Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old November 22nd, 2013, 12:32 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Announcing the Public Heroscape Map Database!

With the demise / disappearance of the Heroscape.cz map database, I was thinking it might be a good idea to create a public database / spreadsheet / index that anyone could add to. You can add maps, with the information on download location, author, what sets are needed, number of players, etc. And you can go to the spreadsheet, filter for the sets that you want to use, see the results, and click through to the download page.

The Database is available in Google Docs.

We are currently looking for volunteers to upload map information from the Heroscapers data -- see the Upload Signup tab to volunteer. Also, feel free to get this started by uploading your own map creations!

Please leave any feedback or suggestions in this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by IshMEL; January 15th, 2014 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Launch!
Old November 22nd, 2013, 12:58 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Map Database?

I don't have any maps myself, but I would volunteer to do some data entry from the 'downloads' section that contains maps. I think those usable ones should be transferred over.

I think the way to do it would be to first decide on the sortable criteria we want to have.

Then make a signup sheet for volunteers to enter the download section maps. Break the signup sheet down by number of sets used and then alphabetical (since that is how it is organized there)

Something like
1 Set Used #-F
1 Set Used G-L
1 Set Used M-R
1 Set Used S-Z
2 Sets Used #-F
2 Set Used G-L

.... and so on
Old November 22nd, 2013, 01:44 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Great idea on the "signup" sheet.

I had done an initial take on a map spreadsheet for the Hextreme spreadsheet, so I just put that up on Google docs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lE&usp=sharing

Any thoughts on the sortable criteria here?
Old November 22nd, 2013, 02:52 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post

I had done an initial take on a map spreadsheet for the Hextreme spreadsheet, so I just put that up on Google docs:

Those all seem like good things to sort by, and I can't really think of anything else. Except instead of "Type" I would say "BoV" and then have "Inducted", "Reviewed", "No", and "Not Applicable" (for maps that don't fit BoV guidelines).
Old November 22nd, 2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post

Those all seem like good things to sort by, and I can't really think of anything else. Except instead of "Type" I would say "BoV" and then have "Inducted", "Reviewed", "No", and "Not Applicable" (for maps that don't fit BoV guidelines).
Well I was thinking of C3G and HoSS as other "types". We'd have to have some standard list.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 08:58 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker

I kind of do this very thing with my maps now. (See Sig). I would say that size and number of players / teams would also be helpful search criteria.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old December 1st, 2013, 01:55 AM

Shifty-PK Woo who?

Very nice, Im looking for such a solution as it takes me ages to select a map now. Let me know how i can help!

Not sure if possible but a small tumbnail of the map would be nice!����
Old December 2nd, 2013, 12:05 PM

Well I did a second pass at the format. Thumbnail is a great idea so I included it (all you have to do is go to the download page for the map, left-click on the thumbnail and select "copy image location", and then put =image("pasted-image-location.jpg") in the right box). Also added number of glyphs and height of map. I don't know if height is useful, and I don't know if it should include the height of trees or LoS blockers. Any thoughts on this?

I put in a "team" column and added one of Dignan's maps as a test case. Any thoughts on how this is handled? I put it as 4 players, even though you could play it as 2 players, and the start zone is listed as each player's zone, not the total team's zone. I think this makes sense but am open to suggestions.
Old January 12th, 2014, 04:55 AM

Shifty-PK Woo who?

So what's the next step?
Can we start filling the sheet by ourself?

Perhaps its an idea to devide the tasks, for ex fill in maps 1 to 100 from the download page by person 1 etc?
Old January 15th, 2014, 12:11 PM

Thanks for following up on this. I need to write up some instructions for the database and make a signup sheet.
Old January 15th, 2014, 01:14 PM

OK, so I wrote up instructions and made a signup sheet for volunteers. I put the data on the C3G Maps that I had from their spreadsheet, but the data isn't complete. Go on, sign up for a Map Uploader Volunteer slot! Let’s get this thing going!
Old February 2nd, 2014, 07:59 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Announcing the Public Heroscape Map Database!

Wow, what a great idea! It'll be a fantastic boon to the community. Thanks a lot to IshMEL and everyone else who joins in for taking the time to spearhead this.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios