Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 22nd, 2016, 07:33 PM

brendrizzle Woo who?
Re: The Book of Cathar Spearmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendrizzle View Post
Anyone know where to find these figures right now? I did some searching... saw they were sold out on mm
I used to have some 40 or so of these guys, but have been giving them to friends, and family, and giving them out as prizes and other things. I'll see how many I have left and if I have enough, I'll give you a reasonable deal.
Thanks for your generosity. After further searching, I found a set including them with some of the wolfen hunters included... so no worries if you cannot find them. If you do, let me know!
Old September 23rd, 2016, 08:52 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

FYI, see my Heroscape C3V & SoV Spreadsheet which has links to buy each figure from multiple stores.
Old September 23rd, 2016, 04:19 PM

brendrizzle Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
FYI, see my Heroscape C3V & SoV Spreadsheet which has links to buy each figure from multiple stores.
Awesome spreadsheet. This makes life much easier!
Old October 15th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

For anyone looking for these, I've found two possibilities.

1 Miniature Market has a set of 50. It appears to have Count Raymond mixed into the bunch, You'll get 6 of Him. That would give you 11 squads.
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/rkcog05-lot.html

2 They also have the Starter set box they come in for only 18.50, Which gives you two squads of these guys, and it comes with a set of Varkaanan Grey Spears, which are a good squad.
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/rkh-cfac04u.html
Old October 15th, 2016, 03:03 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
2 They also have the Starter set box they come in for only 18.50, Which gives you two squads of these guys, and it comes with a set of Varkaanan Grey Spears, which are a good squad.

+ Raymond + Arktos.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old October 15th, 2016, 03:23 PM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Quote:

+ Raymond + Arktos.
That's right, I should have mentioned that. Thank you for pointing it out.
Old December 10th, 2017, 07:52 PM

I was messing around with these guys and I thought, since spears like these were generally used to brace against mounted infantry, or larger opponents, it would have been cool if Braced Spear had a higher chance against large/huge figures, and an extremely low chance against (or maybe didn't effect) small figures. I know that it's too late at this point, but I think that would have been cool, and thematic if that had been the case.

(I realize this is a double post, but the previous post is from over a year ago.)
Old December 10th, 2017, 11:39 PM

Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I was messing around with these guys and I thought, since spears like these were generally used to brace against mounted infantry, or larger opponents, it would have been cool if Braced Spear had a higher chance against large/huge figures, and an extremely low chance against (or maybe didn't effect) small figures. I know that it's too late at this point, but I think that would have been cool, and thematic if that had been the case.

(I realize this is a double post, but the previous post is from over a year ago.)
That would have been a neat little thematic power. I actually kind of like them more like that.
Old January 30th, 2018, 12:32 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
"Range is for little girls." -QFT
The implication being that girls are cowards?
Sherman, don't try to analyze it. That is a classic quote spoken by the greatest HeroScape player ever.
Gee, I guess that makes it okay, then. I hear the second greatest Heroscape player ever used to say that only colored people use Raelin; he must have been right.
"Wed. Jan. 17 [postponed to Feb. 7] is Taeblewalker Scape:

500 Points Heat Of Battle on his Forbidden Land Map [actually Savage Land]

And many of us are looking at the new C3V Monks (see the Home Page)" ~
chas

Thinking of fielding these guys for this. Also Raelin RotV and some range (not the Krav, as this is HoB). In general, and especially on such a large map, a "pure melee" force seems tactically inferior to one with a ranged component.

I've also committed to including this guy in my army,

so it should not be too difficult to figure out how the remaining points might be spent . . .

Old January 30th, 2018, 04:24 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

If this is Heat of Battle and your looking for range, I might consider dropping Raelin for the Vulcanmech Incendiborgs. Much less fragile, and they begin in a spot where they can start attacking right away. Have fun!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 23rd, 2018, 09:10 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If you use these guys without boosts, do they get wrecked by range squads? Is it worth investing in Count Raymond/ Marcus Decimus Gallus just to get that extra threat range against ranged opponents?
Old June 23rd, 2018, 10:40 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

It's map dependent of course, but the effective range of 2 gives them as much threat range as other melee forces even without Marcus/Raymond. It doesn't hurt to add of course but it's not totally necessary.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs