Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old December 31st, 2006, 02:45 PM

the-next-wade has disabled reputation
Capture the Flag- A Good Way to Begin

I got Heroscape for Christmas, and when I first got it, it seemed pretty confusing. An easy way to start is Capture the Flag Style. A big part of the game, glyphs, is missing, and I know that may draw criticism. So please, no ranting about this version, I would love any constructive criticism, but no ranting. Here is what you will need:
  • Any landscape you would like, it does not matter.
  • An army of 10-14 cards.
  • A flag. It can be the flag from the castle set, or any marker you would like.
  • 12 Skull Dice
  • The 20 sided die
  • 2 Players
What you don't need:
  • The glyphs
  • Lives
  • Wound Markers
I chose not to play with those additions because I wanted to make it easier. You can try and find a way to play with them if you like.

How to Play

Find your army of 10-14 cards. Now agree on your two flag locations. They should be far away from each other. Now it is time to place your army. Ask yourself if your landscape is small or large. There is no in-between. If it is larger, you can place your characters up to 8 spaces away from your flag. Smaller landscapes mean up to 7 spaces away from the flag.

Next up, what you will use on your character card. You will use move, range, attack, and defense normally. You can also use their special effects normally. When it comes to attacking, roll your attack die. The defender rolls his defend die. If the attacker wins, the defender is automatically removed from play. No second lives. If the defender wins, the encounter is over and nothing happens.

When playing, the objective is to get as many of your people to the flag. When that character gets to the flag, he is removed from play, and you score a point from your team. You keep playing until the game is out of reach (Say, you have three points and your opponent only has two characters left, you win.).
I think that's all you need to know, if there are any questions, ask away!
Old December 31st, 2006, 03:38 PM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I do not undestand what you find confusing. The special abilities are easy to grasp and using a multi life hero is easy too.
Old December 31st, 2006, 03:59 PM

cryptoknight has disabled reputation
Yah I have to agree with stealth dodge... lives/wounds are simple... If you want difficult try to tell if a Mageknight character has a red or an orange box on his dial.

Come to Anime Central 2007. http://www.acen.org
Old December 31st, 2006, 07:10 PM

I agree now, but at the beginning I didn't want to bother, so I made this easy version. I agree they are easy to me now.
Old January 1st, 2007, 12:27 AM

Any other comments?
Old January 1st, 2007, 12:27 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-next-wade
I agree now, but at the beginning I didn't want to bother, so I made this easy version. I agree they are easy to me now.
There's certainly nothing wrong with creating simpler versions, and your variant does sound like a fun way to begin. That's always the main goal: to have fun.

One recommendation I'd offer is that it would probably be best to use the basic stats, since you're not using wound markers/lives.

-David
Old January 1st, 2007, 12:36 AM

Thanks for the advice David. I think I will use the front side for this version.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions