Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old October 25th, 2018, 12:02 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Lazy Orang's Classic Customs - Fiends of Folklore

Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game
~ Paul Rodriguez

As I created units for @Dr.Goomonkey 's custom contest, I began to see a pattern emerging. Starting with Dreg Mera, then running through to the Myji Coven, An Bláth Dúnmharú and the Jubokko, I realised I was creating a large number of characters which felt like folklore spirits, because that's the sort of thing that really captures my imagination. By the time I created Annie (An Bláth), I realised 'Hey, I have three of these things - three's the beginnings of a faction!' (@TheAverageFan's Spirit Husks of Ahnend also fit in with my Spirits, and in fact predate them.) Much of the remainder of this update will be expanding this faction that started by accident and coincidence but which eventually grew from excitement and love for the theme. Today, I show the first example of factional synergy.
The figure for Hanternos is one I never originally intended to own. My brother picked up Mantika by @Pumpkin_King for me as a present, but ended up being sent a translucent version of the same sculpt in addition to the one he wanted to get me (I forget the exactly why now, it was nearly a year ago). Considering this to be part of the present he got me and seeing how bloody awesome the figure looked, I knew I wanted to do something with it, and its transparent nature immediately made me think 'Spirit'! I decided it would fit well in a leader role, as a sort of primordial perfect hunter. Running with the 'Primordial Hunter' angle, I decided to open up his leadership to Hunters as well, particularly considering the fact that Hunters in Heroscape have a tendency to be an underpowered (or at least overlooked), rag-tag bunch with little in the way of synergy. Hanternos does a bit to help that.

Card by @mac122

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

~Lazy Orang, making acknowledgement to @Soundwarp SG-1 for the General and the Homeworld. Tomorrow, something I've shown before, before it's all Spirits, all the time!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; October 26th, 2018 at 07:49 AM.
Old October 25th, 2018, 12:20 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Interesting!

'Big Ghost Bug' is not something I've ever thought about in Heroscape terms (or any other terms, possibly). Not familiar enough with the pieces in the faction to really comment on how it all fits together, but this is a pretty cool design for an interesting mini.

If I have one beef with the design, it's that it doesn't feel particularly... buggy? Like 'spectral hunter' comes through super strong in a really cool way (love that Midnight Hunter power), but it doesn't feel like you're doing much to dig into the 'insect' theme. Kinda wish he keyed into Predators rather than Hunters - just based on Sujoah and that Mantika you linked, seems like that would carry some bug theme.
Old October 25th, 2018, 04:18 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Top choice for Finn's Spirit.
Old October 25th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Interesting!

'Big Ghost Bug' is not something I've ever thought about in Heroscape terms (or any other terms, possibly). Not familiar enough with the pieces in the faction to really comment on how it all fits together, but this is a pretty cool design for an interesting mini.

If I have one beef with the design, it's that it doesn't feel particularly... buggy? Like 'spectral hunter' comes through super strong in a really cool way (love that Midnight Hunter power), but it doesn't feel like you're doing much to dig into the 'insect' theme. Kinda wish he keyed into Predators rather than Hunters - just based on Sujoah and that Mantika you linked, seems like that would carry some bug theme.
Glad you like the look of him! I wasn't really pushing the bug idea too much, but I do like the idea of him working with Predators... I wouldn't want to cut Hunters for it (I feel the Hunters are more in need of help), but I'm thinking I'm likely to add Predators to that set. The thought of him teaming up with Sujoah, Wyverns, Mantika or @superfrog 's Apocria or Ticallan Swordwings does appeal...

And as for the faction and how it fits together... stay tuned! Other than the figures linked in the post, the remaining members of the Spirit faction will be posted over the next few days. It's a faction I'm very proud of, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Top choice for Finn's Spirit.
Well... you're not wrong!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 25th, 2018, 04:49 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Woah, quite unexpected to have somebody remember my own customs better than I do!
Old October 25th, 2018, 04:50 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Woah, quite unexpected to have somebody remember my own customs better than I do!
Yeah... picked those couple up a while back. Haven't had opportunity to have more than one game with each, but they both felt like fun! I was shocked by the size difference between the two Ticallan Swordwings...

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 25th, 2018, 04:53 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

That's what I get for making the card having never seen the miniatures in person.
Old October 25th, 2018, 04:58 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
That's what I get for making the card having never seen the miniatures in person.
One of them is much smaller, about Medium 5. I quite like it actually - as they're insects, I find it's quite easy to explain away with extreme sexual dimorphism.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 25th, 2018, 05:01 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Kind of funny that Soulborgs are immune to Soul Slicer.
Someone needs a Soulborg Slicer!
Old October 25th, 2018, 05:06 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Kind of funny that Soulborgs are immune to Soul Slicer.
Someone needs a Soulborg Slicer!
That's what happens when you try to work around the Deathwalkers existing! I'm not exactly wild about it either.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 26th, 2018, 09:21 AM
Hard as ice

I couldn't find an appropriate quote for today, so you're all just going to have to imagine one and pretend I haven't been crap.
~Lazy Orang

Okay, so here's the chap I did for @Dr.Goomonkey 's Summer Custom Contest. The figure was a tanuki, so I began looking them up (I was starting from zero knowledge here). I wanted to properly represent the different aspects of the mythological tanuki, and to do something a little off the beaten track.
Due to the fact that they could shapeshift into and impersonate... just about anything, I let this guy start the game off the battlefield and replace any friendly figure, DO or terrain piece (terrain piece, in this instance, is not meant to mean standard terrain tiles, and he has to be able to actually be placed on a space to replace something, so, for example, he can't replace a ruin because it doesn't occupy any spaces, but he could replace a battlement, evergreen tree, jungle piece or glacier). Then, to represent their trickery, I allowed him to attempt to... well, trick anyone he's next to after being placed. Rather than make it a standard D20 roll, I wanted there to be a degree of actual trickery and mind games going on, so I took the 'pick the X' mechanic from C3G's The Riddler.
To represent their ability to shape certain parts of their... *ehm*... anatomy into different weapons and tools, I gave him the choice between boosting his attack by 2, boosting his defence by 2 or attacking two additional times each turn, and, in possibly the strangest aspect of the card, I wanted to represent that tanukis are symbols of prosperity in Japanese folklore - as such, he provides a small discount to other Unique cards in your army, which can make him interesting for army building. Is he a little complex, perhaps overly so? Probably, but I'm okay with that.
His bio is a haiku, because... well, he's Japanese and I was feeling experimental at the time.

Card by @mac122

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

~Lazy Orang, making acknowledgement to @Soundwarp SG-1 for the homeworld. From now on, none of what I put up will have been seen on here before!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 26th, 2018, 10:03 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Hah! I’m glad I was able to (inadvertently) inspire you!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards