Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Have you successfully destroyed the Fortress Door?
Yes, but only once. 23 17.56%
Yes, but only 2 to 3 times. 17 12.98%
Yes, multiple times (4+) 16 12.21%
No, have never destroyed the door, but have tried to. 37 28.24%
No, have never destroyed the door, and never bothered to try 17 12.98%
Haven't played a Fortress game yet... 21 16.03%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 10th, 2006, 02:28 PM

aielman has disabled reputation
we knocked the life down to 6 because it was too hard to destroy at 10...

its still rediculusly hard to knock the thing down
Old November 10th, 2006, 07:08 PM

monkeyfish has disabled reputation
I was only able to destroy the door once and that was with Q9.

Captain Qwark for President 08'
Old November 10th, 2006, 07:14 PM

Wilkerson74 has disabled reputation
Havn't got to use the castles much ....but it's been my experience that they are quite formidable.

If you don't have the right figure to take down the door your pretty much screwed, as small and medium figures have very little chance to actually damage the door.
Old November 10th, 2006, 08:20 PM

Mr.Zolt has disabled reputation
I'm currently trying to pick one up.... All I have is a MS at the moment.

Old November 10th, 2006, 08:47 PM

brigade101 has disabled reputation
Played one castle game with a friends castle. Krug with a lot of wound markers broke thru in 2 turns.
Old November 10th, 2006, 09:06 PM

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart
In my experience, I've taken down the door 4 to 5 times with Q9. With his huge range only a few castle defenders will be able to shoot him, his attack is decent if you can get height advantage on the door. I leave ALL of my units waiting to enter the castle out of range of the figures on the walls, only when the door is down do they move in range, and a lot of the time I'll use Q9 to pick off several guys on the walls with his special first. His defense is good, and with a life of 4 on top of heavy defense, he's hard to take down, so even if you have to take some fire while shooting the door, you usually end up ok.

Another technique that works pretty well, and I haven't heard many people mention this one: Use a flyer to get inside the walls and occupy the door space, then you can open the door from the inside and let everyone in. Many times if someone knows that they are going to bunker down in the castle and just shoot from the ramparts, they won't even bother having a door-guard. You can fly right in, they think that you are going to attack the people on the walls, but fly right by them and open the door.

For this, you have to have all your guys right outside the door, ready to move in as soon as it's open, because the moment that the castle defender sees what you are doing they will shoot your flyer down like there's no tomorrow. So using Raelin with her defensive aura to get everyone close to the door, then when everyone is in position you fly over and open it. Trust me, it will **** off whoever you are playing, but it's a great way to storm the castle.

Click to see more...
Old November 10th, 2006, 09:14 PM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
I don't have a castle let.

FINISH HIM!
Old November 10th, 2006, 09:36 PM

ITakeDrake has disabled reputation
Taylor

Last night as a matter of fact I broke the door down on Turn 2, Round 2. We were playing teams and the opposing team took flyers into the castle on the first round. On one door they had Nilfheim behind it controlling it. I had two blade gruts hitting it to break it down. They had the added +1 bonuses from Grimnak and Tornak, with the FB Ornak. In one turn I rolled three Crests and one of the Blade Gruts hit the door for 16pts of damage. On my final turn I moved the FB first and surrounded Nilfheim, Rolled 4 crests, and was hitting Nilfheim for 5-10 apiece with the gruts. Needless to say I took him down. I took the door down two nights ago with the same team, in the same manner. I love the FB with the Gruts, as nothing has presented a problem because of their massive attacks with the FB. Just ask ITAKEDRAKE. He hates me, my gruts, and their FB

He didn't tell you that by the time he got in and killed the dragon I had Microcorps perched at the top of the castle. Inone turn I killed all the gruts and Tornak. I then killed the FB two turns later.

He still won. lol.

I would like to see him respond so we can on if he was using the Gruts fairly. If he wasn't using them fairly it wasn't on purpose though.

I am learning Heroscape.
Old November 10th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Never have gotten that door down. Sent an orc up once to do doorbell ditch. It worked, the defenders fell for it and answered, but they slammed the door on the orc's face before he could jump in.

Can't wait for those ghosts in Wave 6 to try.
Old November 11th, 2006, 12:13 PM

The Last Valkyrie has disabled reputation
I had Jotun break the door once (Im an Ullar guy) and he took no damage the whole time. But once it broka all hell broke lose and my men and my bros men started dropping.

Go Ullar!!
Visit my RP website: http://www.freewebs.com/drydell/index.htm
Old November 11th, 2006, 09:54 PM

fejkl Woo who?
We've kept it at 10 hp, but eliminated its auto shields, giving it four normal defense. That works very well, as it's breechable, but not too breechable (is breechable even a word?).
Old November 12th, 2006, 01:46 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
my son has done it with 2 wolves. took only 2 turns by first rolling a 20 on the D20 both times for their attack strength. it was pretty unbelievable.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion