Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Notices

Old June 23rd, 2015, 02:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
BoSS Battlefront - Brainstorming Phase

BOSS BATTLEFRONT

-Place Glyphs according to map descriptions.

-Each Player Drafts Army point totals of even value.

-Game play is designed for 1-2 players or 1-2 teams.

-Use Control Markers from PDF. This is an Imperial or Rebel symbol marker that sits on top of the glyph.

-Startzones are according to map descriptions. All figures start in start zone spaces unless specified on their army card.

-Figure Reserves. If all your army or team mates army does not fit in your start zone, it will be in a reserve off of the board. After you Capture or Lose a Control Point, you may place any number of figures from your reserve onto empty spaces in your start zone. Figures in your reserve are not defeated. If you still have figures in your reserve, but no other figures in play on the game board, you must immediately place as many figures as you can on start zone locations. Players are only defeated once all their figures are destroyed. If there are no figures left on the battlefield you must wound figures in your reserve from your opponent controlling glyphs.

-Capturing Control Points
At the end of a Round, if a friendly figure is occupying a glyph, that glyph is now controlled by that player/team. Until that glyph has been occupied by an enemy figure it is under your control. Place a control marker on that glyph.

-Losing Control Points
If an enemy Figure ends its movement on a glyph under your control, you must remove your control marker on that glyph and it returns to being a neutral glyph. This does not make the glyph an enemy glyph. It just takes control away from the previous player/team that controlled it.

-Glyph Effect
At end of each round for every glyph held by your team, the enemy team must take a wound. Each team cancels out enemy glyphs held with their own. The remainder is then awarded to the player holding more glyphs wounding the opponent that number of times.

-Rules for Advancing Units. At the beginning of each round after initiative is rolled but before the first order marker is revealed, in turn order each player may place up to three unengaged figures in your start zone on an empty space adjacent to any control point they currently have control of.

Last edited by Yodaking; April 5th, 2017 at 05:06 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 02:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: BoSS Battlefront - Brainstorming Phase

Looking at Trex's new map with all those glyph locations has got my creative juices running concerning the Battlefront game system we have talked about. So I started up a new thread for us to use for the development of those rules. Once we work out all the details, I'll post all the rules up in the OP and we can also list each BoSS map we think would be good options for the rules along with updated control glyph positions on those maps.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 02:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Here is what I had in mind for the BoSS Battlefront challenge (feedback appreciated).

Two players select a BoSS Battlefront Map to fight for control of and roll a twenty sided die. Whoever rolls higher selects there team. We will start out with the Galactic Empire and Rebel Alliance as the only teams but then will add other team options as other factions (Independent, CIS, Galactic Republic) are better filled out by HoSS. We can also update the teams or add alternate team options as more and more units get released.

Each BoSS Battlefield Map will be either a BoSS competitive or casual map with a number of Command Nodes marked by a glyph. While each individual map layout will ultimately determine the number and location of the Command Nodes, for a general guideline small maps will have just 2 Command Nodes, medium maps will have 3 Command Nodes, while large maps will have 4 or 5 Command Nodes.

Starting Teams:

Galactic Empire (390 points)
Grand Moff Tarkin - 160 points
Death Star Troopers x3 - 180 points
Probe Droid x2 - 50 points

Rebel Alliance (390 points)
Han Solo - 120 points
Chewbacca - 120 points
Rebel Troopers x2 - 110 points
R2-D2 - 30 points
C-3PO - 10 points

At the end of each round, control of Command Nodes are determined. Each Command Node glyph that has one of your figures on top of it is under your control, even if that figure is completely surrounded by the enemy. Any empty Command Node that has 1 or more of your figures adjacent to the Node and your opponent has no figures adjacent to that Command Node is under your control. Command Nodes that do not have any figures on or adjacent to it at the end of the round remain under the control of whoever controlled the Command Node at the start of the round. If both players have figures adjacent to an empty Command Node glyph, then that Command Node is contested. Contested and unclaimed Command Nodes are represented by the standard Command Node glyph that are on the map at the start of the game. Command Node glyphs that are under one sides control are replaced with a Rebel or Empire symbol glyph to denote control of that location. Once all control of all Command Nodes are determined, each side is awarded X points (25 or 50?) for each Command Node they control. Points are recorded on a piece of paper for tally at the end of the game.

At the start of Rounds 3, 5, 7, & 9 each side receives reinforcements. Reinforcements can be placed on or adjacent to any Command Nodes that you control. You can also place reinforcement in your Start Zone.

Round 3 Reinforcements
:

Galactic Empire (230 points)
Darth Vader - 230 points

Rebel Alliance (230 points)
Major Derlin - 100 points
Rebel Heavy Gunner x2 - 130 points

Round 5 Reinforcements:

Galactic Empire (260 points)
E-Web Trooper - 100 points
Stormtroopers x2 - 160 points

Rebel Alliance (260 points)
Obi-Wan Kenobi - 150 points
Padawan Luke Skywalker - 110 points

Round 7 Reinforcements:

Galactic Empire (230 points)
Admiral Ozzel - 70 points
Stormtroopers x2 - 160 points

Rebel Alliance (230 points)
Rebel Captain - 65 points
Rebel Troopers x3 - 165 points

Round 9 Reinforcements
:

Galactic Empire (100 points)
- Choice
E-Web Trooper - 100 points or
General Veers - 100 points

Rebel Alliance (100 points) - Choice
Princess Leia (100 points) or
Yoda (100 points)

At the end of round 12 the game ends. Add up all the points earned from end of round Control Nodes. Then add to your total the points of all remaining forces in your army. Hero cards are awarded full point value even if they are wounded. Squads are counted as full squads for points as long as one member of the squad still remains in play. Whoever has the higher point total wins the game.

Last edited by Yodaking; June 23rd, 2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 04:10 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I'd prefer to call them "Control Points" instead of "Control Nodes."

I love the idea of replacing the uncontrolled glyph with an Empire or Rebel symbol.

I think it might be better for maps to have an odd number of control points so that tension is created because there will typically be a disparity in the number of points controlled.

Also, I think it would be better to just specify the number of points rather than set armies with set reinforcements.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 05:04 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I'd prefer to call them "Control Points" instead of "Control Nodes."

I love the idea of replacing the uncontrolled glyph with an Empire or Rebel symbol.

I think it might be better for maps to have an odd number of control points so that tension is created because there will typically be a disparity in the number of points controlled.

Also, I think it would be better to just specify the number of points rather than set armies with set reinforcements.

One of the things I enjoy about the video game is the choices you have when you respawn. I'd like to see a version of that for a Battlefront variant of HoSS. Set an overall point total for an army (1000, 1500, whatever) then decide how much of that each army will have on the battlefield at the start of the game. At the end of each round (or every other round), each player can bring in a set number of figures or a maximum number of points for each control point they command. Players should have to achieve some sort of goal to bring strong uniques like Vader, Jedi Knight Luke, etc, into the game - capture an opponent's control point, destroy a certain number of opponent's figures, etc.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old June 23rd, 2015, 05:36 PM
C3G Landlord

I feel pretty strongly about the need to have a set format for reinforcements. The format doesn't need to be exactly what I laid out above, and I like the 'rewards' idea for unlocking certain heroes, but it needs to have some kind of structure. If you want to just build a random army and kill your opponent's random army, then that is what you can do under the normal game rules. The Battlefront system should be an alternate gaming format, not more of the same thing. To insure this format is fun and competitive for both sides to play, you need a planned and tested set of forces involved.

12 rounds of play featuring 1210 points of figures is a significant investment of time, it should be fun for everyone involved. Just saying bring your own 1200 point army and break it up however you want too will definitely led to lopsided, crushing defeats and the loser will think, "this sucks lets just go back to normal scape." It will also take an hour just drafting the armies and deciding how to break the army up so that each side is somewhere close to the same power level through out. One army starting with 410 points of squad bonded heroes and the other starting with 230 points uncommon heroes is just not going to work. The squad boned heroes will sweep over the map and claim 3 Control Nodes while the uncommon heroes are still trying to move out of the start zone and claim 1 Node. Then the reinforcements will be arriving in 3 key positions for one side and only 1 for the other. The purpose of having a new officially tested and predetermined game system is to streamline the process so that it is quicker to set up and get into the action while ensuring that it is a balanced and fun play experience.

Having the same armies face off against each other time and time again with the same reinforcement structure is how new and interesting tactics arise as well. You know your opponent is getting Vader at the start of round 3 and that he is a tank and will over run one of your positions and claim a Control Node. From experience you learn how to deal with that and buy your time until the start of round 5 when Obi-Wan 7 Luke arrive on the scene. In the end Vader is only one figure and can thus only control one Node, so you spread your forces out over as many Nodes as you can and focus on taking out the non-Vader forces.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 08:06 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I was thinking on letting the players be rewarded in points for control points controlled each round. Then letting the players use the points earned on reinforcements. The points reflecting on the army card points somehow. The bigger the points the higher reward.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 23rd, 2015, 10:38 PM
C3G Landlord

That would end the game rather quickly. As soon as one side has more Control Nodes then the other side, they start getting more reinforcements and just overwhelm the other team. Both sides should have a chance to win the game, not just the faster moving army. By keeping the starting and reinforcement points even, the battle and wax and wane over the course of the game with either side controlling more Nodes at the end of any one round.
Old June 24th, 2015, 10:28 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Good point. I hadn't thought about it in that way. I am excited about this even more after checking out the new Battlefront videos of game play. Oh man, it looks awesome.

Old June 24th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I understand your points, YK, but I disagree. The rigid structure you propose takes the fun out of it for me. Tactics and strategy develop not only on the battlefield but in army creation as well. Do I take more Rebel Troopers or do I take another RHG? Who do I send in this round? Where do I put them? I'm not against having some suggested armies or creating scenarios based on set reinforcements, but this alternate game system needs to have flexibility.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old June 25th, 2015, 05:31 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am really interested. I tried to develop something akin to this in an attempt to simulate the old computer game Archon.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 12th, 2015, 10:28 AM
"like" happy

I'd really like to test a point system for control points captured each round and using same said points in pulling reinforcements by point value. Then being able to place those reinforcements by control points that are already controlled. Similar to the Video game when you respawn. Keeping the same essence of the video game in heroscape format.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape