Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old January 20th, 2019, 02:55 PM

Radidactyl Woo who?
Re: The Book of Warriors of Ashra

These girls + Gwyn are the same as Knights. Only problem is it costs 2 turns to make a move, whereas knights get to move AND have bonding.

But they really shine with Emirroon, honestly. A lot of people seem to forget you can summon squad elves as well with his ability.

Could they be better? Oh yeah. But they are good when they are used with elves.

And yeah, "good with Raelin" or "good with height advantage" should probably never be used as arguments lol.
Old January 20th, 2019, 03:32 PM

TradeMark has disabled reputation

Simple board control pieces, nothing more, nothing less. Not necessarily game winning, but can be great roadblocks to prevent flanking from other units. The real question is, does your army need what they provide?
Old January 20th, 2019, 05:26 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TradeMark View Post
Simple board control pieces, nothing more, nothing less. Not necessarily game winning, but can be great roadblocks to prevent flanking from other units. The real question is, does your army need what they provide?
Yes. I love playing elf wizard armies, but they seriously need some sort of screen, otherwise Brunak/TKN/venocs/literally anything can just absolutely throw them around if they rush hard and early.

The WoA are the most obvious solution with lots of synergy, but I have found they rarely ever succeed in holding a screen long enough to get the wizards into a good position. You simply don't get to move many per turn, and they don't hit hard at all when on the offensive. They eat order markers that could go to more important units and plays, and their "defensive agility" seems to only save them two or three times per game on average, which to me just doesn't justify their pricey cost.

So yes, I would say my armies do need what they provide, they just don't ever seem to provide it exceptionally well lol. I have ironically been getting much more reliable results by replacing them with samurai, ninjas, or rats in my elf armies.
Old January 20th, 2019, 07:53 PM

TradeMark has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCarrot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TradeMark View Post
Yes. I love playing elf wizard armies, but they seriously need some sort of screen, otherwise Brunak/TKN/venocs/literally anything can just absolutely throw them around if they rush hard and early.

The WoA are the most obvious solution with lots of synergy, but I have found they rarely ever succeed in holding a screen long enough to get the wizards into a good position. You simply don't get to move many per turn, and they don't hit hard at all when on the offensive. They eat order markers that could go to more important units and plays, and their "defensive agility" seems to only save them two or three times per game on average, which to me just doesn't justify their pricey cost.

So yes, I would say my armies do need what they provide, they just don't ever seem to provide it exceptionally well lol. I have ironically been getting much more reliable results by replacing them with samurai, ninjas, or rats in my elf armies.
I mean, they aren't going to be as good as rats for the points, but if you use Arkmer they can be useful. I could see that combo coming out ahead of other 100/150 elf wizard options.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units