Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old July 21st, 2009, 02:56 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Unbelievable Wins and Losses

Many Heroscapers have experienced these situations, or see them happen. The impossible happens -- you score a final win with your Marcu against 10 figures. Or, your Braxas is destroyed by Deadeye Dan just before you was going to use Poisonous Acid Breath on him.

While these cases, may not happen to everyone, certain unimagable triumpths and gut-wrenching losses happen to us. That is Heroscape.

So, why not hear about these unbelievable wins and losses? We all like to here a close call, and symphasive a overwhelming loss. Here, you can post these wins and losses, tell us how it happened, and help other Heroscapers through the situations, in case they run into similar ones.

MegaSilver

Last edited by MegaSilver; August 5th, 2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old July 21st, 2009, 03:36 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Unbelievable Wins and Losses

Well, one event that happened to me was that I was playing a Samurai army against my brother.

I had:
Kato Katsuro
Riflemen x2
Spearmen x2
Kozuki Samurai

He had:
Minutemen x2
Ashra x1
Deathwalker 9000
Syvarris
Krav Magna Agents
Microcorp x1

He swamped my army on this low lying battlefield, that had a river that flooded with a d20 of 14 or higher. I had play tested my army earlier, and they were decimating.

But when I battled my brother, he done that to me. His D9 wiped out a lot of my figures before they could forge to river. The biggest win for me was that my Spearmen took out his Krav Magna in one turn, but backfired when he used D9 to destroy three. My Rilfemen took out the Microcorp after some heavy losses. That was the only figures he lost, until Kato was left.

Kato forged the river during a dry spell, and did a dance with D9 and Syvarris. He managed to take them both out, but with 2 wounds recieved. Kato then went to take out the 2x 4th and 1x Ashra, who will still left in the starting zone. He managed to take out 2 4th and an Ashra before he fell to the Ashra himself. My brother never even used his 4th.

I was shocked at the loss, and my brother was joyous with his first win in a very long time. But I wasn't upset or anything, for if my brother was happy at a win, then that meant he would still play. I did have a good battle, even though I lost.

MegaSilver

Last edited by MegaSilver; July 21st, 2009 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Typos
Old July 21st, 2009, 05:04 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Simple.
Undead army against Samurai and the little ninja that could.

I was up against the entire vampire clan and a bunch of zombies, With the various Samurai figures. After two rounds I was down to 2 Tag samurai, and Isamu, and had only killed the retchs. It looked bleak. My Samurai however mowed down the zombies, Marcu and Irska. Then Cyp took them both out. It looked Bleak one ninja agaist a couple of Happily married full health Vampires.

Cyp thought he could finish it fast. He thought wrong. Vanishing at every attack Isamu made his way to the attack +1 glyph. That ninja kept dogding until it was all over. Sonya's heart broken she welcomed the Ninja's blade.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 21st, 2009, 05:32 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ontanashi (Sp?) dealing 4 wounds in two turns to the Hulk and killing him.

My wife actually cursed in front of our son when the most useless 10 pointer brought down the most expensive unit in the game.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 21st, 2009, 05:37 PM

Lucas the beast is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

In a castle scenario I was sitting pretty happy on Major Q10 with one wound and 2x Stingers. My opponent had only a lone Zettian Guard he moved him way back into his original starting zone. He lured me out of the castle, I sent out both my squads of Stingers, before my Stingers could get in to range of the Zettian he had already shot down a full squad of Stingers. (My friend kept getting 2+ skulls with a height advantage. Eventually I closed in getting off a few shot but the eight defense (7+height is extremely hard to penetrate with 3-4 attack. So he ended up blocking all my attacks and for the next three turns he decimated my remaining Stingers.
So now it it was down to Major Q10 with one wound and the lone Zettian. I sent out my Major to hunt down the Zettian. Major Q10 get first strike and uses his wrist rocket special, both attacks of four got blocked easily by the Zettian's 8 defense. The Zettian strikes back and rolls two skulls, Major Q10... 0 shields. Major Q10 now has 3 wounds. The next round I win initiative and I move up to the same level of elevation as the Zettian. I use my Wrist Rocket attack. First roll 2 skulls... blocked, second roll 3 skulls, Zettian... two shields. I finally won, but with a lot of casualties.

It may not of been a n unbelievable win or loss but definitely one of the most successful Zettian performances ever and one fantastic finish.
Old July 21st, 2009, 06:13 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

kpk19, a friend of ours, and I were scaping last night.

kpk19-
dividers x3
TBR
Q10
Guilty McCreech
40 points of something else

friend- steamroller

Friend takes out both the overlord and the major in the first round, and the dividers pulled an extremely lucky win out of the hat.
Old July 21st, 2009, 06:17 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was playing Rodriquez and I had a full-life Major Q10, 2 wounds Silver Surfer, and Isamu left.

Rodriquez had Isamu left. That was it.

And Rod won.

That little red bast-, well, that little red ninja owned the day.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old July 21st, 2009, 06:22 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Maybe we are all reading Isamu's card wrong... Ya that must be it there is a hidden zero in the points.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 21st, 2009, 07:07 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wasn't a victory, but this was crazy. Me and my friend were playing a huge game, and his Krug had pushed through the center river, and was going to make it in to my main base, where he would make a large dent in my forces. But I had a key to stop him. I had located a nagrub on a bridge 25 levels above the water. It becomes the Nagrubs turn, and he jumps down into the water next to Krug, from 25 levels, ands proceeds to finish him off! My friend could not beleive that a nagrub pulled that off, but it happened.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old July 21st, 2009, 07:23 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Ah, I remember it well.

I was playing my friend, and the game had really gone his way during the last half. All of our units were more or less in the thick of combat in the middle of the board.

By the end of his 3rd turn in the second-to-last round, he had Guilty and Carr, full health, a full squad of 4rth Mass, and 2 Krav Maga. My wolf army had been reduced to just one set of Anubians. I mean this is *bleak*.

I take my 3rd turn. 19. A flurry of ferocious attacks decimate the 4rth mass. down to 1 guy.

Next round I get initiative. First turn. 20. Two wolves attack Carr, who has height and a defense glyph in his possession, but back to back rolls of 6 skulls destroyed him. The 3rd wolf kills one of the Krav Maga (stealth dodge doesn't like 9 dice in melee, heh).

He loses a turn due to Carr being gone.

My second turn. 19. Remaining Krav and Mass. get wiped out.

On his second turn, Guilty moves in but needs both of his attacks to kill just one wolf.

On my last turn, I only roll a 12 or something, the 4 attack total--but 2 attacks of 4 is enough to bring guilty down.
Old July 21st, 2009, 07:30 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

I was playing a game against my brother earlier, and I had 2 squad members of the MRT, Brave Arrow, Sonlen, and a Fyorlag Spider on the move glyph. He had NGS and 2 dwarves left. His dwarves were extremely lucky, and knocked out Brave Arrow and the rest of the MRT before they could do anything. Luckily, Sonlen saved the day by finishing off the two dwarves and Ne-Gok-Sa, but he only had 1 life left. My brother almost mind-shackled him, too.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old July 21st, 2009, 07:33 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, Syvarris single-handedly took out my entire 500 point army once. He was the only unit that ever attacked, and Theracus was the only other unit that ever moved, and then only once. No one could get close enough to kill him before he sniped them, including Jotun and several squads.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles