Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 17th, 2006, 10:56 AM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma
I've never done a tourney type thing. Is there a map/maps yet? Pre-made armies?

Look forward to it
Pre-made armies is a yes.
It's a good idea to have a couple to choose from too.
But the one you do decide to run with, you have all day.

Point totals is up in the air.
We have been going around 500+, but for times sake I think we should draft lower. It is a tourney( I think), afterall.

As far as maps go, has anyone looked at what the D/FW crew are planning?
That looks great to me.
Old September 17th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma
I've never done a tourney type thing. Is there a map/maps yet? Pre-made armies?
Look forward to it
Pre-made armies is a yes.
It's a good idea to have a couple to choose from too.
But the one you do decide to run with, you have all day.

Point totals is up in the air.
We have been going around 500+, but for times sake I think we should draft lower. It is a tourney( I think), afterall.

As far as maps go, has anyone looked at what the D/FW crew are planning?
That looks great to me.
yes, for tourney play over 500 is a bit much. i was thinking more like 450 with a one hour time limit if needed per game (total points for remaining active cards to determine a winner)

i've updated the list on the first post with oogiezone and Hahma. that puts us at around 13.

i haven't had time to put any thought into this event lately. tomorrow is busy as well but Tuesday and Wednesday i can put some time into planning.

some of you can expect some PMs from me soon. stay tuned...
Old September 19th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
i see Truth restored the Registration function for Event threads.

so please register for the event on the first post. thanks.

for some reason, i can't get rid of the Poll on the first post.
Old September 19th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I registered in the "Maybe" category just because its still about a month away and things may change. We are planning on coming. Oogiezone requested the day off work. So unless something drastic changes we will are planning on being there.
Old September 19th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Poll gone.
Old September 19th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
I'm a definite, but something unusual can happen to mess it up, so I registered under Maybe. Look forward to it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 20th, 2006, 06:17 PM

Pwalley has disabled reputation
Unless something comes up that I can't get out of, I'll be there.
Old September 20th, 2006, 11:37 PM

josh-n-papa Woo who?
I can't go to this one
Momma has a conference in Springfield that weekend,so I'm stuck taking care of all the kids.
Old September 20th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh-n-papa
I can't go to this one
Momma has a conference in Springfield that weekend,so I'm stuck taking care of all the kids.
Put them in a cage with some food and water. Thats what I will be doing with the dog.
Old September 20th, 2006, 11:58 PM

josh-n-papa Woo who?
Not an option
I am an adoptive foster parent...can't be using any "questionable" parenting techniques.I have had quite a few creative thoughts involving duct tape though
Old September 21st, 2006, 11:35 PM
Spin Master

i had an idea yesterday i'd like to run past all of you.

why not use Hasbro scenarios as part of the tounament, instead of just some of the Hasbro battlefields? it would mean players would need to bring a variety of units that will cover the points/strategy needed for Player 1 or Player 2 of the following 4 scenarios:

The Bridge to the Forgotten Forest
- from the expansion set "Road to the Forgotten Forest" rule book
Player 1: 425 point pre-made army
Player 2: 525 point pre-made army (without the Dumutef Guard requirement)

Battle for the Volcarren Obsidian Guards
- from the expansion set "Volcarren Wasteland" rule book
Player 1: 500 point pre-made army (without the Obsidian Guard requirement)
Player 2: 600 point pre-made army

Storm of Frozen Shards
- from the expansion set "Thaelenk Tundra" rule book
Player 1: 450 point pre-made army (without the Dzu-Teh requirement)
Player 2: 650 point pre-made army

The Siege of the West Barbican
- from the expansion set "Fortress of the Archkyrie" rule book
Player 1: 500 point pre-made army
Player 2: 750 point pre-made army

this is only a suggestion. i can see a few wrinkles in trying to apply this to a tourney.

a one hour time limit on each game might be one problem since these scenarios don't all have the same army points and maximum-rounds expectation.

another problem is players will basically have to figure out 8 different armies to bring. sure there can be plenty of overlap for units that work well in most scenarios, but still it's a lot to think about and a lot to bring. (although, in the meetups we've done before and even the GenCon tourneys, i'd say more than half of the paricipants have brought most or all of their collection anyhow.)

the only reason i'm suggesting this is i'd like to see all the different terrain expansions represented (hilighted) plus i get tired of the generic kill-em-all scenario.

also, it's still not set in stone that we do a tourney. if we just go with open-play then using these four different scenarios might work out better.

thoughts?
Old September 22nd, 2006, 07:03 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
I like that idea Gary. I was going to bring all my figs anyway (now that I finally have some cases for them). I don't have Tundra rulebook, but I can borrow it from my brother in-law, but I do have all the other ones.

If it's decided to do this, we have plenty of time to figure out our armies and play test or whatever with them. Half the fun after all is picking an army.

Open gaming might have to be done to accomadate these scenarios, like you said. That would be fine with me, more casual and have more of a variety of maps to play on.

For my part, I'm not interested in prizes or anything, just meeting other Scapers and playing with and learning from other people.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events