Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 13th, 2020, 01:38 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Workshop

Could combo with the Sonic Cannon well, with him targeting the OM Hog and hitting some allies in the blast.
Old January 13th, 2020, 11:33 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I like that basic draft for Klaw. I'd definitely slot him in as a Criminal as he's a sort of "generic bad guy" a lot of the time. Sonic Cannon makes sense and some form of disorientation as well.
Criminal is a good idea. I'll go with that.

This was what I have in my notes so I must have worked on it again at some point. Probably after I fell in love with Vertigo.

CHARGED SONIC CANNON SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 5 + Special.
Choose 3 spaces in a straight line from Klaw. All figures on and adjacent to those 3 spaces are affected by this special attack. Klaw is not affected by this special attack. Roll 1 fewer attack die for each space Klaw moved this turn. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Symbiotes roll 1 fewer defense die against this special attack.

DISORIENTATION
When a figure you control attacks a figure that is within 6 clear sight spaces of Klaw with a normal attack, the defending figure cannot move this turn and must roll 1 fewer defense die for each blank rolled by the attacking figure. Androids and destructible objects are not affected by Disorientation.

????
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack (not by a weapon with Vibranium in the title), add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled. Klaw rolls 1 fewer attack against figures with Vibranium Armor or Vibranium Shield special Power.

The first part of the last power was just me being silly since I didn't know how to express it and anyway, I think Warpath is the only figure with a Vibranium keyed attack so probably not worth it anyway.

Quote:
I'm not sure if I'd do Klaw with high life, fairly low defense, or low life and high defense. He's super durable but also tends to get torn apart into a million pieces a lot. I'd almost consider giving him Tough or something like that - vulnerable to non-standard attacks.
See last power above.

Quote:

I'd also probably try to work in some form of... like, assassination, thieving, that sort of thing. His most iconic moment is breaking into Wakanda to steal vibranium and killing T'Challa's father. Something like this comes to mind:

SONIC ASSASSINATION 3
Figures roll 1 fewer defense die when attacked by Klaw for each Order Marker or Equipment Glyph on their Army Card, to a maximum of 3 fewer defense dice.

Very good at taking "leaders" (i.e. OM hogs) and people with goodies.
Not really digging that as I don't get the theme or mechanic being expressed. Why is he more effective on leaders? Why is Professor X rolling 0 defense against his attack and others aren't?

It's a cool power for someone but seems too much for someone like Klaw.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 14th, 2020, 10:08 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I think the theme on Sonic Assassination is just that he’s more motivated by “big targets.” We have a unit that just made it On Deck with a fairly similar premise. I’m not loving that the power doesn’t help his allies though.

Disorientation seems like a perfect re-use for him, but I know there was some concern in Top’s thread about that kind of effect stacking with multiple figures. I’m not super worried about it, but some might be.

I feel like we could do something pretty cool with “made out of sound.” What about something like high defense/life, but every time he takes damage, he takes an additional wound? Or something where if he takes a big enough attack, he just gets immediately destroyed?
Old January 14th, 2020, 08:08 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

For what it's worth the theme is that he CAN always do that, but he only WOULD if there's an opportune target - opportunistic is a good word for him. That might come through better (and be more balanced) if you were forced to choose a figure at the start of the round as his target.
Old January 14th, 2020, 08:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

It would be like he has a limited amount of power/juice, so he chooses to save his resources and only unleash his big attack on one particular foe, rather then using up his power on those he doesn't feel are as important. He's focused instead on cutting the head off of the snake so to speak, believing that if he takes out the 'leader' then the rest of the forces will fall apart and be easy to deal with. So at the start of the game he ID's the 'leader' or whoever he views as the lynchpin of the opponents forces and focuses his efforts and resources on taking that one unit down.
Old January 14th, 2020, 08:43 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I guess I just don’t see Klaw as a “target 1 dude relentlessly” type of character. We usually save those kinds of powers for your Kravens or Jonah Hexes.
Old January 25th, 2020, 03:30 AM
Just A Head

Quote:

NAME = STAR BOY
SECRET IDENTITY = THOM KALLOR

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEGIONNAIRE
PERSONALITY = TROUBLED?

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

MASS INCREASE
When an opponent’s small or medium figure moves onto or over a space within 2 spaces of Star Boy, that figure must end its move there. Figures can never move through or over any figure affected by Mass Increase.

GRAVITATIONAL CRUSH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 2. Attack X.
Roll X attack dice, where X is the defending figue’s height, to a maximum of 8 dice.
Starboy! Famous for being the one Legionnaire with a beard! He can make stuff heavier. Sometimes he can make stuff lighter too, but that's only if the writers forget there's
another Legionnaire another Legionnaire
whose power is to do that.

Not too much to say, seeing as this draft is pretty lean. I thought it could be interesting if people with the Density Control power could be immune to his powers, but don't know how I feel either way.

Not sure about personality either. Not loving roping him into the Troubled faction, but don't really know what to put him as yet.
Old January 25th, 2020, 11:24 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Confused, maybe? lol

Since it's such a lean draft, any desire to get in some synergy with Mystery Men/represent the period he spent out of time and with the JSA?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 25th, 2020, 11:57 AM
Just A Head

My initial thought was that those are different enough periods of his life to deserve two different cards. I do think we could get it all on one, but I guess having a ~4 power card seems kind of against the spirit of both factions for me?

The big thing for me would be that while he was in the JSA, he was Starman. It’s not that big of a deal, but maybe we could do alternate cards with the two different minis and names?
Old January 25th, 2020, 11:44 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I would think a single power could nod to it and work, but I do find the "two different names in the two different roles" point as a good reason not to try to do it all in one.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 26th, 2020, 03:16 AM
Just A Head

One thing that would need to be covered in a JSA version (to my understanding, I’ve really only seen that era of the character from the Legion side of things) is his costume being upgraded into a map of the entire multiverse.

I think a reasonable JSA take would look something like;
1) A gravity power. Maybe just snagging one off of the current Legion draft?
2) A multiversal map power. He can shunt people around in space/time with it, but I also think some sort of initiative boost or guidance type power would make a lot of sense. He’a a man from the future who has come back with a mysterious plan.
3) Something to tie him to the JSA, natch. Whether that should just be making his class Protege or giving him some sort of power I don’t really know. I’d have to actually...y’know, read the comics to say for sure.

I think we could theoretically fit that all in while also letting him be a Legionnaire, but it also feels like a lot of stuff. Then again, he’s not a huge character, maybe trying to capture it all in 1 take is better than just expecting a second take to come along someday.
Old January 26th, 2020, 10:04 AM

He also has amnesia during his JSA stint so his plan is largely mysterious to him as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy