Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old October 31st, 2012, 02:16 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Boards of Online Heroscape

Something I/we forgot to mention to the public. 3D figures sizes have been standardized (mostly), and so whenever you make a template, import a figure and resize the map accordingly. If the templates already made could be re-sized, that would be great...

Old October 31st, 2012, 02:49 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

On a note on top of that, neither the 2D or 3D templates are complete BTW, and it's very annoying when you want to play that figure and it's only in one or thee other.
Old October 31st, 2012, 04:06 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Something I/we forgot to mention to the public. 3D figures sizes have been standardized (mostly), and so whenever you make a template, import a figure and resize the map accordingly. If the templates already made could be re-sized, that would be great...
Not sure what you're saying, AU. Most of the figures are too large for the boards, true. I find myself resizing the figures upon import, shrinking them, so they fit the board. You're asking the opposite? But what does that mean? Resizing (enlarging) the main top-down map will extend it way off the edges of the canvas, making it impractical to play on: you have to constantly scroll around that way, and can't see the entire board at one time. Wouldn't it be better to shrink the figures?
Old October 31st, 2012, 04:22 PM

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Not sure what you're saying, AU. Most of the figures are too large for the boards, true. I find myself resizing the figures upon import, shrinking them, so they fit the board. You're asking the opposite? But what does that mean? Resizing (enlarging) the main top-down map will extend it way off the edges of the canvas, making it impractical to play on: you have to constantly scroll around that way, and can't see the entire board at one time. Wouldn't it be better to shrink the figures?
I'm saying that all of the 3D figures are the same (ish) size relative to each other, so the templates should be adjusted accordingly. Re-size the maps, but also re-size the window (See the little shading in the bottom left corner of all Google Drawings? Drag that out to the new map size.).

Old October 31st, 2012, 04:33 PM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm saying that all of the 3D figures are the same (ish) size relative to each other, so the templates should be adjusted accordingly. Re-size the maps, but also re-size the window (See the little shading in the bottom left corner of all Google Drawings? Drag that out to the new map size.).
AU, I've already tried that. Look: if I re-size the map, so it's larger (i.e., so that it extends off the edges of the canvas) — and then I re-size the canvas, by dragging out its corner, so that it's now large enough to accommodate the newly-enlarged map — then the entire thing automatically resizes to fit the computer window. So you end up exactly where you started. Or?
Old October 31st, 2012, 04:34 PM

If it's easier to show me, we could always go to a common board together, and join a Hangout, and you can guide me through it in person.
Old October 31st, 2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
AU, I've already tried that. Look: if I re-size the map, so it's larger (i.e., so that it extends off the edges of the canvas) — and then I re-size the canvas, by dragging out its corner, so that it's now large enough to accommodate the newly-enlarged map — then the entire thing automatically resizes to fit the computer window. So you end up exactly where you started. Or?
Ah, it sounds like you're doing it right, you just don't know it. The view resizes when you drag out the canvas, not the actual board. Try it with a figure on the screen as well, to see what I mean. When you resize the canvas, everything should seem to get smaller.

Old November 1st, 2012, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Ah, it sounds like you're doing it right, you just don't know it. The view resizes when you drag out the canvas, not the actual board. Try it with a figure on the screen as well, to see what I mean. When you resize the canvas, everything should seem to get smaller.
Ah, got it! Good to know.

Sigh, okay. This is going to be a bit of work, but I'll start on resizing all the boards.
Old November 1st, 2012, 02:09 AM

So, AU,

I thought the easiest, and most accurate measuring stick for resizing the maps would be to use the Hive: it's huge, and it's the only unit that occupies the full shape and size of real hexes. Plop it down on a map, and then resize the map until the six hexes under the Hive perfectly fit it.

But if you do that, then all the other figures end up being a bit larger. The bases of normal figures almost touch the sides of the hexes, unlike real life, where they had lots of wiggle room; and D3 figures such as Moltenclaw spill out beyond the hex.

So I'm guessing that you guys decided, for visual clarity, to size figures a bit larger relative to the board than they would be in real life? Seems fine to me. Might affect LoS in a couple of cases, but I don't think anyone will ever care. And as long as the figures will still just be contained within the hexes, it doesn't look bad. Only the handful of D3 figures are a problem. (Molty, Frost Giant, Ice Troll, and.... who's the fourth D3?)

If that's how you guys intended things, give the word, and I'll go ahead and use the Hive as the basemark.

Last edited by Typhon2222; November 1st, 2012 at 03:03 AM.
Old November 1st, 2012, 11:13 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Master of the Hunt, Typhoon.
Old November 1st, 2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
So, AU,

I thought the easiest, and most accurate measuring stick for resizing the maps would be to use the Hive: it's huge, and it's the only unit that occupies the full shape and size of real hexes. Plop it down on a map, and then resize the map until the six hexes under the Hive perfectly fit it.

But if you do that, then all the other figures end up being a bit larger. The bases of normal figures almost touch the sides of the hexes, unlike real life, where they had lots of wiggle room; and D3 figures such as Moltenclaw spill out beyond the hex.

So I'm guessing that you guys decided, for visual clarity, to size figures a bit larger relative to the board than they would be in real life? Seems fine to me. Might affect LoS in a couple of cases, but I don't think anyone will ever care. And as long as the figures will still just be contained within the hexes, it doesn't look bad. Only the handful of D3 figures are a problem. (Molty, Frost Giant, Ice Troll, and.... who's the fourth D3?)

If that's how you guys intended things, give the word, and I'll go ahead and use the Hive as the basemark.

So tell me, oh online-TDs: do you want the boards here resized with the Hive as the benchmark, leaving all figures a bit larger than in real life, assuming that was your intention?
Old November 1st, 2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Master of the Hunt, Typhoon.
You rock, MS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events