Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old October 31st, 2020, 09:23 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Dr. Jekyll's Thinking Room

Would need to do more research to confirm but so far as I can tell the Grid minis are unpainted and only available as part of the $72 game.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 31st, 2020, 09:28 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Oh wow, you went all in Bats.
Old October 31st, 2020, 10:02 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Oh wow, you went all in Bats.
The Nano Figs were just easier and more cost efficient to buy all together. They really weren't very pricy either.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 31st, 2020, 01:59 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Interestingly, you hit on some very similar notes as me! I even have my Jason as Disciplined, and the top power named Go Go Power Rangers.

Like, very much in flux, but I have the Power Rangers with this as a template:

MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS
Instead of taking a turn with the COLOR Ranger, you may move and attack with any Power Ranger you control that has not moved or attacked this round.

SPECIAL ATTACK FOR EACH RANGER

COMBAT FLIP 12
After moving, attacking, or defending with the COLOR Ranger, he may use Combat Flip. Combat Flip has a move of 1. The COLOR Ranger may flip over obstacles such as ruins and may flip up to 12 levels up or down in a single flip. When using Combat Flip, the COLOR Ranger will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

And then, the Red Ranger would let you move and attack with any TWO Power Rangers instead of one, as long as there's a revealed OM on his card, or something like that. Nothing's hit design yet so all pretty theoretical.
Wow, that's awesome. I had a feeling someone was working on them. I like that Combat Flip, soo thematic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
What about something like:

POWER BLASTER
At the end of the round, if this Red Ranger is adjacent with four other Power Rangers in your army that do not have the (GREEN/WHITE RANGER) Personality, you may roll the 20-sided die for one figure within # spaces of the Red Ranger. If you roll # or higher, that figure receives # wounds. This special power can only be used once per game.

It does tend to finish the villain at the end of most episodes.

I could also see the Megazord having a power like:

IT'S MORPHIN' TIME
If there are 5 Power Rangers in your army that do not have the ___ personality, start the game with this Megazord on this card. At the end of any round, if all 5 Power Rangers are not destroyed, you may place those Power Rangers on this card. After this Megazord has been destroyed, you may place the Power Rangers on this card on empty spaces on or within 1 space of where the Megazord previously occupied.

Would allow the Rangers to fight for a round, assemble safely inside the Megazord until its destroyed, and then exit in formation to shoot their Power Blaster.

I tried to make it so that the Power Gun and Morphin' Time excludes the Green/White Ranger (both Tommy Oliver), while still allowing Tommy to be in your army. I do wonder though, would the Green/White Ranger share the same personality? Could be "Wildcard," as he's often referred to.

He's certainly distinct, being a "Sixth Ranger", which could be its own class, I suppose.

The female Green Ranger, according to the wikia, falls under the unofficial category of a "Ranger-Like Ally."
https://powerrangers.fandom.com/wiki...er-like_allies
Maybe the Tommy Green/White Rangers would have the class of "Ranger-Like"?
Something to keep that character separate, but also a powerhouse who needs its own OMs to operate.
I believe Tommy is not one to take orders from Jason.

Also, how deep into Power Rangers would we wish to delve? I'm not sure what minis are out there beyond MMPR, but Power Rangers is an adaptation of Super Sentai, which originated in 1975, and the 1st season adapted to introduce American audiences to the series is the 16th in the Super Sentai series.

Crossovers are common enough in both PR and SS, and there could be fun Lantern Corps-like situations.

Dude... toyhandle you and me had very similar ideas for the Megazord aside from the fact I think the Power Rangers would take damage from the Megazord getting destroyed. I also have the same thoughts on the Green/White Ranger be excluded as far as Megazord and Power Blaster goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yes, these were the figures I had in mind for the characters. Mainly for the affordability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
Those look good, but the ones that have drawn my attention the most are the Heroes of the Grid figures. The sculpts also feature the weapons, which is a bonus.

There's some great villains within the Grid line as well:

And the Megazord figure appears to be the most affordable out of its competition that I can find:

I'm not sure what minis are out there beyond MMPR*, I don't know how deep the mini world has gone, or if easy customs can/have be or been made.

*EDIT: Beyond MMPR and the post-MMPR figures shown in IAmBatman's post.
I really love these figures and I will be buying the game even if it is expensive. I just want to play it, seems cool. I just want the figures used to be affordable to the masses.
Old October 31st, 2020, 04:47 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
Dude... toyhandle you and me had very similar ideas for the Megazord aside from the fact I think the Power Rangers would take damage from the Megazord getting destroyed. I also have the same thoughts on the Green/White Ranger be excluded as far as Megazord and Power Blaster goes.
We must be onto something then!
One risk about them taking damage upon Megazord's destruction is that if a wounded Ranger occupies the Megazord, taking another wound could destroy that Ranger, and deny the team the ability to use their Power Blaster.
I had just assumed that they would exit their Megazord as lithely as they entered it:
Spoiler Alert!

But turns out when the Megazord was defeated, it was not so graceful.
Spoiler Alert!

So I've no problem with them getting wounded. However, maybe roll one die for each Ranger, so it's not an auto distribution of 5 additional wounds after your Megazord is destroyed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Would need to do more research to confirm but so far as I can tell the Grid minis are unpainted and only available as part of the $72 game.

Those are good points. I think there's pros and cons to each.

On one hand, the Die Cast figures are cheap, painted, and the set includes Lord Zedd, Goldar, Green and White Rangers and Lord Drakkon, who are all great.

There's a few minis in there that are bits and pieces of Zeo, Dino Thunder, In Space, and Mystic Force. Maybe they work fine as stand alone units, I'm not sure, I'm not familiar with those characters. But if they're not useful, that drives the price per mini up a bit.

On the other hand, HotG is $65 on Amazon, down from $90, and it only came out August 2019. I could see it going down even more as time goes on, with patience paying off, especially as we near the holiday season.

It does include 34 miniatures, all of which are useful, including 3-4 squads of Putties and 3-4 squads of Super Putties, which are unique to that set. Though I could see some proxying with something like a Super Adaptoid figure.
So if one were only interested in the minis and not the game, 34 minis for $65 isn't too bad, IMO. Even better if one values the rest of the included game.

The minis are unpainted, but as far as the Rangers go, at the minimum just require a bit of black, white and silver paint, and a little black paint for the Putties.

I'll probably use the Grid figures, but I also agree the Die Cast figs are a solid option.
Old November 1st, 2020, 01:58 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I looked into the Battle for the Grid miniatures, and they're just way too big.

They'd tower over our normal figures, which sucks, because otherwise that line would be absolutely perfect for our purposes. I think they'd be very usable for monsters though, where the scale is a little bit wonkier (particularly in the comics where they're not constrained by the "guys in suits" technical limitation). So if there's enough interest I definitely see us going to that well for villains, though... and obviously great for proxies, particularly in a "Power Rangers only" game.

Personally I bought some old Micro Machines figures, which are perfectly in scale with our current minis. Cast is limited (main five, Green and White, Putties, civilian versions, and I believe Alpha), but they look excellent on the board.

But I'd definitely recommend grabbing the Nanometal set, because that's probably going to be the cheapest way to get most of the monsters and such.
Old November 2nd, 2020, 05:17 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for finding that. I'm going Nano!
Old December 13th, 2020, 08:43 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

NAME = GRIM REAPER
SECRET IDENTITY = ERIC WILLIAMS

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME LORD
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS / MANIPULATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

LETHAL LEGION
At the start of the game you may choose one Unique Hero you control that is not a Crime Fighter. For the entire game, the chosen figure has the class of Criminal instead of what is listed on its card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Grim Reaper, if Grim Reaper inflicted one or more wounds, you may take an immediate turn with a Unique Criminal or Unique Thief Hero you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Grim Reaper, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

INCEPHALO-STUNNER 14
After moving and instead of attacking, you may choose an adjacent figure and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher the chosen figure receives 1 wound and you may remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from that figure's Army Card.

LIFE ABSORBTION
If Grim Reaper inflicts any wounds on an adjacent figure that is not an Android, Construct, Undead, or destructible object with a normal attack, remove 1 Wound Marker from this card. At the end of a round, if Grim Reaper did not inflict any wounds, place 1 Wound Marker on this card.

Last edited by Dr. Jekyll; December 13th, 2020 at 09:50 PM.
Old December 13th, 2020, 08:49 PM

You had me at Grim Reaper. Yes please!

He looks pretty nasty! Seems like the move with Lethal Legion is to get bonding with a Hulk or Superman type and then some other Criminals. There's some other decent Criminal synergy out there, like with Penguin (II) for instance.

The Incephalo-Stunner power having a 35% chance to wound and remove an Order Marker and then heal him and give him a turn with Hulk seems pretty solid. Makes me want to run him with a D20 booster to up those odds, since there's such a solid payoff.

Old December 13th, 2020, 09:04 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I saw the Grim Reaper art work and got excited. Criminal faction has a decent bit of synergy, it might be tough on the points front recruiting anyone into it.
Old December 13th, 2020, 09:08 PM
Forum Moderator

Thanks. I remember someone saying something about Grim Reaper when I first joined the group. I decided to give him a shot. I did not intend for him to heal from the stunner however. I know the Lethal Legion is kinda out there as far as recruiting big guns. I would probably need some help to dumb it down if need be.
Old December 13th, 2020, 09:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

You clarify normal attack on the healing, Bats just missed it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy