Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old July 25th, 2006, 01:42 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Unbelievable Game in D/FW

I have a story to tell. Now, some of you are going to find it outrageous since it’s the same sort of unbelievable story that I had to tell you all about my Shotgun Sullivan shotgun blast that took out 6 figures with 2 skulls from low ground. I’m thankful that I had such great witnesses see it or I might have even written this one off to a dream or being in a drunken stupor.

Last night I caught a couple of pick up games with Gbob, UPC, and Rÿchean. We met over at UPC’s temporary bachelor pad. UPC was very gracious to have us out, since Gbob and I could not make the formal event this past Saturday. We played a couple of 2 on 2 team games on UPC’s big cool map from Saturday. We found this map to be challenging and at times difficult to traverse, which made it all that much more fun!

So in game one, I was teamed w/UPC and played my Orc Army (Nerak, Krug, 1x Swog, 2x Arrow Gruts, 3x Blade Gruts). There were many customs on the board, so I couldn’t begin to name them all. UPC and I were soundly defeated by Gbob and Rÿchean.

I should stop here and say that I’ve never beaten Gbob, I’ve never played UPC (I’m skeert), and I’ve only beaten Ry a few times. Traditionally, any team I play on loses (which is why UPC lost, I was on his team). Then game two happened…

I played an army that I’m considering using in the NGS Tourney at GC (NGS, Finn, Thorgim, KM, and MW). This time Gbob was on my team (poor guy ). He had his Agent Bale and Reflective Monks along w/2 squads of official Monks and a squad of Gorillanators. UPC took the AE, 2 or 3 knight squads, and Sir Dendrick. Ry had Q9, Drake, and some others that I don’t recall. On his first move, UPC dropped the AE and grenade lobbed. He took out all the Gorillanators and 2 official Monks. Very devastating to our team! My KM were not performing well, the MW were actually outperforming them. NGS sat at the back. Finn died and went to NGS’s card. Thorgy died and went to NGS’s card.

Near the end, all of Gbob’s forces were gone, and NGS stood alone. Drake had one wound on him and I think that Q9 did, as well. The dendrick had one life left. These were the only remaining units on the board. NGS alone: not a good thing. But, I continued. So, we rolled for Initiative and I rolled a 20. Great! There went my chance to Mindshackle! Right??? Right!!!

Heh.

NGS walks up to Drake on turn 1. Mindshackle! I rolled a second natural 20 in a row! UPC attacks NGS w/Dendrick, no effect. Ry’s turn 1 and 2 were on Drake! NGS moves up on Dendrick Mindshackle! I rolled a third natural 20 in a row! Instant re-inforcements, baby!

So NGS moves up on Q9. No Mindshackle, Q9 takes some hits (NGS had height + Finn). Q9 moves and takes height on turn 3. He takes a shot at NGS, NGS moves down to one life left. Q9 ends the turn on lava and takes 1 more damage point.

New round: Drake moves up on Q9 and attacks from him from height. Q9 takes a couple more hits. Q9 swings on NGS 3 times from height, no effect all defended. NGS doesn’t Mindshackle, but swings on Q9.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Q9 goes down. Dead! Over! Ended!

Heh.

I was sleepy (it was after midnight), but that game’s turn of events woke me up big time! What was bad was that Ry drove Gbob and I out to UPC’s. So he got to hear about it all the way home! I wasn’t trying to be obnoxious, but that was some luck!

Thanks again to UPC for having us over. Thanks to Ry for the ride. Thanks to Gbob for being Gbob. Thanks to me, we have another seemingly implausible battle report to discuss!
Old July 25th, 2006, 01:49 PM

HokshilaTo Woo who?
That was Awsome! I've never rolled a 20 to begin with, and have only seen it rolled 2 or 3 times by others.
Old July 25th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
You forgot to mention my bulletproof monk who killed Mcreech ANd that other custom Hero of Rÿchean's single handedly!!! Yah I have never seen anything like it!! The NGS slept through the whole game and then rolled up his sleeves and came out to mop everything up at the end!!
Old July 25th, 2006, 02:45 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Awesome battle report. Its always so incredible to see a mindshackle work, let alone two in a row.

The title of this thread is a little...funny...though.
Old July 25th, 2006, 03:08 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Edited the title. Perv.
Old July 25th, 2006, 03:11 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Old July 25th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
This kind of thing is exactly why you won't catch me playing in the Mindshackle tourney. Luck like this frustrates me to no end. Of course, almost any time this kind of luck is so prevalent I get irritated. When funrun and I were playing Rod and Rÿchean, I rolled four attacks in a row, with 0 skulls total out of 10 dice. And then, rolling three defense rolls in a row with Minions, I got 1 shield out of 21 dice.

That's so incredibly frustrating. It's great when it goes my way, of course, but then it sort of steals some of the glory. It's no fun to claim a win when the dice beat my opponent without my help.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old July 25th, 2006, 04:50 PM
ATF Agent

To be honest, I was happy to get the win. Not for braggin' rights, UPC is still the better strategist. But dam did I have a cool story to tell. :P
Old July 25th, 2006, 05:51 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I recently frenzied 8 times in a row with the Aubriens (boosted by Venoc Warlord). But even less likely was that I managed to kill NOTHING except one enemy Knight in all that frenzying.
Old July 25th, 2006, 09:06 PM

feekonea has disabled reputation
Infinity max- ya that kinda thing happened to me once, try rolling 0 shields with 7 defense dice, 8 times in a row. (i had a charos raelin combo).

jcb-I cant beat that haha

Ninthdoc- I suppose your having that army @ the tourny huh? haha I hope your bringing that luck along with that army.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old July 25th, 2006, 09:14 PM

feekonea has disabled reputation
Infinity max- ya that kinda thing happened to me once, try rolling 0 shields with 7 defense dice, 8 times in a row. (i had a charos raelin combo).

Ninthdoc- I suppose your having that army @ the tourny huh? haha I hope your bringing that luck along with that army.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old July 25th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by feekonea

He said something about not washing his dice rolling hand until Gencon and he plans on wearing the same outfit as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports