Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old June 1st, 2020, 09:49 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS 36 - Heat & Insanity - Round 3 until 6/7

I kept my playoffs hopes alive with a win over BodaciousBlood. I got to play his Raelin and Taelord and Redcoats and Marro Warriors army, which was the army I took way back at Gencon Main Event 2015, so that was fun. A little different in Heat of Battle when you get to start both Kyrie in the middle of the board. BodaciousBlood had his Wildwoods/Rats/James Murphy. BB placed Murphy towards the center of the board with his first OM and I responded by piling Redcoats in Wait then Fire range of him with the idea of just blowing the cowboy off the board with my autoinit. BB smartly clogged the lava height with the Monarch, but I was placing so many more figures per turn that I could decently own the side of the board that I wanted. The first turn autoinit was brutal: I killed Murphy and knocked off OM1, and then turned around and finished off the Monarch on the lost turn and knocked off his OM3. Then the Rats started to get into things and slow me down. That gave the Wildwoods time to regenerate quite bit: they're really at their best in terms of regeneration value when the Monarch is dying. Wildwoods resurrected 2 Sentinels and 2 Monarchs and 1 Runner. But they couldn't crack into the Redcoat pod in a meaningful way, especially when the Marro Warriors got into the mix and started pulling the slow trees in different directions. Good game BB.

Last edited by vegietarian18; June 3rd, 2020 at 09:15 AM.
Old June 1st, 2020, 10:52 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
It's Over

Pulled out the win with two Mechs with all the Redundant Markers gone. Hounds came in hot and dwarves were just okay so I traded basically all my dwarves for a little over half the hounds, but the Vulcanmechs picked up the slack and killed everything else including Katie Ann in two turns when he had no grubs nearby to heal. Good game coachmuskie.

~Dysole, whose goals was to keep Mechs on as many RS markers as long as she could and that was the key to victory

Last edited by Dysole; June 2nd, 2020 at 12:14 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2020, 05:29 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
The mtl1998 (2-0) v. dok (2-0) pool of armies is:
* Arkmer, Elaria the Pale, Nilfheim, Buccaneers of Tortugax4
* B-11 Resistance Corps, Pel the Hill Giant, Valguard, Dreadgul Raidersx4
* Gothlok, Isamu, Mezzodemon Warmongersx3, Nhah Scirh Cultistsx3
* Ebon Armor, Izumi Samurai, Kozuke Samurai, Otonashi, Tagawa Samurai, Tarn Viking Warriors, Tomoe Gozen
dok chooses to pick their army first or second. After armies are picked, mtl1998 chooses who places first.
Starting in about an hour.
Old June 3rd, 2020, 09:06 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

VD v kevindola scheduled for tonight at 7:30 central. He has spiders I have the dwarves/Romans mash up.
Old June 3rd, 2020, 03:32 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

xthorsavagex and I are scheduled for 10pm eastern tonight. I'm running reckless knights while he has Braxas and co.
Old June 3rd, 2020, 07:08 PM

XThorSavageX knows what's in an order marker XThorSavageX knows what's in an order marker

[QUOTE=dok;2391728][b]

The tiamat (1-1) v. xthorsavagex (1-1) pool of armies is:
* Sir Hawthorne, Knights of Blackgaardx4
* Emperor Andask, Valguard, Dreadgul Raidersx5
* Braxas, Heracles, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Thorgrim the Viking Champion
* Beorn Boltcutter, Deathcommander Mark 3, Deathwalker 8000, Zettian Infantryx4
tiamat chooses to pick their army first or second. After armies are picked, xthorsavagex chooses who places first.

Tiamat:
Sir Hawthorne, Knights of Blackgaardx4

XTHORSAVAGE:
* Braxas, Heracles, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Thorgrim the Viking Champion

SHould be starting around 8:30-8:45
Old June 3rd, 2020, 07:25 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

GUILD_WARRIOR vs. superbro happens in about 30 minutes.
Old June 4th, 2020, 12:18 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Had a close one with vegie's dad tonight.

He had my spider build and I took my other army, Romans/Axegrinders Rygarn hub.

I set up my entire army in the upper Northeast to try and prevent as much possible lava dunkage as possible, and it worked....at first.

We had a bloody first round as is typical for HoB (8 spiders, 1 Wyvern, 2 Romans, 2 Axegrinders, and a wound on Forgehammer) was the damage from round 1. Ambershard had a big sneak attack to kill the Wyvern on Turn 2 freeing up my axegrinders to move. I avoided any webbing and managed to get rid of he first wyvern without much casualties until the Owlbear jumped in on height to make things very painful.

I won the second round initiative and started the slow process of grinding down Kozil, taking attacks on spiders when feasible. Kozil was a pain to bring down, hitting wounded rage a number of time and putting down axegrinders. VD did an amazing job all game tying down my units with spider placements, and it took me a few times to find a Sneak Attack against Kozil, but Ambershard got a huge 3 wound attack that finished off Kozil. They last Wyvern came in end of 2nd round killed a Roman.

Matchup:

Wyvern, 7 Spiders vs. Forge (3), Rygarn, MBS, Darrak, 2 Axegrinders, 6 Romans,

R3T1a: This looks like a pretty solid advantage for the podge, but order markers can be tricky for the broken squads. VD won initiative on (one that went to a tiebreaker on a Mog boost to force it). He disengaged (hit) and lava dunked Forgehammer (FWOOSH). Spider put 2 hits on MBS and killed a Roman.

R3T1b: My OM1 is on the 2 axegrinders. Ambershad kills a spider (freeing up a path) to get 2 attacks against the Wyvern that do 1 hit (2 total)

R3T2a: The 2 life Wyvern kills a Roman (4 left) He could have triple disengaged to lava dunk Rygarn, but that would have been exceedingly risky. Not sure what the right call in this situation would have been. But the axegrinders both survive

R3T2b: Rygarn to the rescue. He flexes an order marker off of the dead Forgehammer (I put the OM there for +3 initiative, but it really could have backfired) and moves it to the axegrinders. Somehow both squads are still alive. Ambershard sneak attacks away a spider that freed up height and a dwarf claims it getting an attack of 5 that kills the Wyvern. That effectively ended the games, although VD had a few attacks to kill MBS that might have made things interesting, but with full health Ambershard and Rygarn on the board it would have been tough with no predators.

VD conceded with 2 spiders (Valda) and me having full health Darrak, Rygarn, 1 life MBS, 2 axegrinders, 2 Romans

really good game VD. Very fun one that had me sweating. Ambershard was a stud for me killing a 2 life Wyvern, 3 life Kozil and killing 3 spiders without taking any damage. If either of the entangling webs had hit it might have been a different game as well.
Old June 4th, 2020, 08:49 AM

Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
The superfrog (1-1) v. Knight of Scape (1-1) pool of armies is:
* Bol, Wildwood Monarch, Red Mantis Blade Dancersx2, Wildwood Runnerx4, Wildwood Sentinel
* Guilty McCreech, Jotun, Morgan's Riflemen, Dreadgul Raidersx4
* Concan the Kyrie Warrior, Sentinels of Grax, Phantom Knightsx2, Shieldsmiths of Granite Keepx3
* The Varja, Warden 816, Honor Guard of the Blasted Landsx5
knight of scape chooses to pick their army first or second. After armies are picked, superfrog chooses who places first.
Like my round 2 game, this one is a face-off between Honor Guard and Dreadgulls, and it's happening in a few hours at 10:00 AM Pacific
Old June 4th, 2020, 03:38 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

The reckless knights were able to take out Braxas/Heracles/Raelin/Thorgrim last night. It was one of the strangest games I've ever played.

xthorsavagex wisely had me place first. That allowed him to use the first init to set up an intimidating defensive pod where Braxas could spit at advancing knights from Raelin's aura and a Thorgrim defensive boost. The pod was set up such that there was no way to get height attacks on Braxas or Raelin. It was really a thing of beauty.

I resigned myself to a strategy of rushing in waves of knights in the hopes that repeated swings at Braxas would eventually punch through the 6 base defense she was rolling. It might not be the best strategey, but you can't deny that it is in fact a strategy. For a couple of turns it was acid breath taking out 2 kinghts followed by 2 or 3 knights flailing at Braxas and managing a total of 1 wound. This is where things get strange. I then proceeded to roll 3 skulls on 4 attack dice SEVEN TIMES IN A ROW. It was absolutely outrageous.

That insasne run of attack dice resulted in Braxas dying way sooner than she should have which allowed the knights to steal an order marker. With the extra turn, knights were able to surround Heracles who was standing on Wannock. Knights then rolled 11 skulls on 15 attack dice. It was totally gross. Heracles was dead and that was pretty much the game.

Looking back at my attack dice for the whole game they came in at >70% skulls. I know it's not particularly interesting to talk about dice, but in this case I really think it was the story of the game. xthorsavagex deserved a far better fate than what he was dealt.
Old June 5th, 2020, 10:59 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Can you place a figure on Lava to start? If you do, do you get out of having to roll for lava damage?

Tomorrow at Noon EST:
Quote:
Round 3 is Heat of Battle on Road Rage.

The dougantosh (0-2) v. lefton4ya (0-2)
* Augamo, Marcu Esenwein, Quasatch Huntersx4 - @dougantosh
* Bol, Isamu, Gurei-Oni, Crypt Guardianx3, Drow Chainfighterx11 - @lefton4ya
lefton4ya chooses to pick their army first or second. After armies are picked, dougantosh chooses who places first.
Old June 5th, 2020, 11:17 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

You may place figures you on molten lava in HoB rounds, however if they are not lava resistant you immediately the d20 for survival.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events