Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 28th, 2018, 11:00 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Captain America (Sam Wilson) (Design Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Is there a clever way to prevent drafting this Sam and Steve into the same army? The whole idea behind Falcon having Caps shield is that Cap isn't there after all.
Personally I don’t see why that’s needed. There are enough generational characters around already that share equipment that has been passed down.
Old November 28th, 2018, 11:40 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Unfortunately that makes it a deadlock! I'm fairly set on sticking with Aerial Advantage but I will keep an open mind. quozl's suggest (at its most literal) would be something like this:

RANGE 5
ATTACK 3

RICOCHET ATTACK
After attacking with Captain America, he may attack an additional time. He cannot attack the same figure more than once and cannot attack more than 3 times in a single turn.

A significantly more potent power when paired with guys like Cap, which is worrying (anything with more than 2 normal attacks is ), but I don't dislike it. Something I'd be willing to explore if other people are digging it.
That is a bit much. I'd prefer something like this:

Quote:
SHIELD RICOCHET
After attacking with a normal attack, you may subtract 1 from Captain America's attack dice to attack one additional time. He cannot attack the same figure more than once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 29th, 2018, 12:23 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've always thought a power that lets you attack a second time equal to the number of skulls rolled the first time would be cool.

SHIELD RICOCHET
After attacking a non adjacent figure with a normal attack, you may choose another figure within 3 spaces of the attacked figure. Roll attack dice equal to the number of skulls rolled in the first attack.

or something like that. Sort of the harder he hits the first guy the more momentum left for the second attack.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 29th, 2018, 08:38 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I like that japes!
For the record I would prefer Counterstrike here since he just moves for free. Otherwise I am not sure what purpose he has.
Old November 29th, 2018, 09:31 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I dig that, too. Feels very similar to the SA but with a twist.

The question then is whether the benefits of it being a normal attack (Aerial Advantage comes into play) outweigh the negatives (more easily abused, makes drafting him with Steve kind of necessary).
Old November 29th, 2018, 11:48 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The combo of making his attack a normal attack but not wanting him to be drafted with Steve seemed to be pulling on opposite ends of the rope to me but it's not an argument I'm invested in either way so I didn't bring it up.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 29th, 2018, 02:16 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like japes last take. Stat boosters will be nice, but other multiple normal ranged attack figures are more consistent and thus better options. The only question I have is if the second attack roll can be modified or not. Sam is playing with Star Lord and uses AA for +2 att. die on his first attack, he rolls 3 skulls, is the 2nd attack capped at 3 attack die or does it get boosted by Star-Lord/AA for a potential attack of 5?
Old November 29th, 2018, 02:31 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm seeing a lot of good points of keeping it a special attack. I'd be happy either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 29th, 2018, 02:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I like that japes!
For the record I would prefer Counterstrike here since he just moves for free. Otherwise I am not sure what purpose he has.
I didn't want to gloss over this, T has a point that if the plan here is for Sam to just move around and engage people but not do much attacking on his own, then he would be better served with some kind of defense = offense power. Since he does have the shield but does not have stealth flying, perhaps a ranged counter strike type of power that covers not just Sam but also near by allies. Something like this....

???????????
After this figure, or any friendly figure with in 2 clear sight spaces of this figure, rolls defense dice verse a non-adjacent normal attack, if the attacking figure is within 5 clear sight spaces of this figures, roll one unblockable attack die against that figure for each blank rolled on the attack dice.

I just don't know how to work it into the card now as I also like Japes idea for the offensive shield throw power and AA is pretty important too. So maybe somehow combine it with the Avengers Marker power?

AVENGERS DEFENDER
At the start of the game, you may choose up to 2 other Unique Heroes you control and place a white Avenger Marker on each of their cards. After any figure you control with an Avenger Marker on their card is targeted for a normal attack, you may immediately move this figure up to 5 spaces. After that move, if the attacking figure is within 5 clear sight spaces of this figure, you may roll one unblockable attack die against that figure for each blank rolled on the attack dice.
Old November 29th, 2018, 03:26 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

He's not really meant to be a leader that totally stands on his own, is he? I was looking at the move-only bonding as a good way to easily move up a couple bonding partners for Carol Danvers or Luke Cage.

If we want him to be more of a solo leader, then sure, lose the SA and try to juice him up. If he's meant to be more like I'm envisioning (supporting other leaders), then I'd stay the course on the SA.
Old November 29th, 2018, 06:54 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
The only question I have is if the second attack roll can be modified or not. Sam is playing with Star Lord and uses AA for +2 att. die on his first attack, he rolls 3 skulls, is the 2nd attack capped at 3 attack die or does it get boosted by Star-Lord/AA for a potential attack of 5?
My response would be no. The power is meant to just be an extra attack with the number of skulls you rolled and not boosted again. Thematically the attack has already been boosted and it's all in the same motion so it's not like Star-Lord has some supernatural ability to boost again while the shield is in the air. Those boosts to me have always been more of a Hit them now or hit them there type of things that increase the odds of success.

Old November 29th, 2018, 07:12 PM
C3G Landlord

I'm okay with that interpretation and actually prefer it that way. The boosts are applied to the initial attack and can result in more skulls being rolled and thus a bigger second attack, no need to boost the second attack as well. I just wanted to make sure that was not challenged by a rules lawyer.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library