Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 31st, 2006, 02:36 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
NorCal HS GameDay 6/17 (Results & Pix Pg. 18)

edit - GameDay info here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...?p=19729#22162

OK - we've got interested members who've said they'd travel in NorCal to get to a HS Gameday.

We have the ganas.

Do we have someone who will step up and volunteer their place, or their local gameplace, for a member tournament?

I know from running KublaCon's HS Tournament, that it is much easier with experienced members (who bring their own figures ) than it is for an open-gaming event.

So what crew has the # of sets required to make a NorCal HS Gameday possible?

And what location would be possible? While SJ (Clickety Clack Crew) is a bit far on the south side, I don't know of a more-central spot between Clearlake (Malechi), Oakland (Satyr, Alistair MacDirk, morningstar), Newark? (Hex_Enduction_Hour, SilverStoner and their pal), and Sacramento (me and RPMiller) / Elk Grove (the crew that truth plays HS with on webcam) and if anyone is willing to host, we should go ahead and give it a run.

No prizes required.

Let's make this happen, guys - Kublacon was a lot of fun, and I think we all saw it was just scratching the surface and showing the hints of a large glacier underneath the water.
Old May 31st, 2006, 02:57 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Us SoCal guys went as far as Santa Maria. I would be willing if we get enough guys from down here together. I have a problem with sleep-driving.
Old May 31st, 2006, 03:16 PM

pitboss has disabled reputation
here's a suggestion

everyone bring a master set!

it might get a little difficult to keep track but it can work, here's how:

i think everyone should bring a master set, set up that map and if you're coming w/ a crew, then you can make your map as big as you have members (i.e. the CCC can make a 5 master set map... or more if need be or more click clackers stop being slackers)

the reason is not to to limit people who come by themselves or with a few friends, but it's because clean up will be less confusing. when the time comes to pack it all up, you'll know that the pieces making up that map belongs to individual A, group B, or crew C and all their members so even if an order marker or a double hex tile gets mixed up somewhere, it is still going in the general direction of it's owner (and can be sorted out when they get home). everyone is welcome to play on the maps just move their armies and lucky d20's around (if you have lucky Off or Def dice then move them with you from battle to battle), leave the other stuff at the maps since every one will have them.

while it might get confusing to track everything, i think we can manage since we are bringing our own figures anyways.

NOW, the only question is location, location, location (strong assumption we're playing on the weekend)!

pitboss of the - no sleep, no bowl, no prob...
Old May 31st, 2006, 03:25 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
OKay here's the situation: I've had long-standing deal with my wife. If I finish remodling our master bathroom I can have an all-day game day at my very own house on Saturday, June 24. 10Am-12 midnight or longer .

Some problems:

the bathroom's not finished.
Walkin'_Dude is dealing with some priority R/L issues. He's one of the main reasons I'd want to have an all-day extravaganza. If he's not in, I'm less inclined to see the day happen. Because of his situation, I want him to be there - my little good luck send-off.

I'm located in Newark. It's quite a haul for Sac. crew and Malechi, but it is a free location and when the trains go by in my backyard everyone is invited to the top of my shed to admire the bad-ass graffitti and smoke a stogie if they have them.

I finish teaching for the year on June 15. After that I can make a mad dash to finish the bathroom. My wife will most likely allow me to have my game day if it's near completion.

I'll keep you all posted.
Old May 31st, 2006, 03:55 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
Us SoCal guys went as far as Santa Maria. I would be willing if we get enough guys from down here together. I have a problem with sleep-driving.
You know, I'd give it a try if it was within about 5-6 hours of my locale. We could pick up Wilkerson on the way. I'd prefer to stay the weekend, though, as opposed to driving 10-12 hours on a Saturday.

Oh, and everything depends on the domestic watch commander, of course.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old May 31st, 2006, 04:09 PM
Tournament Director Deluxe

Satyr is surprisingly tart
H_E_H that is a generous offer! Thank you.

I've also started surveying Oakland/Berkely/SF game/comic shops as possible venues on the B.A.H thread. The top contenders in my mind are:

Endgame - (Kublacon presence)
Games of Berkeley
It's Your Move

They all seem to have the space needed for a bunch of boards. As for availibility and $$$ (if any) I need to make some calls. I'll update when I have more info.
Old May 31st, 2006, 04:31 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
... on Saturday, June 24. 10Am-12 midnight or longer ...

You bastard! On June 24th I am flying to Florida!!!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:00 PM
has been BANNED

pitboss - that's a great example of how it could work - people bringing their own sets to set up "their own" maps, and that way everything stays seperate.

And everyone keeping their dice/order markers/wound counters/etc with them would be a VERY smart idea.

Satyr - does Games of Berkeley have enough room/availability for a group of us? I'd much prefer Berkeley over San Fran or more southern locations, of course.
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:12 PM
has been BANNED

Paxton - how many are in your group?
Do you only play on that map?
Are you interested in a local gaming meeting?
If so, the Sacramento Boardgame Meetup group might be of interest to you. Many people get together and play a variety of board and card games at local libraries, gamestores, or pubs.

We ran a HS demo awhile back for the group, but it didn't seem like too many of the group were interested.....

Just FYI, for your group and any other Sacramento-area guys (there was one HSers member from Roseville that posted on the other thread....)
Old May 31st, 2006, 06:10 PM

Gambit has disabled reputation
YES!!!!!!!!! IVE BEEN WAITING FOREVER FOR SOMTHING LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont post that much

-Utradoug
a warhammer/HS site,im a mod there> www.miniwargames.net/forums
Old May 31st, 2006, 06:24 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
We ran a HS demo awhile back for the group, but it didn't seem like too many of the group were interested.....
I play with a group every time I am in Reno and find it to be the same way. Only once did someone bring HeroScape and we were forced to sit in a corner - like being at the kid's table at Thanksgiving. I have to believe that many boardgamers don't care for combat-style games ...

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old May 31st, 2006, 07:00 PM

Joe's Fury has disabled reputation
Quote:

I play with a group every time I am in Reno and find it to be the same way. Only once did someone bring HeroScape and we were forced to sit in a corner - like being at the kid's table at Thanksgiving. I have to believe that many boardgamers don't care for combat-style games ...

This is unacceptable! We can't let people disrespect our Heroscape like that. Pitboss, get me the d20, I'll show them.

For those of you that missed it, during Kublacon on Sat the HS demo table was in the main room. There was a tiny window above that had a beam of light shining thru the darkness onto the HS demo. Other gamers walking out from the rooms were jealous that we got to play in the light.......that's how it should always be.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events