Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 4th, 2017, 07:38 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of LexCorp Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
If you are thinking about editing the power, wouldn't it be better stated something like this:

Quote:
CRIMINAL ALLIANCE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, if you end this turn using only one LexCorp Security figure, you may take a turn with one Unique Criminal Hero you control. Add 1 die to that Unique Criminal Hero's normal attack this turn.
Isn’t that slightly different though? With that one if you only have one security guard left then you still get the extra activation. Doesn’t the original intent mean instead of using the second one, which by C3G tradition means you have a second one to take a turn with but choose not to...sort of like instead of attaching powers means you have to have the ability to attack in the first place?
Nope, the original only says to choose one. If you only have one left you can still choose it . If the original power had said something like instead of taking a turn with... then I would agree.
Old December 4th, 2017, 08:24 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If you are thinking about editing the power, wouldn't it be better stated something like this:

Quote:
CRIMINAL ALLIANCE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, if you end this turn using only one LexCorp Security figure, you may take a turn with one Unique Criminal Hero you control. Add 1 die to that Unique Criminal Hero's normal attack this turn.
Isn’t that slightly different though? With that one if you only have one security guard left then you still get the extra activation. Doesn’t the original intent mean instead of using the second one, which by C3G tradition means you have a second one to take a turn with but choose not to...sort of like instead of attaching powers means you have to have the ability to attack in the first place?
Nope, the original only says to choose one. If you only have one left you can still choose it . If the original power had said something like instead of taking a turn with... then I would agree.
Touche...I'm working a little sleep deprived and didn't go back and read the actual current wording.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 20th, 2021, 03:26 PM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!

Reviving a debate from 2017 woo hoo!

Yes, this very easily reads as "you are only allowed to activate one", or at the very least it is ambiguous. "You may" works just fine in many contexts, while in other contexts it causes problems. This is one of the problem cases.

Try saying it out loud and stressing different words:

"You *MAY* choose only one..." = You have the option to choose just one

"You may choose only *ONE*..." = You can't choose more than one.

A better wording in this case would be to include an "opt" to clear up the ambiguity

"You may opt to choose only one [...]"
Old December 20th, 2021, 03:38 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

CRIMINAL ALLIANCE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, if you activate only one LexCorp Security figure this turn, then after taking a turn with that LexCorp Security figure, you may take a turn with one Unique Criminal Hero you control. Add 1 die to that Unique Criminal Hero's normal attack this turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by quozl; December 20th, 2021 at 04:03 PM.
Old December 20th, 2021, 03:44 PM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
CRIMINAL ALLIANCE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, if you activate only one LexCorp Security figure with this turn, then after taking a turn with that LexCorp Security figure, you may take a turn with one Unique Criminal Hero you control. Add 1 die to that Unique Criminal Hero's normal attack this turn.
I think this should work fine too, but is it just me or isn't the "with" I bolded here superfluous?
Old December 20th, 2021, 04:03 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yes it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 21st, 2021, 12:28 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

CRIMINAL ALLIANCE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may choose to take a turn with only one LexCorp Security figure this turn. After taking a turn with the chosen LexCorp Security figure, you may take a turn with one Unique Criminal Hero you control. Add 1 die to that Unique Criminal Hero's normal attack this turn.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 21st, 2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
CRIMINAL ALLIANCE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may choose to take a turn with only one LexCorp Security figure this turn. After taking a turn with the chosen LexCorp Security figure, you may take a turn with one Unique Criminal Hero you control. Add 1 die to that Unique Criminal Hero's normal attack this turn.
This is the best wording so far. Reads easily, not ambiguous, and feels the most in line with language used across other cards.
Old December 21st, 2021, 05:26 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So if you only habe one left...you can't take a turn with the criminal hero right? Since you don't have the option to choose?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 21st, 2021, 05:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
So if you only habe one left...you can't take a turn with the criminal hero right? Since you don't have the option to choose?
You could choose to take a turn with zero. So still a choice, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 21st, 2021, 05:44 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Secured In Place

I remember dok and I ranking these guys pretty poorly and some people thought that was unfair. I remain unconvinced.

~Dysole, with so many better things to do for the points
Old December 21st, 2021, 07:24 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
You could choose to take a turn with zero. So still a choice, IMO.
Yes you can choose to take a turn with zero but I'm asking if you have only one left, can you use the second half of the squad to activate a criminal hero with the one surviving squad member?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library