Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old March 9th, 2019, 09:50 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (3/9/2019)

Yeah when I was younger I debased quite a few figures that are pretty high prices now, for example the gargantuan white dragon in my profile pic is now potentially worth like $100 or more on eBay if it was still in it's original condition, but at least I was able to get it while it was still in retail (and with a Border's coupon get it at $25).

I recently got some more unpainted minis while waiting for the Reaper Bones 4 Kickstarter to fulfill which should be around the end of March or April depending on shipping.

I finished off the Uthuk Runewars Miniatures army box that I bought. I followed the previous paint jobs that I did on the squads and followed the same schemes for the heroes, making one more marro-ish.

This ones another mod based off of the NHWC's Tu-Rok-Sa. I played against him in the most recent tournament I went to and ended up using a spare Ne-Gok-Sa to make him.

I painted up some Human rogue's from the wizkids miniature line to make a unique squad.

This one is a spell effect for D&D that comes from the wizkids line that I painted up.

I had an extra Kurrok that was pretty badly damaged (missing a foot with the other soon to fall of) so I fixed him up by replacing his boot and giving him a new base.

This guy is T'Raukzul made by Reaper miniatures that I painted up. He makes for a very nice option for a gargantuan sized dragon that's a little larger than the white dragon (from the WotC D&D line) in my profile pic.
Old April 16th, 2019, 01:55 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (4/16/2019)

Haven't updated this thread in a while, so here's the progress I've made in the past month or so.

This one is Xanathar, from Gale Force 9's D&D Collector's series. The resin it was made out of was pretty janky with lots of mold lines and gaps, which I wasn't able to fully get rid of.

This is the last big mini from reaper I had to paint, and I like how the terrasque turned out.

This is Reaper's new Fire Giant Queen, which I ended up painting to match my previous one.

A dark young miniature from Reaper miniatures, which I had fun painting up.

This is an angel figure from Reaper Miniatures that I tried to paint up with some OSL, probably should have pushed the contrast more, but I still like how it turned out.

I bought a starter army box for Wrath of Kings from CMON, which I picked up for a good discount. I also found a way to use some scenic bases I had, which weren't being used.
Old April 16th, 2019, 02:04 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (4/16/2019)

Im very jealous of your unpainted mini count. I buy them faster than I can paint them. Just bought a ton of star wars legion. Primed them all but have only gotten 2 of em painted. I get too side tracked with making terrain and painting that up. As usually great looking minis.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 30th, 2019, 04:44 PM

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (4/30/2019)

Yeah I do like having a low amount of unpainted minis. It'll bump up this week though when my reaper kickstarter gets in, which will give me 100s of minis to paint. I'm sort of the opposite to you in that I tend to paint more minis than terrain because I ussually get pre-painted terrain/ building from Michaels.

I modded together a Saurus Oldblood from remaining bits from my seraphon start collecting set. I had to give him a back and a tail, with some greenstuff to fill the gaps.

Some werewolves from wrath of kings that I painted up to work as more vark squads.

A tiefling on Nightmare that I modded from a knight from reaper miniatures by adding horns to his head.

Some used Warhammer minis that I bought a while ago that were base coated, but didn't have any shading. I ended up using washes and in the last picture I used miniwax wood stain to use as a wash and really liked how they looked for the little amount of effort I put in.
Old May 1st, 2019, 11:43 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I've never tried staining. How/what do you mix with the stain?
Old May 1st, 2019, 06:57 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I've never tried staining. How/what do you mix with the stain?
I use it as well. Its called miniwax polyshades. There are different colors. I use the antique walnut for figures that you dont mind being a little more dirty looking. Much like heroscape figures. I dont recommend using it on white areas though. You can thin it with mineral spirits. I brush it on. After it sits you clean up the pooling. Look up dipping miniatures on youtube. It can work out ok.

Old May 11th, 2019, 12:36 PM

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (5/11/2019)

A pretty large update this week and after receiving my bones 4 minis, I've began to work on them as well.

These are some Bones Black reaper miniatures, an efreeti on the left and a rock troll on the right. These were in bones 4 but I bought the promotional figures, so I ended up with a dupe of the Efreeti.

Just a single reaper mini that I painted up.

A copper dragon from the unpainted D&D line. The new set of dragons are mislabeled as "young" but are the size of an "adult". A very simple paintjob, because the artwork I worked from had the copper dragon really plain.

These were the minis that I painted up from the Guildball game. I'll most likely use them for D&D/ Heroscape instead though.

I bought a used Warhammer: Age of Sigmar Daughters of Khaine army. Most of these are just touched up from the originals.

The bones 4 minis I've been able to work through so far.
Old May 11th, 2019, 08:09 PM
"like" happy

Great stuff. Especially love the gem encrusted troll, demon lady and the green ghosts. Love the colors on them. I actually got all 101 of my star wars legion minis painted the other day. It got me super stoked and so I primed all of my walking dead all out war minis after and finished out a ton of other terrain. Ill have to set up a photobooth of sorts before I take good quality pics of my painted minis though. Keep up the good work. I enjoy seeing your stuff and it helps to motivate me to reduce my unpainted mini count.

Old May 12th, 2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Great stuff. Especially love the gem encrusted troll, demon lady and the green ghosts. Love the colors on them. I actually got all 101 of my star wars legion minis painted the other day. It got me super stoked and so I primed all of my walking dead all out war minis after and finished out a ton of other terrain. Ill have to set up a photobooth of sorts before I take good quality pics of my painted minis though. Keep up the good work. I enjoy seeing your stuff and it helps to motivate me to reduce my unpainted mini count.
Thanks man, those were some of my favorites to paint. That's a whole lot of minis to paint up . I might have to set up a proper photobooth eventually because I've just been using a sketchbook. I'd be excited to see your paintjobs if you post them.
Old May 24th, 2019, 07:25 PM

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (5/24/2019)

I was able to put some more work into lowering the amount of unpainted minis I have. With all the bones 4 minis I've been looking through them and picking out groups I wanted to speed paint. It was pretty image heavy so I put it in a spoiler.

Spoiler Alert!
Old May 25th, 2019, 02:02 PM
"like" happy

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (5/24/2019)

Looks good. Love the big moose as well as the drow and dragonborn. The beastmen are cool too. Ive been priming a ton of my minis to get some more sessions of speed painting done as well. Im in the process of shooting decent pics of all my star wars legion models.

Old June 25th, 2019, 06:07 PM

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (6/25/2019)

I've made a lot of progress this past month, with quite significant progress with the Bones 4 Kickstarter Figures. Also, I've been testing out the new Citadel Contrast Paint, which I've been using to speed-paint some of the Kickstarter figures. It's quite a large update so I put it inside of a spoiler.

Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions