosuke Samurai

So who wins?

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old December 19th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 500 pt. Einar VS. Vydar/Jandar. Who wins?

hard to say without seeing the map, but I'll bet on the Aerindane's army.
Old December 19th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh yeah, the map is Mole Hills, from the BOV.

Old December 19th, 2008, 11:16 PM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
hard to say without seeing the map, but I'll bet on the Aerindane's army.
totally!

Boise ID Scaper
Old December 19th, 2008, 11:18 PM

pti8 is surprisingly tart

Easily Aerindane's army.
Old December 19th, 2008, 11:30 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

Sorry, I want to love Kato and his ashigaru, but they never love anyone back. The gladiatrons are too powerful....although I have killed them with six sets of stingers. Aren't you the one with the 400 point tourny? I would take those bad boys if I were you.

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old December 20th, 2008, 01:25 PM

Blazemane has disabled reputation

Aerindane.

I've actually never played with that combination, but I've heard about its effectiveness so often that I'm going with it.

Look, I'm sorry, but if you don't have the commom sense to be afraid of the Marro Warriors, someone's gonna have to teach you a lesson in humility, and it's probably going to be them who do it.
Old December 20th, 2008, 01:35 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

First instinct is that the Glads/Blasts win easily, but since I've not played with either of you I don't have a feel for how good you'll be at handling your respective armies.

Hmmm... As good as they are (the Glads/Blasts are one of the best armies that can be played), there is a bit of a learning curve, it's not always automatic. I also like the underdog, or at least who I perceive as being so.

That said, I'm going with Kato and Co.

-insert signature here-
Old December 20th, 2008, 02:40 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Go Kato!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old December 20th, 2008, 04:14 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's not enough Harq to to damage IMO. The glads can tie up the Yari pretty easily. It's going to take high ground, WTF, and good dice rolls. That said, I'm rooting for Kato's army, because the Ashigaru are some of my favorite sculpts.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 09:18 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

Ok so as promised, hear comes the battle report.

I started out by setting up the yari in a defensive line to protect the harqs, meanwhile I move the harqs to height. Aerindane, moves the glads and blasts towards my lines. More moving and positioning for the next few turns. As Aerindane's forces move closer, I try to get the jump on him and charge out with the Kosuke, a bad move. Even though all three samurai take out a borg, they are surrounded and shot down on the next turn. Aerindane must of sensed that I was waiting for him to come to me, which I was, because he then parked the blasts outside of my range and started taking potshots, dropping 2 harqs. I had no choice but to move the harqs, it cost me WTF but I had no choice. The blasts superior range, coupled with the ashi's low defence, forced me into a bad spot, and cost me the game. However, the mighty Kato took out 5 of the borgs, before being droped himself.

So, in the end, Aerindane scores the victory.

A Kato army is good, however against someone with better range, they fall like dominos.

Old December 22nd, 2008, 10:18 AM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart

predictable... good try though-trons are always hard to take down.

Boise ID Scaper

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports