Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Have you successfully destroyed the Fortress Door?
Yes, but only once. 23 17.56%
Yes, but only 2 to 3 times. 17 12.98%
Yes, multiple times (4+) 16 12.21%
No, have never destroyed the door, but have tried to. 37 28.24%
No, have never destroyed the door, and never bothered to try 17 12.98%
Haven't played a Fortress game yet... 21 16.03%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 10th, 2006, 12:38 PM

countblah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by countblah
it's too bad that the castle door is considered to be a large figure for attacking purposes. If it wasn't, I'll bet the Deathstalkers would do a number on it!
The door doesn't have a size classification.
Ey really? So would the deathstalkers work on the door? Getting perhaps 3 wounds per deathstalker if they roll well?

Waiting for my old avatar to dry off. And to quit stinking, too.

Old November 10th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
it's too bad that the castle door is considered to be a large figure for attacking purposes. If it wasn't, I'll bet the Deathstalkers would do a number on it!
Ey really? So would the deathstalkers work on the door? Getting perhaps 3 wounds per deathstalker if they roll well?
Since it doesn't have a size classification (Small, Medium, Large, Huge) any special power, that only inflicts wounds, but requires the target to be one those, does not affect the door. So the Deathstalkers Maul wouldn't work against the door.
Old November 10th, 2006, 12:55 PM

countblah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Since it doesn't have a size classification (Small, Medium, Large, Huge) any special power, that only inflicts wounds, but requires the target to be one those, does not affect the door. So the Deathstalkers Maul wouldn't work against the door.
Boo. Back they go the the bottom of the pack, then.

Waiting for my old avatar to dry off. And to quit stinking, too.

Old November 10th, 2006, 01:12 PM

j-Bird is surprisingly tart
I've only played a few castle scenarios so far and have never destroyed the door. I have an idea to use a hidden glyph as a key that will permanently open the door. A figure must land on the glyph to get the key and then must become adjacent to the door while un-engaged to open it. Haven't played this in any siege scenarios yet, but have played it in other scenarios that use the castle/door.
Old November 10th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
IIRC I got Krug there with only two wounds. Then he went down in one turn to Syvarris and some opportune rolls (4 skulls vs 0 shileds and 4 skulls vs 2 shields I believe). I think I actually got two wounds on the door before Syvarris had his turn.
Old November 10th, 2006, 01:14 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
I was going to try something like that, except it wasn't going to keep it open forever.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old November 10th, 2006, 01:19 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Storming a castle without siege weapons is akin to attacking a deathstar with a jediless X-Wing.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old November 10th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse
Storming a castle without siege weapons is akin to attacking a deathstar with a jediless X-Wing.
That's what I'd call...suicide.
Old November 10th, 2006, 01:35 PM

Taylor21279 has disabled reputation
I BREAK EASY UUUGGGHHHH!

Last night as a matter of fact I broke the door down on Turn 2, Round 2. We were playing teams and the opposing team took flyers into the castle on the first round. On one door they had Nilfheim behind it controlling it. I had two blade gruts hitting it to break it down. They had the added +1 bonuses from Grimnak and Tornak, with the FB Ornak. In one turn I rolled three Crests and one of the Blade Gruts hit the door for 16pts of damage. On my final turn I moved the FB first and surrounded Nilfheim, Rolled 4 crests, and was hitting Nilfheim for 5-10 apiece with the gruts. Needless to say I took him down. I took the door down two nights ago with the same team, in the same manner. I love the FB with the Gruts, as nothing has presented a problem because of their massive attacks with the FB. Just ask ITAKEDRAKE. He hates me, my gruts, and their FB

"Show me a Hero, and I'll write you a tragedy" - Fitzgerald
Old November 10th, 2006, 01:42 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker
I have done it once. Krug put in the first 4 or 5 points of damage before he died. Then Deadeye Dan spent the next 4 rounds using his 1 die special ability to finish it off. The only problem was that I didn't have enough troops left to do anything worthwhile once the door was down.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old November 10th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: I BREAK EASY UUUGGGHHHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor21279
Last night as a matter of fact I broke the door down on Turn 2, Round 2. We were playing teams and the opposing team took flyers into the castle on the first round. On one door they had Nilfheim behind it controlling it. I had two blade gruts hitting it to break it down. They had the added +1 bonuses from Grimnak and Tornak, with the FB Ornak. In one turn I rolled three Crests and one of the Blade Gruts hit the door for 16pts of damage. On my final turn I moved the FB first and surrounded Nilfheim, Rolled 4 crests, and was hitting Nilfheim for 5-10 apiece with the gruts. Needless to say I took him down. I took the door down two nights ago with the same team, in the same manner. I love the FB with the Gruts, as nothing has presented a problem because of their massive attacks with the FB. Just ask ITAKEDRAKE. He hates me, my gruts, and their FB
uh, it appears that you might be using the FlagBearer's ability incorrectly? The attack bonus just comes from being able to roll the special FB dice instead of the normal red dice for attacking, allowing one more side to potentially score a wound as the FB symbol counts as a skull. 4/6 instead of 3/6 chance.

An Orc Grut couldn't attack with more than 4 dice (albeit the FB dice) in your above account. 2 base, +1 from Tornak, +1 from Grimmy.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old November 10th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: I BREAK EASY UUUGGGHHHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor21279
one of the Blade Gruts hit the door for 16pts of damage.
Thats a lot of damage from a Blade Grut. I have a feeling you were doing something wrong...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion