Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old June 27th, 2012, 07:43 AM

Iron Knight is surprisingly tart
Re: Public Design Post

If he jumps between each attack then it should be worded differently because it currently works like he teleports between each attack being placed within 2 spaces rather than moved or even adding placed within 2 clear sight spaces would make it more clear he is jumping rather than teleporting.

The sky is dark and the portal is closed, because of the wizards many worlds will never be exposed. The scapers are hopful till the light of dawn Long Live scape! The Iron Knight rides on.
Old June 27th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

You can't have clear sight on spaces.
Old June 27th, 2012, 07:46 AM

Iron Knight is surprisingly tart

True, my mistake

The sky is dark and the portal is closed, because of the wizards many worlds will never be exposed. The scapers are hopful till the light of dawn Long Live scape! The Iron Knight rides on.
Old June 27th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Knight View Post
If he jumps between each attack then it should be worded differently because it currently works like he teleports between each attack being placed within 2 spaces rather than moved or even adding placed within 2 clear sight spaces would make it more clear he is jumping rather than teleporting.
The purpose was to avoid having to put all the text referring to over water spaces, does not become engaged ect.

As for the His lack of web sling, I think I've pretty much coverd that aspect, without using that special. He can not only swing after each attack, but also every time he attacks.

As for the theme aspect - I like wisecrack quite a bit, but I'm open to sugggentions about changing it. The spider assault was made to reflect the nature of his waldoes (the legs on his back). They were made so he could look around corners, but he often uses them to attack quickly at an opponent, however they were not as powerful as spiderman normally is, hence 4, 3, 2
Old June 27th, 2012, 11:45 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I've put together a design for this figure:

NAME = BEETLE (MARK II)
SECRET IDENTITY = ABNER JENKINS
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ENGINEER
PERSONALITY = ?
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = 200?

ELECTRO-BITE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3, Attack 6
Electro-Bite Special Attack may only be used once per round. After using Electro-Bite Special Attack, for the rest of that round Beetle reduces his range to 1.

UPDATED TACTICAL ANALYSIS
Whenever an opponent attacks Beetle with a normal or special attack that results in 1 or more wounds, place a tactical analysis marker on the units card. Whenever a unit with a tactical analysis marker on their card attacks Beetle, Beetle rolls 2 additional defense die.

FLIGHT
SUPER-STRENGTH

I drew inspiration for Electro-Bite SA from this description of it in one of the databases: The Electro-Bite has sufficient power to blast a one foot diameter hole through a 3 foot thick brick wall at fifteen feet. Such a blast diverts all available power to the gloves, thus temporarily immobilizing other weaponry.

For the tactical analysis power, I considered just having him gain an auto shield but I think I like the idea of the 2 additional defense dice better due to the swing nature of it. It could give him 2 more shields or none at all. No extra shields represents a new attack pattern, 1 shield represents a predicted move based on previous attack patterns, and 2 shields would come into effect when a previously used attack pattern is used once again.

Let me know what you think of the design, regardless of if you are familiar with the character or not.

Last edited by Yodaking; July 14th, 2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

NAME = PHANTOM LADY

SECRET IDENTITY = STORMY KNIGHT

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = INVENTOR
PERSONALITY = PATRIOTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = .

TELEPORTATION BANDS
Once per round, choose an empty space within 8 clear sight spaces. You may also choose up to 2 friendly small or medium sized figures adjacent to Phantom Lady. Place Phantom Lady on the chosen space. After placing Phantom Lady, place all chosen figures on any empty space adjacent to her. A figure moved with Teleportation Bands never takes leaving engagement attacks.

RUTHLESS TELEPORTATION 10
Instead of attacking normally, you may choose an adjacent opponent's figure and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or higher, immediately place that figure on any empty space within 4 spaces of it's original placement. After placing the chosen figure roll an unblockable attack die against the chosen figure.

BLACK LIGHT RAY 12
If Phantom Lady or a friendly figure with 3 clear sight spaces of Phantom Lady is targeted for an attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, the defending figure receives no wounds and the opponent's turn immediately ends.

Last edited by Karat; March 4th, 2016 at 02:45 PM.
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:41 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Nice and simple there. Although I do not know the character, simply the title Black Light Ray makes me think Sensory Assault is appropriate, is it? Also, love the reuse of Espionage from Black Widow.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Nice and simple there. Although I do not know the character, simply the title Black Light Ray makes me think Sensory Assault is appropriate, is it? Also, love the reuse of Espionage from Black Widow.
She uses it to blind enemies making herself or others invisible.
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:46 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
NAME = PHANTOM LADY

SECRET IDENTITY = SANDRA KNIGHT

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = PATRIOTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = .

BLACK LIGHT RAY
If Phantom Lady or a friendly figure with 3 clear sight spaces of Phantom Lady is targeted for an attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. Ir you roll X or higher, the defending figure receives no wounds and the opponent's turn immediately ends.

ESPIONAGE
If you win initiative, before revealing your first Order Marker, you may immediately move Phantom Lady up to 5 spaces. When moving with Espionage, Phantom Lady can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.
Personally, I find the modern version (Stormy Knight) much more interesting, but this is a good write-up!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:51 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasgo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
I wanted a spiderman that was very different from any of the other Spider figure (Carnage, Venom ect) So I denied my design a web sling special power, he can move up elevetions using the dodge, but not normally. He is equipped with Web shooters, but he does not use them as much for swinging due to the increased weight added by the suit.

I also wanted to add another feature of Spiderman that has not been raised, his comedy. He's a hero who never shuts up, even in the thick of battle. So I looked for a similar, already created, figure, Deadpool. I just used deadpool with an army of relativity weak units and his special helped a ton, with him I was able to take down the anti-monitor while only losing 2 figures
I'm not sure I get your choices for these power. The suit didn't actually add any weight which would prevent web swinging. In fact, it was designed to allow Spider-Man to web sling normally. I can understand focusing on other powers, but I don't really see the value of replacing it with a similar but different power.

As for Wisecrack, it really doesn't feel like the right power for Spider-Man to me. Yes, he relies on humour, but he doesn't really use it to draw enemy fire the way Deadpool does.

The main question for me though, is what makes these powers about the Iron Spider suit, as opposed to just an alternate version of normal Spider-Man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Did Spiderman actually change his name to Iron Spider briefly? I don't remember him doing so, but I may be wrong. Iron Man changed his suits, but he still called himself Iron Man, hence the same name for every card.
He didn't. It was a name that was used by Marvel writers and editors to refer to the suit (and occasionally the character).
Does Spidey have increased reach with the things jutting out of his back? The mini makes it looks that way. maybe you could do something similar to Doc Oc or the Fen Hydra. Also, thanks Wasgo, definitely keep the name Spider-Man then.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not really, they weren't really made to attack. However, Spidey often used them as such. Plus, he already has a 4 range, so I see no need for a reach type special.
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:59 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

The same suit was later used by Michael, Van, and Patrick, the clones of Initiative member MVP who was like a natural Captain America (peak human) but killed in training. I believe they called themselves the Scarlet Spiders.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy