Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 14th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Havok (Public Playtesting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I wasn't saying from misinterpretation, I was saying from theme breaks and then I'm just not a fan of having it open ended.
It's up to you, but if auto-wound powers can bypass it, units like Red Skull will become his best pairings, which I would rather avoid (though due to how Strategic Intervention works, he's a good combo for Red Skull either way; limiting the power like I'm saying would just help keep it in check).

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old August 14th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I'll think on it
Old August 14th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

@dok @Dysole @weebaer @Soundwarp SG-1 what are your thoughts on Strategic Intervention activation being contingent only on wounds from attacks or open ended (meaning: special powers, gyphs, lava, etc.)?
Old August 14th, 2015, 02:08 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Six of one

It'll be very close to the same. Slight body to red skull and maybe some others I'm forgetting. Would it break things either way? Not likely.

~Dysole, strategically
Old August 19th, 2015, 08:31 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Looks like Ronin and Fret submitted results. Did you get them, Karat?

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old August 19th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Yea. I just got busy and forgot to post them.
Old August 19th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Just wanted to make sure they were sent to you.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old August 20th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Here are Ronin's results. They are quite clearly post change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin
Spoiler Alert!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Havok

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Havok, Star-Lord, Red Skull, Doctor Strange, Beast Boy (Bear) (1000) vs Ms. Marvel, Wonder Woman, Drax (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Sacred Shrine
Units: Magneto II, Mystique II, Destiny, Blob, Havok (1005) vs Fantastic Four (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: The decision to give him a little bit of range was definitely a good one. I think it does a lot for his draftability, since otherwise you don't have much reason to take turns with him to build up his energy markers.

I'd consider bumping his cost down, closer to 190. He can do some cool stuff, but the tension between his different powers, and the fact that he has more of a "contingency" power than an actual leadership power keeps his value in check.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Solid take on Havok. Fun little leadership power, big energy explosions, decent physical stats. He's not bad in a Red Skull build, since Red Skull is one of few leadership units that relies on his attack. Havok makes a nice insurance policy for him, in case he flubs a roll or just can't get within normal attack range and has to rely on his Lugers (deliberately targeting someone who can easily block the Lugers is a solid choice here).

I'm not sure how well Havok'll really get on with Star-Lord, since his big gun is a special attack and the Mutant slot for Ragtag Tactics is competitive (and I think I'd much rather have Robot for a Strategist). Star-Lord's definitely an option for him, though.

I think my second test is fairly representative of how he'll work with the various Mutant leaders: an okay ranged hitter, with some backup leadership if your main guy gets taken down.

One fun/weird interaction is Doctor Strange: Strange has the option to ignore any wounds he would inflict and instead remove OMs from a figure's card. (Ultron can do something similar, but is an Event Hero, so no synergy) So Strange can attack, choose to remove OMs instead of place wounds, and then you can activate Strategic Intervention to bond.
Old August 20th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Now moves with Flying.

As far as fret's results, they needed some slight clarification before posting.

Last edited by Karat; August 20th, 2015 at 03:13 PM.
Old August 20th, 2015, 03:12 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Here are fret's results:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_gurglo
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Havok

Army Test
Map:Bridge of the Gods
Units:Bane (190), Havok (210), Mister Sinister (340), Star Lord (250) (990) vs CaptainMarvel (400), Kree Scout x6 (240), Ronan (360) (1000)

PowersUsed:
Cosmic Energy Absorption X: 2 from taking a turn, 3 from X OM
Strategic Intervention: 0 times
Plasma Burst Special Attack: 1 time using 3 Energy Markers
Damage from Special Attack: 1 wound
Damage from Normal Attack: 1 wound

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map:Arctic Redoubt
Units:Colossus (260), Cyclops (190), Havok (210) Mister Sinister (340) (1000)vs Destiny (55), Jubilee (60), MagnetoII (375), Mystique II (200), Rogue (300) (990)

PowersUsed:
Cosmic Energy Absorption X: 1 from taking a turn, 2 from X OM
Strategic Intervention: 2 times
Plasma Burst Special Attack: 0 times
Damage from Special Attack: 0 wounds
Damage from Normal Attack: 3 wounds

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: It only takes the right build to make Havok worth his cost. To me his big power is Strategic Intervention. It allows low to mid figures a turn to move and should they miss on their attack, give the big power houses a free turn.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Other than attacking figures in a group (which is easy to counter), his Special Attack is only slightly better than his normal attack with height. Thematically I kind of dislike this, as I’ve always seen him as a strong attacking figure. Instead his main power is Strategic Intervention. It takes a bit to really get the hang of it, but properly executed it is extremely powerful. I realize now why Havok played such a minor role in the first match-up, it was because the mid to low figures were timid of attacking due to Captain Marvel’s Cosmic Awareness power. They tended to only attack the Kree Scouts and damaging them, which meant that Havok couldn’t activate Strategic Intervention. However in the second match, mid-level Heroes (which included Havok himself) can take a turn and if they miss, still allow for a another Hero to have a second chance.
Old August 20th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Honestly, I'd have to agree with his assessment about his Special attack being only slightly better than his normal attack, so what would you all think about dropping his normal attack to 3 and bumping the base attack value to 4 for the special?
Old August 20th, 2015, 03:18 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Interesting take on SI. Sounds like he should be played with the rouges, who could benefit greatly from a second chance to inflict a wound.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library