Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Have you successfully destroyed the Fortress Door?
Yes, but only once. 23 17.56%
Yes, but only 2 to 3 times. 17 12.98%
Yes, multiple times (4+) 16 12.21%
No, have never destroyed the door, but have tried to. 37 28.24%
No, have never destroyed the door, and never bothered to try 17 12.98%
Haven't played a Fortress game yet... 21 16.03%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 16th, 2006, 01:42 AM

riledguy has disabled reputation
I am not sure how people had there castle doors broken down by Krug. I had a friend take Krug to do that. No problem. I just let him walk up to the door and whack at it with his 2 attack. The thing did not budge.

I have only seen the door broken down once by Jotun and it was against me and by the time it was broken down I had everyone inside in place to wipe out the people at it. The 4th Mass line was up on ladders ready to go so with height and having not moved that was 4 guys firing 4 dice each. Pretty rough for any character to deal with.

I personally find the door to be too tough.
Old June 10th, 2010, 04:09 PM

Dwarvenwarrior123 is surprisingly tart
Re: Anyone ever destroy the Fortress Door in battle?...

me and Adbirk19 played a massive castle game against a friend of ours. broke the door with Jotun/Charos combo game was a stand still though.

Old June 10th, 2010, 04:16 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

I've been playing this game for a couple years and I've never used the door.

It is too tough.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old June 10th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarvenwarrior123 View Post
me and Adbirk19 played a massive castle game against a friend of ours. broke the door with Jotun/Charos combo game was a stand still though.
You need a scythe.................

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." ~Albert Einstein

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old June 10th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death!

I used Minons, It was tough!
You had to hit the 2 attack and even then they would have to blank on def. It took about 5 rounds of 2 minons swinging, but it can be done.

wriggz's custom Figures and Terrain

Have a Question? Take it to the Dump.

Want to Learn More? Go to the Library.
Old June 10th, 2010, 04:33 PM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Jotun has worked well for me before. His smash attack lets you hit defenders behind it, his normal attack his high enough to put wounds on it, and he can throw attackers onto the walls. He basically IS a siege weapon.

The trick with throwing guys onto walls is to have figures with projecting parts. Jotun has to have clear sight on them, which means any part of the sculpt. One game I recall specifically involved him throwing the Roman with the outstretched sword onto a wall. The Roman reached his sword out between the battlements and Jotun could see him. Since it was higher than Jotun's height, no throwing damage.

I think destroying the door is becoming progressively less popular/necessary. We're getting to have quite a few figures that can tunnel, fly, carry, teleport, summon, or whatever else that provides alternative ways in.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 10th, 2010, 04:38 PM

Evisceraxe is surprisingly tart

In the way my cousin and I play, he hides behind the door so I have to destroy it get in. The best way (for me) is to use ranged attacks to kill Syvarris (his favorite figure) and the other units on the wall and then use Krug and the Minions to get in.

Check out my Customs here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37016

**General Update 1-30-12
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:02 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The easiest time I've had busting through the door with a non-superhero unit was with Anubian Wolves. The map had a hill at one end of the map, a wide river spanning the middle(with some snow/ice/glaciers scattered around in it), and a castle at the other end. A wide bridge spanned the river, and led directly up to the castle door. The Anubians all got onto one end of the bridge, and used the bonus movement to charge the door.
It was great! The Anubians were all packed tightly against the door, trying to bust through. The 4th Massachusetts mounted above the door tried to shoot down the Wolves, but the Anubians had so many units initially(4 squads worth) that they could withstand a few losses. The Anubians eventually got a streak of 19s-20s(With Khosumet), and busted through the door.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:18 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

I imagine the Fen Hydra could be super effective against the door. [/I]
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:28 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Jotun has worked well for me before. His smash attack lets you hit defenders behind it, his normal attack his high enough to put wounds on it, and he can throw attackers onto the walls. He basically IS a siege weapon.

The trick with throwing guys onto walls is to have figures with projecting parts. Jotun has to have clear sight on them, which means any part of the sculpt. One game I recall specifically involved him throwing the Roman with the outstretched sword onto a wall. The Roman reached his sword out between the battlements and Jotun could see him. Since it was higher than Jotun's height, no throwing damage.
The problem is that you can only put one figure per turn up like that. Its easy to defend against one squad figure every turn. Throwing Heros up like this would be a better strategy.
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:38 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

The easiest way to kill the door is Q10. Two attacks of four and the auto shields don't count, you can get through it pretty quickly.
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Learned something new today.

I did not know you could attack people behind the door with Jotun.

That's pretty cool.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion