Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 9th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Brunak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrnix View Post
Use Brunak to carry Tandros Kreel up to Q9. Then laugh.
Brunak's Attack of 4 is not better than Tandros', and his Special Attack is not really helpful, unless he kills Q9 and has another target. Tandros could get cut down before Brunak has a chance to do much damage against Defense 7, and then Brunak can get cut down, too.

Old January 9th, 2010, 02:44 PM

Tyrnix is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrnix View Post
Use Brunak to carry Tandros Kreel up to Q9. Then laugh.
Brunak's Attack of 4 is not better than Tandros', and his Special Attack is not really helpful, unless he kills Q9 and has another target. Tandros could get cut down before Brunak has a chance to do much damage against Defense 7, and then Brunak can get cut down, too.
The point is you lose position. While Q9 is engaged to Tandros and Brunak, he can do nothing about the melee squad figures pounding on him. It opens the door for my squads to swarm him and bring him down and also takes him off my ranged squads, as well.
Old January 9th, 2010, 03:00 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ok, but you do realize that you just used 230 points to tie down a 180 figure so that your common melee guys can advance? In a higher point game that might be worth it, but in lower point games...

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old January 9th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
...but in lower point games...
...theracus+anybody else (even X17) would do the same job for a lot less.

Remember, Carry is not Brunak's purpose. Carry is an accessory, Carry is not the reason why Brunak costs 110 points.
Old January 9th, 2010, 03:16 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Major X17 and Theracus is a great example.

Old January 9th, 2010, 07:18 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Theracus+anybody else (even X17) would do the same job for a lot less.
X17 won't last long though. Melee defence 4 only works on normal melee attacks. Queglix will rip right through him.
Old March 20th, 2010, 12:05 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

killercactus was mentioning recently that he thinks Brunak is underused. He tossed out this neat army:

225 10th Regiment x3
80 Raelin RotV
80 Deathreavers x2
110 Brunak
495, 23 hexes

This army got me thinking about the ideal situations for Brunak in a top-notch army. As nice as it is to give Brunak a Nakita Agent or Thorgrim to tote around, he's probably most useful if his movement is allowing for free repositioning of Raelin.

So, the best use of the Brunak/Raelin combo would probably meet the following criteria:
  1. An army where Raelin is really useful - either adding defense to a key multi-life hero, or supporting low-defense figures that would otherwise get torn apart by common squad ranged fire.
  2. An army that relies on mobility and would have a hard time staying within Raelin's aura without repositioning.
  3. An army that could really use Brunak's blood hungry special attack for ratkilling.

The 10th regiment army killercactus cited meets the first and third criteria, but not really the second (you'd probably rather have Kaemon at 505). Heavy Gruts meet the first and second criteria, but not the third (Chomp+Disengage solves the rat problem).

One possibility for meeting all three is the dwarves:

210 Axegrinders x3
120 Mogrimm
60 Darrak
80 Raelin
110 Brunak
580, 17 hexes

At lower point levels, drop Mogrimm (of course, then you don't have a key hero to protect any more). It seems like a nice build to me.

Dropping down a tier, there's also the possibility of a Macdirk Army:

240 MacDirk Warriors x3
110 Alistair
80 Raelin
110 Brunak
540, 16 hexes

I'm not a fan of the MacDirks, but it seems like a decent way to play them.

The one that really has me excited, and definitely hits all three criteria, is the Greenroller:

180 Greenscale Warriors x3
210 Charos
80 Raelin
110 Brunak
580, 14 hexes

I think Brunak is a great fit in this army. I'll be trying this one out.

Last edited by dok; March 21st, 2010 at 11:27 AM. Reason: meant to say Chomp+Disengage, like Matthias always does
Old March 20th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
...but in lower point games...
...theracus+anybody else (even X17) would do the same job for a lot less.

Remember, Carry is not Brunak's purpose. Carry is an accessory, Carry is not the reason why Brunak costs 110 points.
Unless there's a river of Lava to cross.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; March 24th, 2022 at 03:50 PM.
Old March 20th, 2010, 09:01 AM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
killercactus was mentioning recently that he thinks Brunak is underused. He tossed out this neat army:

225 10th Regiment x3
80 Raelin RotV
80 Deathreavers x2
110 Brunak
495, 23 hexes

This army got me thinking about the ideal situations for Brunak in a top-notch army. As nice as it is to give Brunak a Nakita Agent or Thorgrim to tote around, he's probably most useful if his movement is allowing for free repositioning of Raelin.

So, the best use of the Brunak/Raelin combo would probably meet the following criteria:
  1. An army where Raelin is really useful - either adding defense to a key multi-life hero, or supporting low-defense figures that would otherwise get torn apart by common squad ranged fire.
  2. An army that relies on mobility and would have a hard time staying within Raelin's aura without repositioning.
  3. An army that could really use Brunak's blood hungry special attack for ratkilling.
The 10th regiment army killercactus cited meets the first and third criteria, but not really the second (you'd probably rather have Kaemon at 505). Heavy Gruts meet the first and second criteria, but not the third (Grimnak+Chomp solves the rat problem).

One possibility for meeting all three is the dwarves:

210 Axegrinders x3
120 Mogrimm
60 Darrak
80 Raelin
110 Brunak
580, 17 hexes

At lower point levels, drop Mogrimm. It seems like a nice build to me.

Dropping down a tier, there's also the possibility of a Macdirk Army:

240 MacDirk Warriors x3
110 Alistair
80 Raelin
110 Brunak
540, 16 hexes

I'm not a fan of the MacDirks, but it seems like a decent way to play them.

The one that really has me excited, and definitely hits all three criteria, is the Greenroller:

180 Greenscale Warriors x3
210 Charos
80 Raelin
110 Brunak
580, 14 hexes

I think Brunak is a great fit in this army. I'll be trying this one out.

I've played the Raelin/Brunak combo a few times with the Anubian wolves. They are normally too fast for Raelin but with Brunak carrying her she can keep up and have a special attack in Brunak so you don't waste a turn not attacking while you get her in position. It actually has worked great the few times I've used it. My base army is usually:

Raelin
Brunak
Anubian Wolvesx4

I usually just add to that depending on point totals.

6 defense wolves that move 6 are pretty nasty to take down.

Dustin
Old March 20th, 2010, 09:48 AM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is not a competitive army. This is a fun army for casual games only.

One of my favorite things to do is to have Red Skull riding Brunak around the map. Add in a powerful ranged hero who can take out swarms that would hurt Brunak and Red Skull. I pick Major Q10 for this. Next a strong anti hero unit for cleanup. I usually play either Atlaga or the Feral Troll. The disadvatage of playing the Feral Troll is that he doesn't regenerate when being activated by Red Skull. Though by the time your ready to use him Red Skull will probably be destroyed. Brunak also can shield Red Skull from ranged attacks while running around the battlefield, keeping Red Skull away from the action.

Brunak-110
Red Skull-300
Q10-450
Feral Troll/Crixus/Atlaga-540

Old March 20th, 2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:

225 10th Regiment x3
80 Raelin RotV
80 Deathreavers x2
110 Brunak
495, 23 hexes
</p>I used Brunak, Raelin, Isamu and 4 x 10th Regiment at Islanscape II. I won with this army, and that was due to first carrying Raelin around to save order markers on her; then using Brunak to block important roadways. Finally I just moved in the endless supply of 10th Regiment. This army did not fare so well at GenCon against Frenzy .

Old March 20th, 2010, 11:29 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:

225 10th Regiment x3
80 Raelin RotV
80 Deathreavers x2
110 Brunak
495, 23 hexes
</p>I used Brunak, Raelin, Isamu and 4 x 10th Regiment at Islanscape II. I won with this army, and that was due to first carrying Raelin around to save order markers on her; then using Brunak to block important roadways. Finally I just moved in the endless supply of 10th Regiment. This army did not fare so well at GenCon against Frenzy .
See, you needed some Rats to get in the way of those pesky Vipers

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units