Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Closed Thread

Old November 9th, 2010, 12:03 AM

The Champion of Weston knows what's in an order marker The Champion of Weston knows what's in an order marker
Neg repping people.

I feel I have been treated unfairly. I have been neg repped for simply posting in the Question Dump that the answers provided above were correct, but that I was beaten in posting them. Please tell me what is wrong with that. I was also neg repped by someone in the CUC thread; while I feel I was wrong in my actions and I apologized I was still neg repped. This alone is enough to drive me off the site; I don't get why people are so harsh on here. How many others on here are the victims of unfair neg repping, I once had a good amount of rep, not anymore thanks to some very cruel people.

The Champion of Weston is Sir Denrick...
in the DIAMOND CAVE...
Old November 9th, 2010, 01:13 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker
Re: Neg repping people.

Take heart. While reputation count may have it's place, not everyone here will judge you on the basis of that rating. Let it go and just enjoy being a member of this forum because sooner or later, you'll realize that there are more kind and friendly folks here than those who just love to give negative reps.
Old November 9th, 2010, 02:13 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Neg red is simply a way for people to non-publicly show you that you have erred. Nothing more. Just read the comment, and leave it. It's better then people calling you out in public, isn't it?
Old November 9th, 2010, 02:18 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Not sure why someone would dock you for corroborating other people's answers.

Maybe truth's giveaways are working in getting more site supporters and people feel like abusing their new abilities?

Like Jim said elsewhere, the best way to get rep is to stop caring about it. Try to add to existing conversations rather than just be a part of them.

Or, post interesting stuff in General. Tons of people read that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 9th, 2010, 08:15 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The ethos here is to not discuss neg rep experiences at all. It will only bring you grief, unfortunately. That being the case, some people just disable Rep! Personally, I don't neg rep people, or reply to any I get.

Last edited by chas; November 9th, 2010 at 08:32 AM.
Old November 9th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

I've started using neg rep a bit more frequently of late. I encourage others to do so as well.

Champion of Weston, it's important to remember that a neg rep means "This post made my experience on Heroscapers worse rather than better" and not "You suck" or "Everything you write is nonsense" or "I don't like you" or anything else.

For what it's worth, I sign any neg rep I send and it wasn't me that neg repped Champion of Weston.
Old November 9th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I think I'll just neg rep everyone for everything from now on that way no one feels left out.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 9th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

As I just wrote on another thread about the same thing - but don't mind repeating because it's good for newer posters to read - there is an easy way to avoid docks.

Be respectful to other posters.

Being respectful takes several forms. One, don't needle people unnecessarily. Two, demonstrate you care enough about their time to craft complete sentences with good spelling and grammar.

Three, and this may be the key one though I don't know what posts you're talking about, take care you are *adding* to a discussion. Before you write a post or start a thread, make sure you have read and thought about what came before. If you are not adding to the discussion, don't. This is being respectful to the time your readers are invested in reading what you've written.

There's a separate rule, similar to Fight Club, about not talking about neg rep, but that's different.

Don't be discouraged. Positive rep will come over time (don't chase it! that will backfire!), and if you just try to follow the "be respectful" principle I described above, you'll be ok.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 9th, 2010, 08:56 AM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

going to user CP and options, you can just hide your reputation. Then it won't be an issue anymore. Instead of green markers, or red markers, you will have a black marker so no one can see your reputation.
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:14 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Don't worry too much about one random Neg Rep...if someone is handing it out too liberally the admins will notice & take corrective action.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

If you are not wanting neg rep, this thread is not the way to do that.

1) The proper place for this is in the Your REPUTATION and You (Pt.2) thread, or at the very least, the Scapers Online sub-forum.

2) Per the rules, complaining about rep is forbidden:

Quote:
DO NOT WHINE about Rep, in public posts or in PMs. A boon or dock left for you by someone else is just THEIR OPINION, and nothing else. Take it or leave it, but either way: MOVE ALONG. Don't clutter up our forums or inboxes with complaints about your neg Rep or lack of pos Rep - NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR IT. Whining about your Rep WILL result in punitive action being taken against you by the administration.
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:37 AM

DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker

I take it this is the post you are talking about in the first example:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=2646
It doesn't look like you have edited anything, so it does make it a bit pointless to be the 2nd person to confirm another poster is correct, without even adding anything new!
If you had made a long answer, you could have put in a notice about having been ninja'ed, but kept the original post intact.
As it is now, it just looks like you are saying - "I just want to confirm what other posters are saying is correct". I can see how the other posters could feel offended, or someone else reading the post feeling it is superfluous.
Anyways, those are just my thoughts upon reading the thread. Take it as positive criticism, and don't be scared away by a few negative responses. Writing on a forum is almost an art in itself. It is so very easy to get misunderstood or offended.
Hope the above is helpful!
- DBC
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion