Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:58 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Fixing Anubian Wolves/Khosumet

I'm a big fan of werewolves. But as much I love the look of the Anubians, I never see them played. The major issue for me is the lack of hero bonding.

Why don't they have Darklord bonding? It seems like a gimme to me. 150 points for the combo would really up their use, imo. Thoughts?
Old May 22nd, 2006, 12:11 PM

Feng Shui has disabled reputation
I'd say depending on the scenario I'd bring 'em in later in the game after range in removed and hope for high rolls to get some power going on. That extra attack is gonna really help out against some of the crazy defensive pieces that will surely be left at the end of the match.

Other than that, I would say they're on the weak side. Anything that is specialized to a certain scenario, like breaking up a solid defensive unit or two, probably isn't gonna get picked for lack of versatility.

Maybe something else will come along and have some mods for 'em that'll help out a bit.

Old May 22nd, 2006, 12:25 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
He was lookin for the place called Lee Ho Fooks

They are AWESOME! With the Fury roll you at atleast attacking with 2 die and if you roll the 20d and have a Dumutef on your team that's an 10 attack! These bad boys are hero killers with the right roll. 6 Movement and a high attack

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old May 22nd, 2006, 01:23 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
they would be borderline too dominating with bonding.
If the Wolves can stay alive long enough, they WILL get a turn with at least 5 and likely 10 attack.
That is game-turning, either way.

There are many valid fixes for Khosumet - too bad that "Fixing HS units" thread isn;t up here - it was so good, I think we shyould recreate it. My House Rules file is filled with at least 15 to 20 fixes which make official units better, imo.

Khosumet should either get a reduction in points, or (best solution) a 4 or 6-range Aura that enhances the Wolves, or the Wolves get bonding (pretty extreme fix).
Without this change, it simply is not worth it to draft Khosumet - it's too hard for him to be helpful, except for hanging back and being a +1 to their rolls (which is inherently a BADLY DESIGNED unit).
Old May 22nd, 2006, 02:58 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart
I dunno I think giving him bonding is less extreme then giving him a range of 4-6 on his +1 attack. Why? because by leaving it at one he is forced to stick with the wolves and will be easier to pick off with range; otherwise you may have to move within range of the wolves in order to take out their leader.

I'm pretty sure the Dumteff guard is a +1 to adjacent as well making it a really risky manuever to roll the guard up first and having to wait a turn to move the wolves up. He could maybe stand and take the fire and live, but with 4d and 1 life it's not very likely.

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old May 22nd, 2006, 04:12 PM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
I like the wolves but I never use the relentless enhancement to pump them up. I keep the wolves away from the darklord so that he doesn't get killed (which is easy to do). I want him to live to keep that Unleashed Fury bonus rolling. I know +1 isn't much on a d20 but it is enough to guarantee that you don't roll a 1 and self-destruct your devourers.

I use the relentless bonus to enhance someone like Krug or the Venoc Warlord that I keep in the rear for protection. In addition I only use the dumetef guard if there is a lot of road otherwise I just send in multiple squads of devourers.

Long ranged opponents are still a problem yet as I haven't figured out how to have enough points left to bring in good anti-ranged unless we play with 500 points or more.

Back to the original topic: Thora's is going to have more wolves...maybe they'll have bonding, or at least a second use to the Unleashed Fury bonus.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 05:05 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I like the wolves a lot and have had very good success with them. I usually always draft multiples of any common squad I plan to use, especially the wolves. If you are playing with large armies (1000 or more) then drafting three or more squads of wolves seems natural to me (as opposed to only dafting one squad. I'm not saying I always draft wolves). And if you've got that many wolves, adding the Dark Lord just makes sense. I think part of the points associated with common squads is due to the fact that they are common and you can have multiples. Being able to move any three wolves gives you a lot of flexibility each turn there's an order marker placed on the card. And being able to roll first helps to make the best choice as to how to move/attack with them.

As for the Dark Lord, he is a bit expensive, but is worth it in my opinion to guarentee your wolves don't roll a 1. And why wouldn't he hide out in the back of the army, they don't call him the Dark Lord for nothing!
Old May 23rd, 2006, 06:06 PM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
Khosumet would be cool with a bonding/frenzy power.

After taking a turn with Khosumet, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher you may immediately take a turn with any Anubian Wolves unit you control.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 06:10 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
I don't think the "wolves" in Thora's Vengeance (shelf pics) are Utgar. They look like Vydar cyber-wolves. And they are probably not "wolves." Wolves = werewolves, apparently.

As for Khosumet, he is a 75 point, killable glyph!
His bio says that his shield can withstand any attack (or some such hyped-up wording). I think that Life 3 Defense 3 doesn't hold up to that rhetoric. I also think that his whole sickle/shield thing would be much cooler if he had a real chance in melee!
-Taeblewalker

Old May 23rd, 2006, 06:17 PM

bobofett has disabled reputation
Here's one why not give give him a power that allows him to give the wolves a second turn as long as he is still alive.

or give khosumet a double turn and a higher attack.

Visit the worlds greatest website.
www.heroscapers.com/community
Old May 23rd, 2006, 06:20 PM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofett
Here's one why not give give him a power that allows him to give the wolves a second turn as long as he is still alive.
If bonding's too powerful for some, that's idea is a Killer!

The thing is, the wolves are strong enough. K isn't.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 06:29 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith
As for the Dark Lord, he is a bit expensive, but is worth it in my opinion to guarentee your wolves don't roll a 1. And why wouldn't he hide out in the back of the army, they don't call him the Dark Lord for nothing!
a 5% chance is simply not worth 75 points, IMO.
(btw - good post)

I believe firmly that any unit who's sole purpose is to sit back behind the battlelines and not directly affect battle is a flawed unit.
It may as well be a piece of Equipment.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units