Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 11th, 2007, 02:20 PM

Carrion Crow has disabled reputation
Points costs?

Although I've been lurking about on the site for a while, this is my first post. Whilst I can see all the resources to create custom HS figure cards, including templates, cut and paste special abilities, etc. how exactly do you work out the cost of your custom? Is there a special formula somewhere, or do you just guesstimate the cost, based on other units?
Old September 11th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I point customs mostly based on official units and playtesting (theoryscape and actual play) with a little intuitive "gut" instinct thrown in the mix.

Newb.
Old September 11th, 2007, 03:25 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Best way to start is to compare your custom to existing official figures. Come up with a "best guess" value then post it here for further input. Run through several games with the figure. If it seems undercosted, raise the point value. If it seems overcosted, drop it.
Old September 11th, 2007, 03:55 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
What they said. (In fact, jcb stole my opening line.) Welcome to the site!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 11th, 2007, 06:34 PM

Ted has disabled reputation
Welcome to the site. This was a query of mine as well so I am glad someone else asked it first.
Old September 12th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, Carrion Crow!

On behalf of our flesh eating and did I really just say "flesh eating" community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the fellowship, praise and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, who compares abilities to existing figs to get an initial ballpark estimate

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 12th, 2007, 05:07 PM

Carrion Crow has disabled reputation
Thank you all, for your input and your kind welcome. And although it was a genuine question, part of the reason I asked it was to get my official laurel and hearty handshake...

I now feel all warm and fuzzy...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards