Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old January 17th, 2019, 06:21 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Shurrig's Maps: Merry Christmas! 12/26/18

Looks like a pretty cool map -- nice and fast development for quick action. The center area of height has me most worried. Wannok is good to counterbalance it, but that one tree isn't going to be blocking sight from many of the hexes up there, so they'll be able to shot the glyph pretty easily. It also looks difficult to engage the high ground from the Wannok side with water slowing units down. That could be okay since the water space can still engage the high ground, but that's something I'd look out for.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old February 22nd, 2019, 07:54 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Shurrig's Maps: Any Tips? 2/22/19

I've been working on this three player map for the upcoming map contest and I've been scratching my head trying to figure this one out. I really have no experience in making 3 player maps, so if someone can point me in the right direction with this, it would be greatly appreciated lol. (btw I'm using RotV x2, BftU, FotA, and RttFF)

Here are some pics:

Old February 23rd, 2019, 10:21 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Shurrig's Maps: 2/22/19

I think it doesnt look bad at all. I take it that the randar glyphs are treasure? The only thing from glancing at it are the perches for raelyn but maybe they wont affect too much.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 23rd, 2019, 10:59 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That looks really cool man! I like the look of it. One suggestion might be to try and make a little bit better use of your road - three player maps can get big, and can take more effort to get around. So connecting those patches of road would be a smart move IMO.

Also, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the sets that you're using won't quite meet the terrain restrictions. We decided to put a restriction on terrain because many newer scapers (and veterans too, actually) don't have a whole ton of terrain. We wanted to give as many people as possible the opportunity to benefit from these maps. The exact details will be posted very soon so you can know for sure what's going on.

I do really like the overall look of the map (I would need to study it more carefully to give better feedback). I love the central glyph with treasure glyphs on the outside as well - I think that helps to balance a 3-player map quite a bit instead of 3 random power glyphs on the outside. That can be frustrating as a player to be on the opposite side of a glyph that is really powerful, but that you have no prayer of taking. Seems to be good spacing of LOS blockers (you could still throw those trees in if you wanted to though).

Good work my friend!

EDIT: Connecting those road pieces would also allow units to better approach and engage some of the higher spots on the board. Just a thought.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old February 26th, 2019, 11:16 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I think it doesnt look bad at all. I take it that the randar glyphs are treasure? The only thing from glancing at it are the perches for raelyn but maybe they wont affect too much.
Yeah, the Glyphs of Brandar are meant to be Treasure Glyphs!
Old February 26th, 2019, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
That looks really cool man! I like the look of it. One suggestion might be to try and make a little bit better use of your road - three player maps can get big, and can take more effort to get around. So connecting those patches of road would be a smart move IMO.

Also, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the sets that you're using won't quite meet the terrain restrictions. We decided to put a restriction on terrain because many newer scapers (and veterans too, actually) don't have a whole ton of terrain. We wanted to give as many people as possible the opportunity to benefit from these maps. The exact details will be posted very soon so you can know for sure what's going on.

I do really like the overall look of the map (I would need to study it more carefully to give better feedback). I love the central glyph with treasure glyphs on the outside as well - I think that helps to balance a 3-player map quite a bit instead of 3 random power glyphs on the outside. That can be frustrating as a player to be on the opposite side of a glyph that is really powerful, but that you have no prayer of taking. Seems to be good spacing of LOS blockers (you could still throw those trees in if you wanted to though).

Good work my friend!

EDIT: Connecting those road pieces would also allow units to better approach and engage some of the higher spots on the board. Just a thought.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll try to work on the roads but it is kind of unfortunate that this map doesn't meet build requirements However, I am working on another 3-player map that I'm pretty excited about!
Old March 1st, 2019, 03:06 PM

Re: Shurrig's Maps: Working on three player maps

Okay, so since I plan on entering some maps into the upcoming contest, I have obviously been working on some fun three player maps! Unfortunately, the original map I uploaded about a week ago didn't meet the criteria, so since then I've been hashing out a couple maps that I can enter into the contest. I've been having a lot of fun working within this criteria and it's really helping me stretch my brain, considering I don't have much experience in making three player maps. Anyway, here are some of the designs I've got up right now, I imagine that these will not be the final versions of either maps, but I thought I might want to show y'all what I'm working with:

P.S. The Brandar Glyphs are Treasure Glyphs
Old March 2nd, 2019, 03:30 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

That Star map is pretty sweet. Actions starts asap. The unfortunate thing about it is that Dragons will just startzone bomb you turn 1. Not sure you can do much about it with the terrain restrictions though.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
That Star map is pretty sweet. Actions starts asap. The unfortunate thing about it is that Dragons will just startzone bomb you turn 1. Not sure you can do much about it with the terrain restrictions though.
Thank you very much! Dragons seem to be a problem in three player settings, in almost every three player map I’ve looked a Z-bomb 1st turn in the start zone seems to be an issue, but the star map here is notably more prone to any ranged dragon attack...

I’m going to try to get a few games in on it soon before I officially submit it just to see how bad of an issue it is, and if it is I’ll just have to go back to the drawing board and see what I can come up with lol
Old March 3rd, 2019, 12:46 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Love for the idea of the star map! I'm a big fan of split start zones, and really like what that does for a 3-player game!

Personally, while start zone bombs are probably going to be pretty likely for a lot of 3-player maps, I wouldn't worry about it too much. The great thing about 3-player games is that table politics come into play, and if one player opens up start zone bombing the other two, they're probably going to gang up on him and get some revenge. :devil: The one might have a good first couple of turns, but that will turn south pretty quickly.

Not that things like start zone bombs shouldn't be taken into consideration and minimized as much as possible, but it is interesting how table politics can balance out a game....

I'll try to take a closer look and get more in-depth feedback your way soon.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 3rd, 2019, 12:54 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Love the star map! It looks like a wonderful three player map, but it looks like it could also make a wonderful two player map. With its design, if you had a player starting in every other start zone, it could still be symmetrical for the two players. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a two-player map with that line of symmetry. That would certainly be really cool!
Old March 3rd, 2019, 08:32 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I'm totally digging this one. Possibilities for 1v1, 3 player free for all, and easily a 2v2 format on this, not to mention a 6 player for smaller armies. Nicely done. So far I'm seeing some really sweet maps pop up for this one.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios