Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old February 24th, 2018, 11:29 AM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
BEWARE OF SLEESTAK
Start the game with 3 of your Sleestak Raiders on the battlefield as normal and all your other Sleestak Raiders in reserve. Before taking a turn, you may place your Sleestak Raiders from reserve on empty spaces within 8 spaces of a Sleestak you control up to a maximum of 3 of your Sleestak Raiders on the battlefield.

FLEE FROM LIGHT
If a Sleestak Raider is attacked with an adjacent attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-6, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 7 or higher, the Sleestak Raider takes no damage and instead may move up to 4 spaces. Sleestak Raiders can flee only if they're not on a dungeon or shadow space but end their movement on one. A fleeing Sleestak Raider can't be attacked with leaving engagement attacks.

Spoiler Alert!
The only issue I can see is the wording at the end of Free from Light. It should read 'A Sleestak Raider that moves using Flee From Light will not take any leaving engagement attacks.'

One thing I thought of was if Flee From Light should also work if the Sleestak was under an overhang. That would fit thematically and I can't see any issues with the rules, nor would it be overpowered due to the low number of maps with overhangs.
Old February 25th, 2018, 12:48 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
BEWARE OF SLEESTAK
Start the game with 3 of your Sleestak Raiders on the battlefield as normal and all your other Sleestak Raiders in reserve. Before taking a turn, you may place your Sleestak Raiders from reserve on empty spaces within 8 spaces of a Sleestak you control up to a maximum of 3 of your Sleestak Raiders on the battlefield.

FLEE FROM LIGHT
If a Sleestak Raider is attacked with an adjacent attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-6, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 7 or higher, the Sleestak Raider takes no damage and instead may move up to 4 spaces. Sleestak Raiders can flee only if they're not on a dungeon or shadow space but end their movement on one. A fleeing Sleestak Raider can't be attacked with leaving engagement attacks.

Spoiler Alert!
The only issue I can see is the wording at the end of Free from Light. It should read 'A Sleestak Raider that moves using Flee From Light will not take any leaving engagement attacks.'

One thing I thought of was if Flee From Light should also work if the Sleestak was under an overhang. That would fit thematically and I can't see any issues with the rules, nor would it be overpowered due to the low number of maps with overhangs.
Good catch with that last sentence.
Adding overhangs would add more words to the power than you might think. I'd rather not, but I'm up for discussion.

FLEE FROM LIGHT (v1)
If a Sleestak Raider is attacked with an adjacent attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-6, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 7 or higher, the Sleestak Raider takes no damage, can't be attacked with leaving engagement attacks this turn, and may move up to 4 spaces. Sleestak Raiders can flee only if they're not on a dungeon or shadow space but end their movement on one.

FLEE FROM LIGHT (v2)
If a Sleestak Raider is attacked with an adjacent attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-6, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 7 or higher, the Sleestak Raider takes no damage and may move up to 4 spaces. When a Sleestak Raider starts to flee, if it's engaged it will not take any leaving engagement attacks. Sleestak Raiders can flee only if they're not on a dungeon or shadow space but end their movement on one.

FLEE FROM LIGHT (v3)
If a Sleestak Raider is attacked with an adjacent attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-6, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 7 or higher, the Sleestak Raider takes no damage and may move up to 4 spaces. If a Sleestak Raider starts to flee when it's engaged, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks. Sleestak Raiders can flee only if they're not on a dungeon or shadow space but end their movement on one.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old March 12th, 2018, 10:19 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

FLEE FROM LIGHT (v4)
Before rolling defense dice against an adjacent normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 7 or higher, the Sleestak Raider rolls no defense dice, takes no damage this turn, and may move up to 4 spaces. A Sleestak Raider can flee only if it's not on a dungeon or shadow space but ends its movement on one.

Old March 14th, 2018, 08:27 PM

FLEE FROM LIGHT (v5)
Before rolling defense dice against an adjacent normal attack, if the Sleestak Raider is not on a dungeon or shadow space, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 7 or higher, the Sleestak Raider rolls no defense dice and takes no damage this turn. To Flee From Light, a Sleestak Raider must be within 4 clear spaces of a dungeon or shadow space. After rolling the 7 or higher, move the Sleestak Raider to the space.

FLEE FROM LIGHT
(v5.2)
Before rolling defense dice against an adjacent normal attack, if the Sleestak Raider is not on a dungeon or shadow space, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 7 or higher, the Sleestak Raider rolls no defense dice and takes no damage this attack. To Flee From Light, a Sleestak Raider must be within 4 clear spaces of a dungeon or shadow space. After rolling the 7 or higher, move the Sleestak Raider to the space.

Last edited by Confred; March 14th, 2018 at 08:46 PM.
Old March 14th, 2018, 09:58 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Am I still welcome on this side of the boards?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old March 14th, 2018, 10:42 PM

Let's get this party started!
500 Points in Sleestak Raiders = 30 figures; 3 on the battlefield (lol)

Old March 14th, 2018, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Am I still welcome on this side of the boards?

absolutely

Old March 16th, 2018, 10:42 PM

As of the very first engagement, flags are flying.
Flee From Light is currently like Disappearing Ninja - It may need to be like Scatter
In other words, it feels weird that they aren't fleeing in response to being shot at.
Note: these are initial thoughts. Their retaliation OM hasn't happened yet.

And sure enough Beware Of Sleestak is actually quite cool. Guy in white could have "dropped" into engagement on both Kyrie. Instead he's in assassin position. Note: Unlike Zombies Rise Again, newly placed Sleestak may move and attack. That's a 12 or so space strike range. Note2: He's also in Flee distance.

I'm actually liking their quirks and drawbacks. As they die, more emerge. It's very strong, but if you successfully kill them all in one turn, they're done. Most importantly tho, they feel like the characters they represent.

They were able to deep strike raid assassinate Atlaga, a 50 Point figure by expending like three squads or 150 figure points before being chased underground for good with 22 odd figures remaining.
It was an experience. They have powerful abilities attached to reasonable but not overpowered bodies. Most armies will have ranged units to take these out. Many battlefields won't even have dungeon or shadow spaces to Flee to. But overall, there is a big flavor win. When creating customs, the goal isn't to make the strongest figure possible but to make a figure that isn't redundant. These fit a different roll. More like Venocs or Airborne Elite or even Zombies. They're just cool. I worded their powers so I understand what I'm looking at. These just now have a vote to go through to see if others understand what's going on.
PS: the current wording doesn't address engagements. So I do have that to work on before a final vote.

Last edited by Confred; March 16th, 2018 at 11:25 PM.
Old March 16th, 2018, 11:57 PM

Thumbs up Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

@SirGalahad , @Zetsubo , @McHotcakes , @JC McMinis , @CJtheMighty , @Tornado , @Taeblewalker , @Sir Yeshua , @Ericth74 , I say this is ready for a vote:

Sleestak Raiders
Utgar

Sleestak
Common Squad
Hunters ???
Menacing
Medium 6

Life 1
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3
Points 50

BEWARE OF SLEESTAK

FLEE FROM LIGHT
Before rolling defense dice against an adjacent normal attack, if the Sleestak Raider is not on a dungeon or shadow space, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 7 or higher, the Sleestak Raider rolls no defense dice and takes no damage this attack. To Flee From Light, a Sleestak Raider must be within 4 clear spaces of a dungeon or shadow space. After rolling the 7 or higher, move the Sleestak Raider to the space. If a Sleestak Raider is engaged when it starts to Flee From Light, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Last edited by Confred; March 17th, 2018 at 01:43 AM.
Old March 17th, 2018, 10:50 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Not sure I should have a vote here but I think you all did a great job!
Great memories of this show.

Where do I campaign for Grumpy?
Old March 17th, 2018, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Not sure I should have a vote here but I think you all did a great job!
Great memories of this show.

Where do I campaign for Grumpy?
Lol what season/ episode?

Old March 17th, 2018, 11:18 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

The design looks great to me. If we're voting I give it a yea.

I'm excited to build Spock as my next unit!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum