Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 5th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Mister Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Now the better question is what if Thing, SS and Mr F, were on 3 consecutive hexes in a straight line in that order and Thing punched SS "into" Mr F, should Mr F roll for Knockback damage, or does Rubber Wrap prevent SS from even running into him?
Cool question.

SS can't move with knockback for two reasons: Mr F's Rubber Wrap special power, and the game mechanic of there being a figure there.

So we need to decide which is factored first.

Well, IMO, the game mechanic of not moving into a figure's space is factored first. Why? Because special powers are simply rules that break game mechanics, and that implies that the mechanics come first. Before you read a card and its special powers, you have to read and understand the rules first.

So, IMO, SS's knockback movement is stopped by the existing game mechanic that prevents him from moving through an enemy figure. That stopping of movement triggers knockback damage, and so SS and Mr F both roll for it.
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

I agree that SS should roll for KB, but TryBrut's question is valid in that it's Mr F preventing him from moving, just like Joker preventing Grundy in the rulebook.

EDIT: I concur with Griffin's clear explanation.

The same then is going to be true for Blob's Stuck and any other "preventing movement" power.

So when your hero is in such a situation, you can attack him yourself to try and trigger KB against those figures. Very cool.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I didn't see this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Okay, thanks. Does Mr. Fantastic take damage as well, since he is the figure stopping the other's movement?

It might be a good idea to put a clarification in the OP.
Mr F would only be susceptible to KB Damage as well if his placement on the battlefield stopped the figure's KB Move. If Mr F was not in the line of KB Movement, he would still stop an engaged figure with his Rubber Wrap, but he would NOT take KB damage.
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks a bunch for the clear -and quick- answers, guys. Like I said, playing it wrong didn't change anything, but I'll be sure to remember next time.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old March 14th, 2016, 08:03 PM

Calim knows what's in an order marker Calim knows what's in an order marker

This may have been addressed already but I'm wondering if, with the Fantastic Leader 4 power, do the Adventurers activated have to be different characters? For instance, can The Thing be activated 3 times if Reed nails a 20? Thanks.
Old March 14th, 2016, 08:13 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

They all have to be different. The power states "up to 2-3 Adventurer Heroes you control". Thing wouldn't count as 2 Adventurer Heroes, so he can only be chosen once. If it stated "you may take up to 3 turns, each with an Adventurer Hero" you'd be able to select the same person more than once.
Old August 19th, 2018, 03:55 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm not sure how we've gone this long without this coming up, but Rubber Wrap doesn't specify the figure has to be on a place they can end their move. I've got Ben & the Silver Surfer blocking off Reed right now from Drax, who choose Reed as his nemesis, so he must move closer to Reed and can move through figures to do so, but as soon as he enters the space occupied by Ben or the Silver Surfer, he can't move any farther due to Rubber Wrap. So now I have two figures occupying the same space on the board.
Old August 19th, 2018, 03:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm pretty sure you can't move through a figure if you can't complete a legal movement to an unoccupied space on the other side of them. Since Mister Fantastic's Rubber Wrap, Blob's Stuck, etc. would preclude movement through that space, you can't move through it.

There should be an official precedent with Cyberclaw and Ghost Walk available somewhere.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 21st, 2018, 08:05 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I thought you couldn't move through friendly figures if they were engaged
Old August 21st, 2018, 08:18 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
I thought you couldn't move through friendly figures if they were engaged
Not the same scenario here. Yodaking is describing Drax moving through enemy figures with Ghost Walk, essentially.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 25th, 2020, 01:47 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Reed couldn't Knockback a Small-Medium opponent any number of spaces away even if he wanted to, correct? Rubber Wrap is non-optional.
Same with Blob and Doc Ock (I) as well, I assume?
Old November 25th, 2020, 01:37 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yup that makes sense.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library