Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old August 8th, 2019, 09:40 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [AotV] Pre-Brainstorming Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Thanks for checking out the project, Maklar! Feedback and interest are always welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
This is looking like a super cool project! Just some thoughts:
  • The unpainted figures look pretty rough, even the transparent ones. Not a big fan of introducing a bunch of translucent figures to the game. But on a much more positive note, the sculpts look good otherwise, and I've seen some pictures on the internet with a very minimal paint job that makes things look pretty stinking good.
Yeah, some of the unpainted miniatures look less than ideal, but we want to balance that with getting enough value out of the boxes to make a true Master Set. Like you mentioned, for anyone with the talent and inclination to do so, minimal paint jobs can make them look a lot better.

Quote:
  • At first I was a bit sceptical of the "all unique" thing, mostly cuz I figured, hey, 2 of the official master sets had commons, and if you made the fire critters common heros you could expand the elementals and 3 common heros is plenty. But then I realized that the fire critters don't really work as elementals, and I figured hey unique squads are cool!
  • Any thoughts on giving the glyphs of knowledge and recall new heroscapey names? If you're gonna print out cards then I don't think it'd be too much to ask to print out a glyph picture to glue to the glyphs. That'd be cool and artsy I think.
Glad to hear that you came around to the Unique Squad angle! It's tempting to make some of the stuff Common (especially because many of us already owned multiple sets), but I think that it's for the benefit of the project to keep everything unique in the vein of Rise of the Valkyrie.

I'm not a big fan of renaming the glyphs. If we did do that, we'd definitely need to print out a new sticker for each, but I personally am not bothered by the different names enough to think that it's necessary. They're already going to look different than the classic glyphs, so I'm fine with embracing that a little and saying that they're artifacts from within this strange new region that the Valkyries are investigating.

Quote:
Anyway, super cool project, looks like it's moving along well, I'd love to help out.
If we have enough public support, we can definitely start a new pod to get more units in the pipeline. We stopped at Pods 0 and 1 for the time being because it didn't seem like there were enough public volunteers left (we're looking for 5 for each pod), but if there's enough interest then we could definitely start preparing another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
By all means, please lend a hand! Toss ideas in here, and feel free to join up with Pod 1 (who never got completely filled).
I'm not sure that Pod 1 is looking to fill that spot at this point. They've recently gotten a consensus for many of their units, so they might not want to take on another voice at this stage. It's ultimately up to their leaders, of course, but there might be enough people to start another pod if we're interested in that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumovanis View Post
Has anyone done anything with Nahiri yet?
Not yet. I recall suggesting she be a Native American or something, to help make her historical. The skin tone isn’t 100% accurate, but the furs she’s wearing does help.
I know that we're looking for historically themed units, but this feels like a bit of a stretch to me personally, given the extremely pale skin, armor, and weaponry. Whatever the route for her ends up being, I don't want to see it forced because we feel we need another design of a certain kind.
Aaaaaand, I clearly misremembered which figure was which. I was thinking of Arlinn. Oops!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 8th, 2019, 10:29 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

No worries! Arlinn is definitely much more reasonable as a Native American, although there are still plenty of other directions that she could be taken.
Old August 10th, 2019, 06:15 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

Quick question about these "pods" I see here, are these required/assigned? I remember piping in on a random pod's creation awhile ago.
Old August 10th, 2019, 09:11 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quick question about these "pods" I see here, are these required/assigned? I remember piping in on a random pod's creation awhile ago.
People can volunteer to join a pod at its inception. But they’re needed to help focus each group’s attentions on their design (and not on 29 designs).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old August 10th, 2019, 09:57 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Someone more closely associated with the project can please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think its fine for non-pod members to hop into a unit thread to give feedback or even design ideas, as long as you are respectful of the pod members' authority over the design and let them remain the guiding force of the design. I know that I've contributed some ideas to both the Leyline Phantoms and the Blazing Firecats that it looks like the pod members will be using in some form, even though I'm not a member of either pod. I'm still following along though because this project is awesome and waiting to jump on the pod with Jace and his illusions
Old August 11th, 2019, 03:35 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

So does one need to be in a pod specifically to sort of "claim" a piece for design?
Old August 11th, 2019, 04:56 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
So does one need to be in a pod specifically to sort of "claim" a piece for design?
I would think it might not be a stretch to say there's sufficient interest for another pod to be started up and another round of unit design getting underway. I know I would be interested in contributing.

Speaking of contributing: do y'all have a system or a thread for playtesting? Looks like many designs are starting to reach that point.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old August 11th, 2019, 09:41 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Someone more closely associated with the project can please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think its fine for non-pod members to hop into a unit thread to give feedback or even design ideas, as long as you are respectful of the pod members' authority over the design and let them remain the guiding force of the design.
Nailed it. I think Pod 1 still has an open slot, so it would be great to see it filled since it doesn't look like a Pod 2 will be started before 0 or 1 is done, but it's up to @All Your Pie and @Scytale .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Speaking of contributing: do y'all have a system or a thread for playtesting? Looks like many designs are starting to reach that point.
Not yet, but as soon as designs start reaching the Playtest phase, we'll have a thread that will keep everyone up-to-date on what's available and what the progress is.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 12th, 2019, 11:58 AM

Fakeraistlin is surprisingly tart

Hi all , is there a custom play testing guide one can peruse before testing custom units and reporting results
or is it simply drafting the unit with rotv and other units to be tested and informally make comments/observations?
Old August 12th, 2019, 03:27 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakeraistlin View Post
Hi all , is there a custom play testing guide one can peruse before testing custom units and reporting results
or is it simply drafting the unit with rotv and other units to be tested and informally make comments/observations?
For now, you can use the C3V Public Playtesting Form to help out. You can also give less formal commentary if for whatever reason you didnt write it down.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old August 18th, 2019, 10:03 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

So I was thinking about the Space Shrimp and potential synergy with Ozuul. I like the way Chandra/Firecats are going with synergy that isn't explicit and think we could easily do something similar with those two.

HARDENED IN THE VOID

When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, a Space Shrimp always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. When rolling defense dice against a special attack, a Space Shrimp always adds two automatic shields to whatever is rolled.

Pair that with like 2 Defense. It's Tough + Iron Tough, but more importantly it lets you pull them in with Ozuul to boost his Gravity Crush Special Attack by +1 each, yet still have a reasonable chance to survive it themselves.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 19th, 2019, 03:29 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I like that, NB. I also liked the idea of them being some kind of knowledge-eaters and get an attack bonus on cards with OMs. Dunno if I brought that up here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs