Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old June 30th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Goblin Cutters - What's Your Army Idea?

Now that we have the latest preview it's time to make some swarms. The Cutters look like a great solution for heroes that are primarily worried about multiples of common ranged squads. So it's time to bring out some heavy hitters!

Catch the Wave
5xGoblin Cutters 250
Werewolf Lord 140
Iron Golem 100
24/490

Iggy and Wolfie will happily take on any heroes. Squaddie bodies fall under the weight of the massed Cutters

So what's your army idea?

~Aldin, who needs some 2x or 3x armies to save his wallet

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 30th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Goblin Cutters - What's Your Army Idea?

200 Goblin Cutters x4
100 Iron Golem x1
185 Zelrig

I've never actually wanted to play Zelrig before (185 is too much for a shotgun blast), but in an army like this I think he might be perfect. You can use the Iron Golem to hit spread out commons with Majestic fires, and if the Iron Golem Doesn't suck he'll help out against the multiple special attackers the Goblins don't want to go up against.

Plus Zelrig and the Goblins share a mechanic, so it sorf-of feels right pairing them up.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Last edited by Xn F M; June 30th, 2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: the Iron Golem trick doesn't ensure anything.
Old June 30th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Cut a (k)Rug

Brunak 110
Krug 230
Cutters x4 430
Air Elemental x2 490, 22 spaces
(Theracus 530, 24 spaces)

Cutters swarm, and Krug offers a potent anti-Q option. Brunak (and/or Theracus) carries an Air Elemental to help cut a path for either Blood Hungry or Krug's charge. Additionally, use Theracus (or Brunak) for a CutterBomb, delivering a lone cutter to the enemy to engage and hopefully initiate a Scurry activation on your opponent's turn.

Snack Packs
Cyprien 150
Cutters x5 400
Krav Maga 500, 24 spaces

Use the Cutter horde as mobile blood bags for Cyprien.

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; June 30th, 2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Added Cyprien build, and elaborated on the kRug.
Old June 30th, 2010, 03:31 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I agree with XN F M about this being a nice combo to use with the Zelrig/IG combo. I posted that same army in the prerelease thread (well, I posted it with cuttersx5 at 535, but same difference).

AE/Braxas is another army along the same lines:

110 Airborne Elite
210 Braxas
200 Goblin Cutters x4
520, 22 hexes
Old June 30th, 2010, 03:47 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Gobbies x10 500 points.
40 figures.

Explanation: FOURTY GOBLIN CUTTERS!!!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old June 30th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Gobbies x10 500 points.
40 figures.

Explanation: FOURTY GOBLIN CUTTERS!!!
Johnnie and James would have a field day!
Old June 30th, 2010, 03:59 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Q9 - 180
Raelin - 260
Cutters x5 - 510, 23 hexes

Q9 and Raelin set up and kill as much as possible, targeting figures with Special Attacks first. Cutters clean up.

Unoriginal? Yes. Effective? Yes.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 30th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Cuttersx4..//200
Ratsx5.....//400
Dividersx2.//500

Welcome To Cleveland Screeners!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 30th, 2010, 04:55 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Goblins X5
Iron Golem X2
Me-Berq-Sa

=500 Points.

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old June 30th, 2010, 05:37 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

...I got nothing. These guys look nice, but I can't imagine using them in one of my armies. Anything they can do, the Venocs could probably do better IMHO.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old June 30th, 2010, 05:37 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
...I got nothing. These guys look nice, but I can't imagine using them in one of my armies. Anything they can do, the Venocs could probably do better IMHO.
Except survive.

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:43 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Emo Army
Cutters x3 150
Alastair 260
Deathwalker 7k 360
Wolves of Badru 440
Eldgrim 470

Everybody's either a cutter, self-mutilator or suicidal. This might just win Gencon next year if it get the sympathy vote.

Insert other borderline insensitive remarks.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion