Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old August 30th, 2007, 03:38 PM

sodtiwaz is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
marvel vs hero

Tonight lilnewbie and a few of his friends (me included) are getting together to play a marvelscape battle with 700 point armies. I'm not sure how many of the 700 points will be devoted to marvel or if he simply put the point total at 700 to allow use of marvel. Unfortunately for me I don't have marvelscape and I'm curious how well a heroscape army will do against them. I've seen the cards for most or all of the marvel characters and most have 6's across the board whereas my heroscape figures typically have 2's and 3's with an occasional number higher. The question is will I be able to hold my own or should I just run cappy and hulk with say the support of my heroscape figs. I built 3 armies but couldn't really decide which one I liked and figured I'd look at the maps and go from there.

One army is samurai which if they all use marvel seems like it will be useless as they all have special attacks this however is my smallest army. One army is an orc army and is essentially just a hoard attack. The last is 4th mass, knights etc.

Should I stop thinking hoard and just invest in a few high point figs to try to stand toe to toe? OR should I get marvels and fill in the blanks with heros?
Old August 30th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
personally, 700 points of Heroscape, would slaughter 700 point of marvel head on. Go with squads and lots of them. They dont' stand a chance. Really annoy them with loads of rats and Drones. Actually 14 squads of Drones would be sufficent and fun to play. If it's a battle royal, you'll have no problems killing everyone at once.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old August 30th, 2007, 03:57 PM

Chuckrock knows what's in an order marker Chuckrock knows what's in an order marker
Yep, I'd have to agree. The only challenge is high defense and high attack, but squads will beat them down. Also abilities that take away defense rolls. That'll really mess up a hero.
Old August 30th, 2007, 05:03 PM

Sounds awesome, I was just afraid of things like spidermans web attack thing that outright slaughters 1 defense squads and will kill most 2 def as well. The first army i built had ~40 figures vs what I figure will be 2-10 or so if they use multiple marvel figures. I was just concerned that they'd walk all over me...seeing as the consensus is I'll have the upper hand I'll stick with my original army.

Thanks guys
Old August 30th, 2007, 05:48 PM

Levi Woo who?
The more dice you roll, the more chances you have tol roll skulls.

Squads v. Heroes has been a classic contest in HS. The Heroes have made some ground in recent sets, but the Squads are still king.

Now if I was selling a tabletop miniatures battle game, I'd sure as heck make it work that way too. Squads good = more boxes of squads sold.

$$$$$
Old August 30th, 2007, 05:56 PM

Good to know since all of my armies carried at least 21 units (by far the smallest which was the samurai army with Charos I thought the counterstrike would be fun in an all disciplined sacred band/samurai army) the other 4 armies had 27-36 figures.

I've got a few options on which one would you take?

Krug
Raelin
4 Marro Drones
5 Arrow Gruts
4 Swog Rider

Krug
Raelin
Marro Warriors
9 Marro Drones

Krug
Marro Warriors
5 Marro Drones
4 zombies
1 Deathreavers (fillers could use Arrow gruts but they seem weak without the swog)

Any thoughts?
Old August 30th, 2007, 06:46 PM

Levi Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodtiwaz
Krug
Marro Warriors
5 Marro Drones
4 zombies
1 Deathreavers (fillers could use Arrow gruts but they seem weak without the swog)

Any thoughts?
Option #3 is my vote
Old August 30th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Don't forget about gladiatrons and blastatrons. All superheroes are subject to the Claw.
Old August 31st, 2007, 01:15 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
7 squads of Shades would probably do the trick, too.
Old August 31st, 2007, 01:25 PM

Levi Woo who?
Can't wait to hear how it went.
Old August 31st, 2007, 07:34 PM

my final army:

1 Krug
6 Marro Drones
3 Zombies
1 Marro Warriors

and now I realize why i lost....I'm at 650 points not 700...lol I should have had 1 more set of drones...oops.

game 1 opponent

Hulk
Kelda
Finn
Thorgrim
Eldgrim
Tarn Viking Warriors

I knew immediately what the guy was planning on going and therefore tried to flank around to get to Kelda. Unfortunately I couldn't get to her quick enough and she ended up healing a hulk who had 6 wounds on him. I also mismanaged my turn markers which led to me not getting optimal use out of Krug. However for a majority of the game I was in the point lead with something like 227.5 of his points off the board while I'd only lost 2 squads of Drones. The game was called just as he killed Krug which probably put me at about 220-270 points down. In my eyes I'd lost this game but he for whatever reason gave it to me.

Game 2

Izumi Samurai
Ninja of the Northwind
Hatamoto Taro
2 Tagawa Samurai Archers
Kaemon Awa
2 Ashigaru Harquebus
Guilty McCreech

This game was a blast. Near the end of the game all the uniques were gone all that remained was 1 lone Izumi and 3 Ashigaru Harquebus figures vs 2 zombies, 3 drones and 1 Marro Warrior. The warrior died first when I decided him standing next to the samurai was a bad idea and I tried to flee so i could get higher ground and attack the Izumi...unfortunately he died on the run away trip. The ultimate plan was to outrun his samurai and respawn warriors each turn if possible. Instead he died. The zombies rushed in with their 6 moves and bashed some skulls with the Harquebus's but ultimately lost do to **** poor rolling on my part and good rolling on my opponents. This left 3 drones vs 3 Ashigaru so I went ahead and conceded the game.

Looking back having the 1 extra squad of Drones might have helped but probably not, I only got to move 9 figures twice throughout both games, only moved 6 maybe 3 times. Horrible die rolls don't help the drones ability.

Next time I think I'd drop the zombies and run Major Q9 instead and of course add in my extra drone. But I'm not sure how much I like this army so we'll see.

Old September 4th, 2007, 03:25 PM

Shellshock has disabled reputation
In high point games, Marvel pieces will not win you the game

In low point games though, if you have your rolls going for you a single Thanos can win a 400 point game. Worked for me

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion