Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old January 26th, 2007, 10:06 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Nice to know about Harry's Uncle being "presumed dead" as he appears in the scene outside the apartment building when the Skinwalker goes boom! Yet earlier in the episode Bob states Harry "self-defensed" his uncle to death ... I thought I was going nuts - I even watched it a few times to be sure what I was seeing/hearing!
I finished up with Book 5 the other day, and the only reason to believe that the character in the books "Justin" (whose reflection in the TV version is Harry's "Uncle Justin") isn't dead, is the insistence that he is dead

I'm sure you know how fiction in general, fantasy fiction especially, work - nothing's out of the question, sometimes maddeningly inconsistently so.

I once saw this movie trilogy where all the way through to the end of the second installment one was told that the character "Luke Skywalker"'s father was dead, and then it turns out that his father is his nemesis in a full body prosthesis (hope I didn't spoil that for anyone ). Stuff like that.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old January 26th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
After watching this a second time last night it made a LOT more sense. I can't help but feel that this episode was never meant to be the first one aired though.
Old January 26th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
After watching this a second time last night it made a LOT more sense. I can't help but feel that this episode was never meant to be the first one aired though.
It wasn't.
Old January 26th, 2007, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:
It wasn't.
I guess an executive decision was made that they should begin with Harry's relationship to his father and uncle as the driving plot behind the series.

I hope that, similar to the books, they establish lots of plotlines, concentrate on one then let it fade just out of one's thought, only to have a door open later and bam - there it is again. I like how the books juggle all the goings on.

And you can see her

Old January 26th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddrew
Quote:
Quote:
It wasn't.
I guess an executive decision was made that they should begin with Harry's relationship to his father and uncle as the driving plot behind the series.
An executive decision was made to change Bob from a Fire Spirit living in Harry's fireplace to a Ghost trapped in his own skull. They filmed the 2 hour pilot with Bob as a Fire Spirit, but after the decision to change him came down they had to go back and refilm and reedit parts of the pilot.

The pilot (it was originally supposed to just be a movie, but SciFi liked what they saw that they picked it for a series before the movie aired) was supposed to be 2 hours long and based on the first book and titled after it (Storm Front). Now that it went back for re-editing they have cut it down to an hour and it will be the 5th episode of the season.

Jim Butcher is annoyed that they decided to show them out of order, but has faith that they made a good decision and it will not affect the continuity of the show. Lets hope he's right.
Old January 26th, 2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
They filmed the 2 hour pilot with Bob as a Fire Spirit, but after the decision to change him came down they had to go back and refilm and reedit parts of the pilot.

The pilot was supposed to be 2 hours long and based on the first book and titled after it (Storm Front). Now that it went back for re-editing they have cut it down to an hour and it will be the 5th episode of the season.
I am very wary of this episode. I was wondering how they were going to fit Storm Front into a 2 hour movie - now I have no idea how they are going to cram all (or even 1/3) of it into an hour (46 minutes with all the commercial breaks, mind you). Just cut to the chase, literally, I suppose.

Best part of the books, IMHO, is all of the building tension through mystery that takes place before the actual conflicts. I thought they did a fair effort of that with the first episode by not being forthcoming with the relationship between the Ravenfolk and the Skinwalker, letting us twist along with Harry and Bob as the show went on. Of course in the books there are usually 5 or 6 players rather than 2

And you can see her

Old January 26th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I plan on picking up Stormfront this weekend.
Old January 26th, 2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
I plan on picking up Stormfront this weekend.
I plan on you picking up "Fool Moon" (book 2) on Monday

And you can see her

Old January 26th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I just plan on watching the next episode to night ...

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old January 26th, 2007, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
I just plan on watching the next episode to night ...
Do you know somebody

Next episode isn't until Sunday - (unless I'm wrong, which would be great, I can watch it tonight, not sure about Sunday).

And you can see her

Old January 26th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Site Admin

If you go to www.scifi.com they are playing the first episode on the homepage. Nice....
Old January 26th, 2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
If you go to www.scifi.com they are playing the first episode on the homepage. Nice....
Networks doing this kinda thing is just too cool. I get so worked up about their enslavement (an admitted exaggeration ) of the viewer (commercial spots mostly), and then they come up with this...mitigates a little

And you can see her

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media