Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old July 26th, 2012, 02:34 PM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker
Wellspring Scenario

My 11 year-old came up with a scenario that was kind of fun:

The map has a wellspring in the center. All cards start on the basic side. Once that figure reaches the water, it drinks from the wellspring and then is flipped to the advanced side. Until that time, no figure may use its powers (other than the life number from the advanced side).

It ended up being more fun than I thought it would be, as in some cases we were deliberating whether to have a given figure drink or not; in some cases, we wanted to preserve the higher basic attack/defense numbers, powers be damned, and so didn't bother with the wellspring.
Old July 26th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Wellspring Scenario

Be fun to be mean with Krug (8 def), and once he gets 5-6 wounds, flip him, and beat them up.

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old August 4th, 2012, 10:46 PM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

I think it would be more fun if you used everything from the basic side including the life especially because of the reason above. It is a great idea though!

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 6th, 2012, 08:20 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Would this map be a qualifying one?

Old August 6th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

That's a cool idea, I'll have to try it sometime!
Old August 6th, 2012, 08:40 PM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!

This is a very cool idea!!
Old August 7th, 2012, 03:17 AM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Would this map be a qualifying one?

Except that map is way cooler than what we used!

Ours was a rectangle bisected the short way by a river; we sealed off the ends and added a bit to the middle of the river and called it a Wellspring, so it was a little sloppy looking (my 11 year-old and six year-old sons built it).

We thought about using the basic life, too, but the idea of everyone having only one life was too much, plus it'd be a no-brainer to convert all multi-life heroes. As noted above with the Krug example, there were cases where we really had to deliberate "Do I drink or not?" With only one life, everyone would drink.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios