Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 29th, 2015, 03:28 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Kinseth's Customs - Gnoll Faction the works.

Cards from Pre-SoV post:
Spoiler Alert!

I am liking the Gnoll faction!!

I'm guessing that WARPATH power only exists as power because there aren't 4 good sculpts to use for full squad of 4.

As you stated in the Pre-SoV thread, they are very similar to the Heavy Gruts. The Gruts can get an Attack and Defense boost from Tornak or Grimnak, while the Gnolls need 2 other figures adjacent to boost their attack. Assuming 80-points for the full 4 figures, I'd be okay with 3/4 stats. It probably puts them in the A to A- range like the Heavy Gruts, so go higher if you want more balance at B+ to B.

I could see dropping Ragsh down to 120 - 130 point range and maybe limit his Overwhelm to Gnolls being within 5 spaces and not just figures you control. He's going to have a big target on his head - since he's the only Chieftan and eliminating him not only takes care of a double-attacker but also drops the Warband down to just a 3-figure squad.
Old June 3rd, 2015, 09:30 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post

Gnoll Faction
---------------
Followers of Valkrill - Gnolls naturally follow the demon lord (Yeenoghu).
Gnolls like to attack when they have the advantage of numbers, using horde tactics and their physical strength to overwhelm and knock down their opponents. They show little discipline when fighting unless they have a strong leader; at such times, they can maintain ranks and fight as a unit. While they do not usually prepare traps, they do use ambushes and try to attack from a flanking position.

I have tried to keep true to the vision of the Gnolls from DnD background. Many of their abilities reflect some of these tactics.

Costs
  • Warchief is priced a little higher, he has some of the sunken costs that the Warband might have on their own.
  • They are priced at 20 per figure, higher than the per figure cost of many of the other Bonding Squads(Knights Weston, Heavies, Dwarves...)
  • Try to envision them as a 80 point squad for 4.
Gameplay choices
The Gnolls offer some very unique play choices when it comes to using your heroes. Can you afford to wade in with the heavy hitting War Chief and his his powerful attacks? Once he falls the warband is disfunctional and really loses alot of its power. There are times you need to risk and jump into the fray with the Chief. Not only do you lose your most powerful hero, you also lose the ability to move and attack with an extra Gnoll squad member.

Thanks to Scytale as I have borrowed some aspects of the Warband(Pack Attack) at his blessing.
I am leaning towards going to 3 Def over 4. Not that I don't think 4 is balanced, just I feel like it might still overshoot the power level I was looking for the unit. That testing is still going on.

I do however, ask that people would take a small amount of time and fill out a questionnaire I drew up to better gauge the public response to the gnolls. It is anonymous, thanks guys.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old June 4th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Kinseth's Customs - Updated Jan 8th - Ogre Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post

My first reaction was that it's odd that going on an adrenaline rush makes him stop fighting and stand still for the rest of the round. . .
I was initially confused because it felt thematically backwards that an adrenaline rush makes him stop.
Thematically it makes total sense for him to stop because he sees the pretty skull that he just smashed in and wants to admire it. I picture him as a lumbering moron that really cares nothing for what is going on around him.

That's just how I see that one. Feel free to disagree.
Old June 10th, 2015, 08:47 PM

I have enjoyed the progress on the GNOLL faction so I ran a play-test last night.

Here is the report:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...dbae4a9447fb2d

File:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=4404

And I went ahead and ordered some of the figures!!

Peace,
*Kai

Last edited by obfuscatedhippo; June 10th, 2015 at 09:08 PM.
Old June 10th, 2015, 08:49 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
I have enjoyed the progress on the GNOLL faction so I ran a play-test last night.

Here is the report:

Peace,
*Kai
We don't have access to your post.

Old June 10th, 2015, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post

Here is the report:

File:

Peace,
*Kai
Sorry, added a link to the download site:
Old June 10th, 2015, 09:26 PM

Thanks for the battle report, In everyone I playtest against, they all report having a bunch of fun playing with or against the Warband.

Old January 20th, 2017, 01:01 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Regarding Uzog,

Not sure if you want the feedback, but I really like the design and would love to see him move forward.

- I think a lot of people underestimated 3 defense 6 life. Both Venoc Warlord's and Marcus' durability can be very surprising.
- I love the skull collector idea, and Never minded the lost turns, especially when working with a squad. I do wonder if losing an order marker (so it could be mitigated) or losing defense or the ability to inflict leaving engagement strikes would be better.
- I felt Terrifying presence was tacked on, and weakened the simplicity of the unit.
- When I played him I used him with a squad to take on bonding heroes. After he got a marker or two he could be a beast on the battle field, and juggling heroes worked for me. In the times he was left to the end he served a role similar to Venoc Warlord without the first strike. By that point there were few units left or he had his skulls so loosing turns was not a danger. It actually might be that 55% chance that is hurting him. If you had a +80% or more chance of getting the marker, then it could be predicted and planed for, as it is you may go multiple rounds and never hit that marker. You may even want to remove the die roll entirely.
- In one on ones, I found he could easily take on heroes at or above his point total even without terrifying presence.

Really a 6L, 3D, 4-6A Melee hero is a fairly potent warrior. That is up there with Alistar, Arktos, and the aforementioned Venoc and Marcus. It is also worth noting that with less life, you have X17, Crixus, Scarcarver, Manauvi, Ulfrid, and Original Drake. At 65 points, he could easily go toe to toe with any of them (except Crixus).

Hope this helps. I love the figure and theme and think a certain C3V unit could really use a hero like this.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old January 20th, 2017, 02:04 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Kinseth's Customs - Uzog

Continuing on Uzog:

I really like what you are trying to do with this guy and would love to see him pass the SoV process. I agree with many others on not over complicating it.

I don't think there is any need for Terrifying Presence. He doesn't strike me as terrifying in the way that a Skull Demon would.

I think the trophy collection would be better suited to just boil it down to the Tagawa's Bloodlust ability (under the trophy collection theme). It wouldn't be just a rehash because it would be on a hero, rather than a squad. It's much cleaner, less swingy, and still illustrates the theme.

Now, maybe that doesn't seem unique enough, but personally, I would love to play with a hero with this ability. The Tagawa are amazing fun. To package that up in a hero costing half of what the Tagawa Samurai squad would, sounds fantastic to me. But of course by making trophies guaranteed and not a D20 chance his cost would probably go up.

Tagawa Bloodlust:
Quote:
For every opponent's figure a Tagawa Samurai destroys, place a purple Experience Marker on this card. When attacking with Tagawa Samurai, roll one additional attack die for each experience marker on this card. A maximum of 3 Experience Markers can be placed on this card.
Old January 20th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
If you had a +80% or more chance of getting the marker, then it could be predicted and planed for, as it is you may go multiple rounds and never hit that marker. You may even want to remove the die roll entirely.
I agree with this. If you're likely to lose a turn from it then planning your strategy to fit the ability of the figure would be much more fun then taking a shot in the dark. Removing the roll completely is also an option that sounds worth while...but not necessary.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 20th, 2017, 02:43 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll cut to the chase and show you the version I am working on now( @wriggz feel free to "Try" him with a certain C3V unit if you feel compelled to do so.)

Life 6
Move 5
Attack 5
Defense 3
Points - ??

Trophy Skulls - Once each round, when Uzog destroys an opponent's figure, you may place a Skull Marker on this card. If you do, Uzog cannot move for the rest of the round. A maximum of 2 Skull Markers can be placed on this card.

Gruesome Display - Opponent's figures adjacent to Uzog roll one fewer die when defending against a Durgeth for each skull marker on this card.

Summary - He starts out a little stronger of a hero with 5 attack, you can choose when you want to place a trophy marker card and its negatives are not as strong. You can still attack with him should you place a marker, but the not moving, represents the time needed to take a skull. Plus I think units that give people hard choices to make, help influence game play.

The change to Gruesome Display is one I kicked around for a while, obviously getting Bonus to attack is worth more in almost all occasions. +1 attack dice or -1 Defense dice. But there are situational things that come to mind.

It does offer a nice synergy(though small and very situational), to a certain C3V unit...

Would be happy to hear thoughts on this(And if anyone wants to test the version, a price cost.)

Thanks for your input guys.

Last edited by Kinseth; January 20th, 2017 at 08:32 PM.
Old January 20th, 2017, 06:30 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I like your stone giant. I just seen it rejected by sov. I have a few ideas to make it more appealing while keeping your theme. First. Instead of taking away your attack to pick up a rock. Pick it up instead of moving or give the option to either pick up instead of moving or attacking. Then the attack is more useful allowing you to drop the reach while keeping theme. Ive seen this giant come up before and thought it was cool. Im pretty stoked for the idea of your design. Cool stuff on here.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards