Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 13th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Groot (Design Phase)

It's English grammar, my friend. If you're dealing with numbers themselves, you use less (i.e. 6 or less), but if you're dealing with numbers of things, you use fewer (i.e. fewer people know this rule than should). So, you would say 6 fewer dice, since you're talking about numbers of a thing (dice).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 14th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Okay, since the other two powers are really simple I wouldn't mind the size-based Branch Carry... I'd make him a LOT more niche, which is a good and bad thing (since as a 4 Move ground-pounder that gets weaker and weaker as time goes on I suspect he'll already be a bit unwieldy).

Any other thoughts on the subject? Second post should be up to date otherwise.
Old November 14th, 2013, 06:29 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

This:
Quote:
ORGANIC REGENERATION
At the end of each round, remove one Wound Marker from this card. If Groot is on a water space, remove an additional Wound Marker from this card.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old November 17th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Okay, so I went with the size-variable wording but changed the numbers (0-3 Wounds, 4-6 Wounds) to make him a bit more useful in those fewer armies that he'd be drafted into.

Any other thoughts or are we ready for ERB?
Old November 17th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It's English grammar, my friend. If you're dealing with numbers themselves, you use less (i.e. 6 or less), but if you're dealing with numbers of things, you use fewer (i.e. fewer people know this rule than should). So, you would say 6 fewer dice, since you're talking about numbers of a thing (dice).
You also use "less" when dealing with uncountable nouns like sugar or sand, but you use "fewer" when speaking of "sugar cubes" or "grains of sand" because cubes and grains are countable.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old November 17th, 2013, 08:51 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
You also use "less" when dealing with uncountable nouns like sugar or sand, but you use "fewer" when speaking of "sugar cubes" or "grains of sand" because cubes and grains are countable.
I knew I was missing something.

Have at it for ERB, Johnny!

Old November 22nd, 2013, 11:37 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

Okay, sent out with one minor change - I made him a Ruler, if only because the idea of him teaming up with Moloids sounds really fun.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 01:00 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Okay, sent out with one minor change - I made him a Ruler, if only because the idea of him teaming up with Moloids sounds really fun.
I know virtually nothing about the GotG, so that theme is all on you!

But that does sound like fun.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 01:33 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Well, he's known as "The Monarch of Planet X" (or at least was pre-GotG), but since we have so many royal titles, no need to add Monarch. I think Ruler is just as appropriate as King, and Ruler makes for more interesting synergy, so there we go.

Anyways, ERB from davidlhsl:
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Groot

If a Groot falls in a forest and nobody is around, does he make a sound? More importantly, what happens when he falls onto that bear that poops in the woods?

Branch Carry
I wonder if adding another word: "friendly small figures" would make it read more smoothly.

Cut Down to Size
I love variable power levels in designs, so I like this. I suppose this makes Groot an anti-Hulk.

Organic Regeneration
Hail HYDRA!

Wait -- that doesn't sound right.

Once you start whacking at this guy, you'll have to keep at it until he goes Timberrrrrrrrrr.

Final Thoughts
Looks like a tough guy to chop down, but think of all that great firewood to keep you warm in the winter.

Fun looking design.
And from Porkins:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins
Looks fun!
Old November 23rd, 2013, 02:12 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

ERB from dok:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
This figure is a very strong and probably underpriced.

An attack of 7 is nothing to sniff at, even if it can get "cut down to size". And with a defense of 6 (higher than Swamp Thing's defense, for 35 points more) he's more likely to hold onto that attack for a little while (plus it heals, of course).

The real concern, though, is how pod-friendly this guy is. Because he has the carry ability, he can move alongside two other figures, including figures that could possibly shield him from damage. All my usual defensive figure suggestions (Jocasta, Bizarro, Superman I, Beat Cops, etc) apply, and vision blockers like Shadowcat/Mastermind/Dr. Light/Meteorite are also good to pair with him. This guy also makes a great buddy for universal bonding figures, especially Ms. Marvel (since she can't move and bond in the same turn but Groot can carry her).

He's a notch below Martian Manhunter or GL John, but not 100 points below (and MM is underpriced anyway).

I assume Moloid Bonding is known - fun and funny but not game-breaking by any stretch.
Not surprised he thinks he'll be undercosted since we were feeling that anyways, but definitely some good stuff to work with for his Initial.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 12:45 PM

Yeah, I agree with all of those concerns. I'd probably start his testing at 240 at least.

Old February 8th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Planning out tests for later - what's our position on Jocasta at this point? Should I be testing with her or are we betting on her being recalibrated soonish?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library