Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 8th, 2010, 06:43 PM

ICEMASTER is surprisingly tart
Fen Hydra help.

I have been playing heroscape games with FBD88 and I was using 3x arrow gruts, Mimring, Krug, 2x Swog Riders and a Drow chain fighter. FBD88 was using 2x Fen Hydra, Nilfhiem, and a squad of Green Scale warriors. FBD88 would send out his Fen Hydra and rip me to shreds. He didn't even use Nilfiem or the Green Scale warriors. Does anybody know how to beat the Fen Hydra?

As in the words of rednax.What does neg-rep accomplish that a kindly-worded PM can't, besides possibly angering the recipient?
Old March 8th, 2010, 06:47 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Fen Hydra help.

Try different combos of units.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old March 8th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, having nine low defense and attack units versus four high-power attacks doesn't help. Just focus on using the heroes to take out the Hydras, and attack the Hydras from range and height with the gruts.

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old March 8th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Without having seen the game I'm not certain why Mimring wasn't causing damage from range and/or Krug wasn't able to get in some hefty shots, but I'd imagine armies of KoW or ABF should handle the Hydras just fine.

~Aldin, who has never used Arrow Grut armies particularly well

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 8th, 2010, 06:53 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEMASTER View Post
Does anybody know how to beat the Fen Hydra?
Deathreavers and Stingers should do it. The Hydra struggles with Rats since they can scatter, limiting the number of attacks. Also, the Hydra should be reluctant to take leaving engagement swipes as wounds decrease the attack. WTF squads with a screen should work also. Krug should be able to beat the Fen Hydra also (it worked for me in limited playtesting). If you had KOW plus Gilbert or better yet Alastair, they should be able to put some wounds on the Hydra which should slow down his attack. Hounds should be good as they can bypass the Hydra's defense.
Old March 8th, 2010, 06:54 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You would think if you lead off with gruts+mimring that the dragon should be able to burn at least a few heads off the hydra with the superior range.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old March 8th, 2010, 07:02 PM

SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker

Instead of sending the Hydra out first, FD88 should send the Greenscales and Nilfheim out. That way, he could eliminate any ranged threats for the Hydra. If he sends the Hydra out first...

Initially you should try to whittle down the Fen Hydras with the Swogs and the Arrow Gruts. Mimring could be very usefull with his long range Fire Line as well. Assuming all goes well, and the Hydra(s) have one or two wounds left, Krug can move up and take a few wounds from the Hydra(s) and bulk up for Nilfheim.

Why not have another Swog Rider Instead of the Drow Chainfighter? That would help the Arrow Gruts even more....

My collection: 4 RotV, 1 SotM, 2 BftU 1 Marvel, 1 TT, 1 VW, 2 TJ, 2 RttFF, 2 FotA, all expansions excluding exclusives, and every wave with almost x2 of all commons.
Old March 8th, 2010, 07:11 PM

elvinleader Woo who?

Use krug to fight the Hydra's, and use Mimring to take on niflem while your gruts can get some extra attacks from behind. Also, you might wanna sub Isamu for the chainfighter as he can prbably give niflem a run for his money as long as you get the 9 or higher.
Old March 8th, 2010, 07:16 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

If I were you in that battle, I'd just engage the first Hydra he sends out with Krug. If he abandons that Hydra, bond with Mimring and burn his other units up. If he attacks Krug, bond with Krug and wreck the Hydra.

If he disengages from Krug, hope that you hit the leaving engagement attack. If you miss it...... well, that really sucks for you but I'd just re-engage him with Krug.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 8th, 2010, 07:58 PM

FOOTBALLDUDE88 is surprisingly tart

He did send in Krug. I killed him in three attacks of 5 from height. I have also used Hydras agains KoW and have beaten them as SymphonyScaper will tell you. I beat the Combind arbolist of the Protectors this afternoon and a Wyvern with spiders to back him up.

Any other suggestions?

FBD88
Old March 8th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

10 Fire elementals or so?
Old March 8th, 2010, 08:05 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOOTBALLDUDE88 View Post
He did send in Krug. I killed him in three attacks of 5 from height. I have also used Hydras agains KoW and have beaten them as SymphonyScaper will tell you. I beat the Combind arbolist of the Protectors this afternoon and a Wyvern with spiders to back him up.

Any other suggestions?

FBD88
Stop using loaded dice?

Edit - Seriously though, many armies should be able to take him out. Good/Bad rolling might cause a string of victories for the Hydra, but they are not unbeatable if you play your cards right...of course this is coming from someone that has not playtested them at all...so perhaps they are totally unbeatable

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion