Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 5th, 2006, 07:49 AM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
I have subjected a Sir Denrick figure to a huge amount of pain - slicing him up, reattaching limbs, repainting, etc etc, and have come up with a card with some special abilities. I present... St George. He is Einar, because Einar seems to be the only force that doesnt have any Dragons - hence Einar wanted to draft St George as a useful ally. (For those that dont know, St George is a figure from English legend that slew a huge dragon)Full bio to come soon, as will pictures of the custom figure. At the moment, would like any comments on the card and suggestions for improvement. Especially would like an idea for points please!

Old October 5th, 2006, 08:17 AM

Shadow has disabled reputation
WOW great specials, the points need to be big:

about 200?

i cant wait to see the figure though....

"Man is immortal; therefore he must die endlessly. For life is a creative idea; it can only find itself in changing forms"
-Rabindranath Tagore
Old October 5th, 2006, 08:24 AM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
200? Nah. He's a great Dragon slayer; so only 2 of his specials are used when a Dragon is on an opponents side; AND they let that dragon get close to George. I think those skills are worth 10 points each, maybe 15. So, total him up at about 100 for his stats, life, and nice whirlwind attack - assuming he is as targetable as Denrick (no huge shield or anything), id reckon 100 - 120 points is the region to consider for this bloke.

Anyway, a very nice custom, rob. I like his specific nature - a little more interesting than Denrick, I think. Maybe im biased because Einar is my man, and aything in those colours will get my vote

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old October 5th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Don't know much about the history here. When did St George receive sainthood? If he was snatched out of time by the Valkyrie he might be just Sir George.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 5th, 2006, 08:31 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Looking good Rob!
But surely The big J-man should have gotten Georgy! For he is the true ... Jandars Hope!!!
Old October 5th, 2006, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
great card . specials a bit high, may need lowering or balancing with high points value.
yep - the whole point is to keep the specials high as far as his dealings with dragons go. the last special just gives him something useful against other units, because in theory if you have St George running towards your dragons, you would either a) move your dragons out of the way or b) move more of your own units between St George and your dragon. If there are no dragons on the board, he would still be a fairly formidable unit to draft - like Sir Denrick on steroids

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrungeBob
Don't know much about the history here. When did St George receive sainthood? If he was snatched out of time by the Valkyrie he might be just Sir George.
St George was drafted by Einar after slaying the Dragon and getting sainthood. I am going to have to "fiddle" with the legend slightly when I do the bio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euryon
200? Nah. He's a great Dragon slayer; so only 2 of his specials are used when a Dragon is on an opponents side; AND they let that dragon get close to George. I think those skills are worth 10 points each, maybe 15. So, total him up at about 100 for his stats, life, and nice whirlwind attack - assuming he is as targetable as Denrick (no huge shield or anything), id reckon 100 - 120 points is the region to consider for this bloke.
Anyway, a very nice custom, rob. I like his specific nature - a little more interesting than Denrick, I think. Maybe im biased because Einar is my man, and aything in those colours will get my vote
Thanks for the positive comments, Euryon. It made sense to me to make him Einar, as all of the other Generals have dragons.
Old October 5th, 2006, 08:43 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
I tend to side with Euryon here. I was thinking 100 points (especially if his defense was notched down to 4 - that would be inline with the stats for 100 point unique heros, but 5 isn't egregiously high).

He's more effective than Sir Denrick at battling dragons, but less effective in general against huge figures. Coward's Reward and Hero's Swordplay sorta offset one another, maybe a lean towards George there - 100 seems about right.

I haven't gotten around to setting the stats and abilities for the D&D figure "Dragonborn Fighter", but I was thinking thematically as you are, and am interested to see how this guy turns out.

Nice start, can't wait to see the figure.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old October 5th, 2006, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddrew
Nice start, can't wait to see the figure.
Thanks Toddrew. The figure is currently standing behind me, looking yearnfully towards my PC, trying to will me to take his picture....
Old October 5th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
George of Cappadocia That is what he was called before he was decapitated and later called a saint. At least that is the legend I dug up on the net. Not much time to research here.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 5th, 2006, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
George of Cappadocia That is what he was called before he was decapitated and later called a saint. At least that is the legend I dug up on the net. Not much time to research here.
That is the part of the bio I will need to fiddle with - cant have him being decapitated *before* being made a Saint. something along the lines of him being whisked away by Einar whilst he was incarcarated, then someone being beheaded in his place so the authorities didnt lose face and have to say he escaped. Whilst in Valhalla, he would always have been known as Saint George.
Old October 5th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The St. George card is looking great! Can't wait to see the fig.

Some wording changes for the third ability:

Heroic Swordplay
St. George may attack any or all figures adjacent to him. Roll each attack separately.

It's just a direct wording from the Monk's ability but changed the name of the unit.

110 to 120 points is a good starting point. He does have a great offensive ability versus all adjacent attackers but his other abilities are limited. He makes a perfect counterdraft when an opponent is dragon drafting but he still has uses even when not facing dragons.

Newb.
Old October 5th, 2006, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
The St. George card is looking great! Can't wait to see the fig.

Some wording changes for the third ability:

Heroic Swordplay
St. George may attack any or all figures adjacent to him. Roll each attack separately.

It's just a direct wording from the Monk's ability but changed the name of the unit.

110 to 120 points is a good starting point. He does have a great offensive ability versus all adjacent attackers but his other abilities are limited. He makes a perfect counterdraft when an opponent is dragon drafting but he still has uses even when not facing dragons.

Newb.
Thanks Newb. I have altered the card now to include a cost, and changed the wording for Heroes Swordplay as you suggested. Changed Heroes Swordplay to Heroic Swordplay as well - sounds much better

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards