Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:45 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!
Favorite film battle scene

Hello, everybody!!! This is kind of a sequel to my Favorite movie monster thread, so the title says it all!!!

My favorite fights are these (not in any order):

Godzilla's Final battle against Destoroyah- Godzillla vs. Destoroyah

The Siege of Minas Tirith- Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

King Kong's Battle against the 3 V-rexes- Peter Jackson's King Kong

Obi-Wan's Dual with General Grievous- Stars Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith

Gandalf's Dual with the Balrog- LotR: Fellowship of the Ring

So...... anyone got any?

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:49 AM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker
Re: Favorite film battle scene

My favorite is in the Original Matrix after Neo is shot at the very end when he annhilates all the Agents while barely even making an effort
Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:52 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

See, my favorite is right before that, after he stays to fight the agents.

I'm a big fan of difficult fights where the hero can barely make it, not where he wins easy.

My fav most intense fight scene is Spidey vs. Doc Ock in the train sequence. I was almost shaking by the end.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:19 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is a tie. I'm not in to big flashy things, but this first one is over the top as far as fighting goes.

The first fight scene in 300. Wicked stuff.

Next scene is from Conan the Barbarian. A classic movie and action fighting at it's finest. The end fight is just Conan whooping some ass.

Classic stuff.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:27 AM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

If this counts I really like the Battle of Endor from Star Wars VI

I also love the Batman battle against the Joker from the Dark Knight, the one where the Joker is defeated. That was amazing.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:36 AM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

I liked the battle in Star Wars II when all the Jedi where saving Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Padme from Genosis.

I also like the fight in Star Wars III between Obi-Wan and Anakin on Mustafar.

I'm a F18, bro.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:48 AM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

The duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan, in Star Wars episode three, was absolutely stunning. I could not get over how well done it was; I think it's easily one of the best fights in the entire Star Wars series. Star Wars also has sweet blaster battles.
I like a lot of the battles already mentioned.
The King Kong fight with the three T-Rexes
Batman's fight with the Joker
Fights from 300
The battle at Minas Tirith. Although I'm not as much a fan of such epic sequences. I love the fight with the Orcs and the cave troll in Fellowship of the Ring.
The fight and the end of Saving Private Ryan is incredible too. The one where the squad needs to defend the bridge in the ruined town. And last, but not least, was the D-Day invasion. I've heard that D-Day veterans who saw that, found it so realistic, that they felt like they were reliving it.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain

Last edited by Jandarforever; June 23rd, 2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:55 AM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker

The charge of the Rohirrim at Pelenor Fields in Return of the King

Enterprise vs. Reliant in the Mutara Nebula in Star Trek II Wrath of Khan

and...

King Arthur vs. the Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930
Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:18 AM

Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker

The end scene in Equilibrium is pretty sweet there are katanas and pistols and all sorts of stuff.
The end fight in the Last Samurai.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:32 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

The battle of Stirling Bridge scene from Braveheart. The way the battle is portrayed is actually not accurate (more of a mix of several other battles from the period) but I still really dig it. The drama and the cinematography are both excellent, and you really get a sense of the tactics involved as well.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:41 AM

Darkness1717 is surprisingly tart

I like every fight in the StarWars except for the ones with Order 66. I specifically like the fights on Endor and Jabba's Sail Barge in the Return of the Jedi.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:41 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Pickett's Charge from Gettysburg.
The Last March of the Ents from The Two Towers.
Sam versus Shelob in Return of the King.
Spidey and Harry versus Sandman and Venom in Spidey 3.
The US military base versus Blackout in Transformers.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies