Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 23rd, 2023, 05:42 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Arrow Grut Customs

Updated Scrapyard. Going to add another custom later today (not sure which one from my notepad).

Went ahead and fixed up the wording and added some reliability to the collection. Made the Scrapyard a Soulborg for two reasons; now they want to be firing as soon as possible after collecting in most cases so bonding helps with that and the timing of it, not to mention it making thematic sense. It also gives them the soulborg immunities without adding a power, and construct made less sense and was more unwieldy.

Thank you again @yammisflash for all the help! Time to find a mini!!

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by Arrow Grut; July 23rd, 2023 at 06:05 PM.
Old July 24th, 2023, 03:28 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really like the changes to Scrapyard!
Old August 2nd, 2023, 12:11 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
I really like the changes to Scrapyard!
Thanks Myriadite! Hoping to test him soon. Y'all feedback has been crucial.

Added 2 new customs. These have a little less polish.

Old August 2nd, 2023, 11:30 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Magnetised Scrap Collection includes opponents' Utgar Soulborgs? Scrap Bombardment affects all opponents' units on the map? Deathreavers as ammo? Vengeance Protocol gives you back DW 9000, if it was previously destroyed?

Crazily creative! "No idea on points, though likely in the 150-200 range." My guess would be on the high end, but I have no idea either.

Next Generation

Old August 2nd, 2023, 05:20 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Well met!

Magnetised Scrap Collection includes opponents' Utgar Soulborgs? Scrap Bombardment affects all opponents' units on the map? Deathreavers as ammo? Vengeance Protocol gives you back DW 9000, if it was previously destroyed?

Crazily creative! "No idea on points, though likely in the 150-200 range." My guess would be on the high end, but I have no idea either.

Magnetisized Scrap collection affects all Unique Hero soulborgs regardless of who they follow! I like the theme behind finally taking down Q9 and launching him at your opponent.

I'm hoping the cannon feels like big wannok. Only testing will tell.

Thank you for the kind words!

Old August 16th, 2023, 03:14 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Finally got a playtest in for the Ironbound.

Armies were:

Ironbound
Raelin

vs

Warforged x4

(Delta pricing)

Pretty simple and quick game. Ironbound held up until he didn't. I delayed getting Ironbound into the thick of it until Corruption kicked in on the second round, and always kept him from getting triple engaged or engaged in a way that would allow him to get moved out of Raelin's aura by tactical switch.

The sword boomerang being able to hit Raelin means that I often opted to bonk a Warforged quite hard with my regular attack until I was losing bad. Speaking of losing bad... It doesn't matter if you have 1-die-blocks-all defense if you wiff. Ironbound took 4 wounds all in one turn after being switched to low ground and only recouped one by using Reaper.

I need to try him with a full army to show the full effect of Raelin and sequence Ironbound more safely. However, this is a good showing that he isn't too good that he can solo a horde of squads with Raelin, which is not his purpose. Looking forward to his next test.

Old September 3rd, 2023, 08:09 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Got in a solo playtest of Zettain Scrapyard.

The armies were:

Armocs x3
Azurite
Zogross

vs.

Scrapyard
DW8K
ZI x2

on Grayscale

I thought this would be a slam dunk for the armocs. Azurite can march across the board and bonk DW8K with no screen and then do it again after he is revived.

Round 1

Posturing occurs where DW8K plays on northern concrete 7-hex. Azurite moves up, along with Armocs into the shadow. Zogross also advances where he can reach Wannok as it is very good into the 1 life Zettain army. 8K rapid fires one viper and hits Azurite for one wound despite both being in shadow, while Armocs clear one ZI.

Round 2

Deciding that limiting ZI deaths was more important than denying azurite low ground attacks on 8K, I leave a gap in favoring of better defensive positioning for ZI. Azzy obliges and engages and misses the kill on 8K. Armocs kill 2 kill ZI on their turn 1. Things are looking bad for the Zettains, as Azurite swings forward and hits at the Scrapyard. After hitting a few more wounds on Azzy and backing up further into the startzone, DWK goes down.

On OM3, the factory self-destructs and rains down scrap on the armocs 6 of ten skulls. Three Armocs die and 3 wounds are placed onto Zogross. A revived 8K nearly would hold out, but eventually a lone Zogross would march across the board and finish the job against him and a remaining Zettain.

The game was very close, and by that metric the figure was balanced for this particular game. However, I put myself in the Armoc's position. That was not fun. Six out of 10 was pretty close to average, but it's effect in this smaller game were devastating. Devastating figures are fine, Nilfheim and Braxas wreck armies every day in Valhalla. The issue arises that no amount of positioning, correct decisions, or even luck on the Armoc player's part could have changed it. They couldn't even roll defense!

It gets worse though. I was able to bombard once this game. If this was 505 point delta game, I could have drafted 7K, who I could have blown up in my startzone, launched, and thrown 7 more dice. What if bombard ends a game? That would feel awful.

It gets EVEN worse though. What if you are the Zettain player and an Arrow Grut kills your Scrapyard before you are able to launch or have a dead Deathwalker? Do you cry? Probably.

Geez, who designed this figure?

Back to the drawing board. I think I will keep Magnetized Scrap Collection and Vengeance Protocol but Bombard needs a rework. There have been many good suggestions, time to implement them and come back with something better.

Last edited by Arrow Grut; September 3rd, 2023 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Spelling Erors
Old October 16th, 2023, 12:54 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's great to see a battle report of this! I am curious what you used as a miniature for this game (perhaps a small clothing iron?).

I see what you mean regarding Scrap Bombardment. Since allowing the enemy figures to roll defense would really nerf the effectiveness of the power, some possible fixes are:
  1. Adding a range limit (allowing figures to be kept out of the "danger zone")
  2. Adding a line of sight requirement (allowing figures to take shelter behind trees or other figures)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
It gets worse though. I was able to bombard once this game. If this was 505 point delta game, I could have drafted 7K, who I could have blown up in my startzone, launched, and thrown 7 more dice. What if bombard ends a game? That would feel awful.
For what it is worth, Deathwalker 7K is medium and therefore not eligible for Magnetized Scrap Collection.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards