Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 12th, 2020, 12:05 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I understand that specials can break the rules established for what an attack can do, in many many ways. I also think that its dumb how many abilities are completely invalidated by special attacks. I realize that you can't cover every edge case that a special could fall into, but "at least 1 skull is rolled" has been used officially, and it actually does what I was intending, by only letting Lee Jun get a marker if the opponent doesn't blank.
Old November 12th, 2020, 12:18 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I understand that specials can break the rules established for what an attack can do, in many many ways. I also think that its dumb how many abilities are completely invalidated by special attacks. I realize that you can't cover every edge case that a special could fall into, but "at least 1 skull is rolled" has been used officially, and it actually does what I was intending, by only letting Lee Jun get a marker if the opponent doesn't blank.
I was pretty shocked when Isamu came out, and the ODs after that came up with more stuff that triggered on specials. That has caused no end to rules headaches. Worse, it opened the door for customs designers to trigger things off of specials as well. Every time we add one, we increase the density of the morass. Eventually it will become impossible to make any such powers or new special attacks without breaking other powers. Sure, it's dumb that some abilities don't work against special attacks, but that's the price for having a nearly unbounded design space with special attacks (in a troublingly lightly-defined ruleset, no less).

But yes, there is precedent to rely on here with Vanish, and simply adding a marker isn't likely to cause any additional issues.
Old November 12th, 2020, 01:25 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Honestly, Lee Juin doesn't excite me. He's not likely to get (m)any of the markers in a game, and while he does add a cheaper multi-attacking hero to the monks, I don't see him doing it well since players can just ignore him in favor of attacking the other monks.

I think I'd prefer to see him at 4D or 4A to give him some more impact on the battlefield, or more bite to convince opponents to attack him. With a price to suit of course.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 12th, 2020, 01:27 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd love to see Ajay Shah III with both a rider and with just Trample Stomp and Dismiss the Rabble. Not sure if its feasible on an army card, though. With a significant price bump.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 12th, 2020, 01:57 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I am open to name suggestions for "close quarters expert". Does "close quarters combat expert" sound better?
I think that it does, personally. Just "Close Quarters Expert" makes me feel like something is missing. It sounds clunkier, though, but I wouldn't downvote solely over that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
GENERAL = Einar
NAME = Ajay Shah III
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique
CLASS = Warlord
PERSONALITY = Disciplined
SIZE/HEIGHT = Huge 8

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 175

POWER 1: Trample Stomp
At any point while moving, Ajay Shah III may choose a small or medium figure that is adjacent, on the same level, and on a space where Ajay Shah III may end his movement. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-7, the figure is safe and Ajay Shah III's movement ends. If you roll 8-20, the chosen figure receives one wound. If the wound destroys the figure, move Ajay Shah III onto the space occupied, and you may continue Ajay Shah III's movement. If the chosen figure is not destroyed, Ajay Shah III's movement ends. Ajay Shah III must be on a space where he can end movement each time he uses this power.
POWER 2: Steady Charge
Ajay Shah III rolls 1 additional attack dice when attacking any figure or destructible object that was at least 1 clear sight space away from Ajay Shah III at the start of his turn. Ajay Shah cannot use Steady Charge if he already used Trample Stomp this turn.
POWER 3: Dismiss The Rabble
When rolling defense dice against adjacent attacking small or medium Squad figures, Ajay Shah III receives 1 additional defense die.
A War Elephant would be pretty fun, though I'm wary of him as a bonding option for Romans/Sacred Band, even at 200+ points. Tor-Kul-Na is already 220 points, and Nagrubs are much weaker in terms of bonding than the Romans are. A higher cost and lack of healing can balance it out, but Ajay Shah III has to be careful to not dull what makes Tor-Kul-Na special.

I also agree with what others have said about the complexity/length of the powers here. You'd be better off focusing on just one or two of the three if you want to use Trample Stomp.

Finally, it's worth noting that SoV submissions expect submitted miniatures to be plentiful and affordable (typically with a minimum of 50+ copies of the sculpt for sale online at reasonable prices). I haven't checked the availability of the proposed mini outside of the link you provided, but that site only has 2 copies for sale at $25 each. You may need to find a different miniature if this one is too rare and expensive online, unfortunately.
Old November 12th, 2020, 03:02 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I found these, thinking of one of them for the rider possibly
https://awminiatures.com/product/im6...n-clothes-x-6/
Got them and the elephant on ebay for $10 and $18 respectively.
Pricey, but that's why I made Unique Hero
Pricewise it's still cheaper than mounted Hrognak, but I'm assuming the Orc and the Trihorn used to be cheaper back in the day.

What about no trample Stomp and just the Steady Charge and Dismiss the Rabble (for 190ish or something), would that work? Also sorry didn't realize this was for mostly completed stuff, where is the best place to workshop? Also I have the elephant mini and it would go perfectly on a peanut.
Old November 12th, 2020, 03:36 PM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Honestly, Lee Juin doesn't excite me. He's not likely to get (m)any of the markers in a game, and while he does add a cheaper multi-attacking hero to the monks, I don't see him doing it well since players can just ignore him in favor of attacking the other monks.

I think I'd prefer to see him at 4D or 4A to give him some more impact on the battlefield, or more bite to convince opponents to attack him. With a price to suit of course.
If the opponent wants to ignore him, that's your opportunity to be really annoying and in the way with him. His kit is designed to be most effective when you rush into the thick of as many opponent's figures as possible. If your opponents ignore him, that's an opening for you to abuse. He has a Krug like effect, where you want to avoid hitting him until you can focus him, but he has the tools to make it harder to focus him the more you want to.
Old November 20th, 2020, 08:37 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
@Leaf_It and I are working on a common squad together. Let us know what you think

We like the simple and thematic design so far...looking to hear any feedback as we refine it and keep playtesting this version.
Oh Man, this is an exciting squad. They look cool on the battlefield and 2/2 is awesome. Swarm armies are great.

I don't have many notes beyond what was mentioned, but Scorpions move quick when they want to.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old November 21st, 2020, 08:00 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I dig those Scorps.
Old November 28th, 2020, 09:21 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I like Lee Juin, including the 3/3 statline @Captain Stupendous

I'm not sure I see the issue with him taking a marker when he receives no wounds from a special attack, personally, although I agree in general that making powers trigger off of special attacks is problematic.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 28th, 2020, 11:29 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I like Lee Juin, including the 3/3 statline @Captain Stupendous

I'm not sure I see the issue with him taking a marker when he receives no wounds from a special attack, personally, although I agree in general that making powers trigger off of special attacks is problematic.
I think you may have intended to mention @Leaf_It ?
Old November 28th, 2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I like Lee Juin, including the 3/3 statline

There isn't a huge issue with him receiving markers from a blanked special attack, but it's way easier to word the power if it does work that way.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards