Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 13th, 2023, 12:59 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Kolakoski,

We don't know yet if we'll have a third Good Player, as if we only get one more player he may play an Evil one. Do you want to run the other canned Good army you propose as well?
Old October 13th, 2023, 02:53 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
TBH, I think the armies I put together for the good guys make more sense than an all-hero army. I designed armies on both sides to have two squads each, so they strike a nice balance between Heroscape and Squadscape. Someone should definitely take either the Knight army or the Dwarf army as written.
All true, I suppose. However, Asterios is the perfect counter to the bad guys' squads. The other heroes have, or have the potential to have, multiple attacks. They also have a good chance against the bad guys' heroes and whatever demon they summon. But, most importantly, Bahadur and Prince al'Kahora have been specifically paired before and have a fun back story with us; Kozil, only recently hitting the table for us, has been fun and effective; Kumiko has a power similar to Asterios'; and Martial La Hire is quite strong, and interesting, for a 70 point filler. Making "more sense" isn't as important to me as the continuing creation of a fun, personal lore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Kolakoski,

We don't know yet if we'll have a third Good Player, as if we only get one more player he may play an Evil one. Do you want to run the other canned Good army you propose as well?
In other words, for me, Heroscape is not just about winning, or calculating the greatest advantage, or what "makes sense." And, given the armies most folks construct, neither is it to most of you. The story - the characters, the setting - is primary. Certain figures/cards speak to me in this way. Heroic stories require heroic figures. Enough said . . . ?

chas, if I read you correctly, I'll be happy to field the Dwarves (Migol Ironwill, Mogrim Forgehammer and Shieldsmiths of Granitekeep x2 (390 points)) in addition to Kozil, Asterios, Prince al'Kahora, and Martial La Hire (400 points). It should be legendary!

Next Generation

Old October 13th, 2023, 04:08 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Great! Thanks K!

I guess that means that SD will pick one of the evil armies and I'll play the other two, unless he wants to play two armies like he did the last time I ran a scenario.

Also, just to reiterate, the good guy armies will be using the second wind rules for the second map.

Old October 13th, 2023, 04:16 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My apologies for needing to ask, but what armies have been picked so far? To put it another way, what armies are still available to take?

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old October 13th, 2023, 04:34 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

P.S.: Of course, Kaemon Awa would be absolutely perfect for this scenario, but that would be too easy . . .

120 Asterios
120 Kaemon Awa
80 Prince al'Kahora
80 Kumiko
400 points, 4 spaces

Next Generation

Old October 13th, 2023, 04:59 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherDarkrai View Post
My apologies for needing to ask, but what armies have been picked so far? To put it another way, what armies are still available to take?
I didn't realize you were able to make it. The armies left over are the evil armies:

Arrow Gruts x2, Swog Riders x2 and Krug

Death Chasers x2 and Ogre Warhulk

Horn Skull Brutes x2 and Goblin Cutters x2

For the second map, the evil players will choose between:

Zombies x4

Skeletons of Anallentia x2, Iskra and the Rechets

Sudema and Crypt Guardians x3

The demon that will be summoned (if Sudema is still alive at the end of round 6) will be Morgoloth.

Old October 13th, 2023, 05:03 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
I didn't realize you were able to make it. The armies left over are the evil armies:

Zombies x4

The demon that will be summoned (if Sudema is still alive at the end of round 6) will be Morgoloth.
I will indeed be able to make it! I'll go with the Horned Skull Brutes/Cutters army, followed by the Sudema/Crypts army for the second map.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old October 13th, 2023, 06:02 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
P.S.: Of course, Kaemon Awa would be absolutely perfect for this scenario, but that would be too easy . . .

120 Asterios
120 Kaemon Awa
80 Prince al'Kahora
80 Kumiko
400 points, 4 spaces

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Zombies x4

I will indeed be able to make it! I'll go with the Horned Skull Brutes/Cutters army, followed by the Sudema/Crypts army for the second map.
Uh oh! Thrasher is awful good and, partnered with Sherman and Taeblewalker, my confidence might be hubris . . .

Next Generation

Old October 13th, 2023, 06:37 PM

Well met!

Now that we know where we are:

Thrasher: Horn Skull Brutes x 2 and Goblin Cutters x 2 and (Second Map) Sudema and Crypt Guardians x 3

Sherman: Arrow Gruts x 2, Swog Riders x 2 and Krug [I] and (Second Map) Zombies x 4

Taeblewalker: Death Chasers x 2 and Ogre Warhulk and (Second Map) Skeletons of Annellintia x 2, Iskra and the Rechets of Bogdan

v.s.

chas: Syvarris, Sonlen and Aubrien Archers x 2

kolakoski: Migol Ironwill, Mogrim Forgehammer and Shieldsmiths of Granitekeep x 2 and which of the following?

1. Asterios, Bahadur, Kumiko, and Prince al'Kahora or

2. Kozil, Asterios, Prince al'Kahora, and Martial La Hire or

3. Asterios, Kaemon, Kumiko, and Prince al'Kahora

Next Generation

Last edited by kolakoski; October 15th, 2023 at 10:29 AM.
Old October 13th, 2023, 09:13 PM

It's up to Sherman to pick his two evil armies (one for each map).

Old October 14th, 2023, 12:42 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Hah! The more they tighten their fist, the more order markers will slip through their fingers...
Old October 14th, 2023, 11:10 AM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Hah! The more they tighten their fist, the more order markers will slip through their fingers...
Evil's choices have been made:

Thrasher: Horn Skull Brutes x 2 and Goblin Cutters x 2 and (Second Map) Sudema and Crypt Guardians x 3

Sherman: Arrow Gruts x 2, Swog Riders x 2 and Krug and (Second Map) Zombies x 4

Taeblewalker: Death Chasers x 2 and Ogre Warhulk and (Second Map) Skeletons of Annellintia x 2, Iskra and the Rechets of Bogdan

The monster to be summoned is Z'toth, Mouth of the Abyss.

As have Good's:

chas: Syvarris, Sonlen and Aubrien Archers x 2

kolakoski: Migol Ironwill, Mogrim Forgehammer and Shieldsmiths of Granitekeep x 2

kolakoski: Kozil, Asterios, Prince al'Kahora, and Martial La Hire

Long life to our Heroes! Death to the forces of Evil!

Next Generation

Last edited by kolakoski; October 16th, 2023 at 12:03 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion